• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2016 [OT] Bodies ache, but New York will not wait. [Tennis]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Who even is that Lorenzi dude. First time I saw him playing was in Hamburg a few weeks ago and now he's competing against Murray?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray and Evans have swapped places after extensive plastic surgery.

It is the only explanation.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Evans will lose this because of his fitness. He's struggling already.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Evans' footwork is dreadful. He keeps getting trapped in terrible positions and can't hit his naturally effortless shots, and now Wawrinka has figured out that he can't return body shots he's not had a chance.

That's the worst Murray victory I've ever seen.

Not even his worst of the year - Paire in Monte Carlo is the clear leader there. That match was an absolute clown fest of the highest order.

I think this was a classic case of a defender getting everything back and baiting him into a ridiculous number of errors until he calmed down and tightened up. But I'll grant you his 20% first serves in the second set... yeah, that was shocking.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Not even his worst of the year - Paire in Monte Carlo is the clear leader there. That match was an absolute clown fest of the highest order.

I think this was a classic case of a defender getting everything back and baiting him into a ridiculous number of errors until he calmed down and tightened up. But I'll grant you his 20% first serves in the second set... yeah, that was shocking.

Yeah, in some fairness to Murray, any match in which he hits 60 winners is probably not in his worst.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
There is an alternate timeline where Evans took his career seriously and was world no.1. Just to remind everyone, this is a guy who spent half his career not practicing and simply turning up to matches and in terrible shape. His natural talent is absurd, it just lacked dedication.

Diamond

There is an alternate timeline where Evans took his career seriously and was world no.1. Just to remind everyone, this is a guy who spent half his career not practicing and simply turning up to matches and in terrible shape. His natural talent is absurd, it just lacked dedication.

The british Gulbis.

That's a really fun match. Glad I stayed up.

Speevy

Banned
This is a pretty exciting match between Wawrinka and Evans.

I'm not sure who to root for because Stan is fighting from behind at this point.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Winner of this set takes it all, I think. Can't see Evans managing a fifth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom