• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

User reviews on Steam for Elden Ring being deleted

Fredrik

Or just get anyone to review. Reviews are not narrow casting, they're broad.
I don’t know, to deliberately avoid to choose a fan of a genre or IP to review a new game in that genre or IP, when the outlet actually have someone who understand the game, is just strange to me. It’s not like fans can’t be negative, the most detailed and thoughtful complaints usually comes from diehard fans.

That said, I like when there is a small box with a secondary opinion by someone with a different taste in games. A different perspective. I just don’t think it’s right if that person has the main review.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Sounds like every from software release ever to be honest. Players kept talking about how great every from software game is despite all that, but then complain when reviewers don't complain enough...
Hey, we just want to eat our agreement cake, and disagree with it too okay? 😄

DAHGAMING

Im glad i dont buy games on release anymore, fucking bargain bin these shit heaps for less than half there release price and in a better state. I blame the anti crunch culture, put these fuckers to work .

Karak

Love your vids man, keep rocking. Usually how it goes with people overreacting about stuff they feel passionate about, don't let that put you down. Appreciate your integrity and the way you manage your channel.

Hopefully these issues will be fixed, for what it's worth the game is running fine for me on a 2080s with a ryzen 5 3600xt and 32gb of ram. Would love some DLSS tho!
Agreed. The game is good otherwise

Salmon

Lies

I’m pretty far into limgrave but recorded this earlier to prevent this misinformation. PS5 in both quality and Performance is the current best way to play the game. It’s better than DS3 was with the PS4pro patch and is generally over 55 during gameplay and if it does drop it shoots right back up. Also there is no hard stuttering or hitching that is a PC only feature.

You must be blind if you don't se that crazy stutter in the image you just recorded. Damn boy, look at them damn pillars jumping all around due to the micro-stutter!

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
That's kind of the impression I got. I mean, there was the clip of sluggishness and if that happened like every 15 seconds it'd be unplayable but the stuttering aspect, my eyes aren't that keen to actually notice anything. I'm also playing Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U so yea, I'm not exactly an expert in pinpointing every time there are frame drops, lol.

But yea, some people need to just chill. You'd think this was Cyberpunk all over again with some of the replies in here.
The game has real issues and even From Software agrees, they are addressing it and working on fixes because it's needed. The thing is, people have various degree of issues, so anecdotal evidence of "good enough" performance isn't very helpful. For many of us (5950, 3080 and 5GB/s m2) the game is at times unplayable with multiple freezes for more than a second in battles occurring. Apart from that I do love the game.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The dragon on Demon's Souls laughing at Elden Ring comparisons...

1b857-2d0812_d9deaf8b12124f91bec30adbe2fc4f6emv2.gif

I've been checking up on the Steam reviews since release and have not noticed any sort of "deletion" of reviews. That sounds a bit like sensational fanboyism. It's being slammed for stuttering, FPS lock and anti-cheat resulting in a 'mixed' review consensus since release. That has not suddenly changed. Thankfully the game runs pretty smooth on my gaming laptop.

Last edited:
Ok? And your post is supposed to fix that? I can't find Demon's Souls on Steam btw, so I'm a little bit confused why you're posting shit in this thread.

Edit: Oh shit, wait, I hit "show ignored content" by a mistake, my bad. I get it now.
When it does come to stream, I feel sorry for him when the comparison does come out on the stream version vs his store of choice.

But anyways, it's crazy how the critics and various reviews, reviewed the game compared to stream reviews. Reviewers shouldn't review certain things on the promise that it'll be fixed before launch. Cause now they look like shills. It's a good thing Karak Karak was able to clarify to the community how it all happened. Appreciate that brother. Cause it you hadn't, it would really look bad on all the media outlets, without knowing exactly what went down.

Last edited:

BlackTron

It seems every big game that comes out really needed an extra 6-12 months in the oven to fully complete.

It's laughable to pay a premium on day 1 just to be a beta tester.

Yeah games are still great but they killed off a lot of the fun and hype in the hobby with this crap. I just buy games at my leisure long after they come out, without much excitement or good will left for the publisher.

Osaka_Boss

You are overreacting. The game stutters here and there, but it is not frequent... Stop being a whiny b1tch drama queen and wait for new patches if you feel so oppressed. Or refund

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
For people who are having issues what type of HDD are you running off of? I am using a PCIE 4 M.2 so that could be why I very rarely ever see any stuttering or freezing?

nemiroff

Gold Member
For people who are having issues what type of HDD are you running off of? I am using a PCIE 4 M.2 so that could be why I very rarely ever see any stuttering or freezing?
Nah, it's not that, I'm running it on a high end PC with a 7GB/s WD Black SN850 m.2 (dedicated to game installs, W11 is on a separate drive) and have frequent ~1 second (!) freezes. Luckily the constant stuttering (and tearing - with G-Sync..........) vanished mostly when I used Borderless option. But the freezes are really painful, some boss fights are literally unplayable.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Nah, it's not that, I'm running it on a high end PC with a 7GB/s WD Black SN850 m.2 (dedicated to game installs, W11 is on a separate drive) and have frequent ~1 second (!) freezes. Luckily the constant stuttering (and tearing - with G-Sync..........) vanished mostly when I used Borderless option. But the freezes are really painful, some boss fights are literally unplayable.
Settings max or on high?

fart town usa

Gold Member
The game has real issues and even From Software agrees, they are addressing it and working on fixes because it's needed. The thing is, people have various degree of issues, so anecdotal evidence of "good enough" performance isn't very helpful. For many of us (5950, 3080 and 5GB/s m2) the game is at times unplayable with multiple freezes for more than a second in battles occurring. Apart from that I do love the game.
Yea, that's shitty. I'm not saying people are flat out lying about experiencing issues, I just think the reaction is a bit over blown right now. That being said, I bought it on base PS4 last night but haven't booted it up yet. Looking forward to spending some time with it tonight.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Settings max or on high?
Max. It's at 60 fps basically at all times, but yeah maybe I should dial everything down and see if one of the settings are causing the freezes. But I mean, since From Software has released a statement more or less acknowledging the issues, I can just wait for another patch and see.

MiguelItUp

I've put 20 hours into the game and haven't experienced outrageous fps drops or hangs if any sort. If anything a few micro stutters, but nothing affecting my gameplay whatsoever. 2K res, everything on high with blur turned off. It's a shame that some people are experiencing such insane issues, and others none at all.

The good thing is they'll be fixed soon I'm sure, I have no doubts. I just wish we knew what was causing it. I figured anticheat, but who knows.

It's really bizarre to see people absolutely freaking out about performance and I'm seeing absolutely nothing of the sort. I can't remember the last game I played that produced results THIS varied. Especially one I absolutely adore.

Last edited:

Hoddi

I have it on a 5400rpm HDD and I'm not seeing any issues related with that. I still see the occasional performance drop but it happens without any disk activity.

I just spent about an hour playing and the game streamed less than a gigabyte from the disk. It's a very lightweight game in this regard.

Last edited:

Karak

When it does come to stream, I feel sorry for him when the comparison does come out on the stream version vs his store of choice.

But anyways, it's crazy how the critics and various reviews, reviewed the game compared to stream reviews. Reviewers shouldn't review certain things on the promise that it'll be fixed before launch. Cause now they look like shills. It's a good thing Karak Karak was able to clarify to the community how it all happened. Appreciate that brother. Cause it you hadn't, it would really look bad on all the media outlets, without knowing exactly what went down.
Thanks! Cause to me, regardless if we all agree or disagree transparency allows for us to make better decisions on that agreement or lack of.
This is rare, I do want to point it out. Of the 10 or 20 behind the scenes on industry videos, I can't really remember a patch really hitting my systems so hard ever.
Lack of communication about it and this weird crap where supposedly one group knew or knows and the other is kept in the dark that's not at all cool. And falls in the same fucked up oddities that specific embargos for specific groups of reviews go. In the trash.

It hurt my channel a couple of times when a company has stated I can do a review before others. But just like this stuff, no way. It makes no sense at all.

I will also point out that, to me, this isn't anything like Cyberpunk. Like that game or hate it, it had windswept issues in a number of places and fun or not, there was no chance I was going to jump into that bed of bullshit.

Dr Bass

Demon's Souls small environments and corridors vs Elden Ring's open world.

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News
I thought Demon’s Souls had some pretty expansive areas. The scope of the vistas was one thing that impressed me.

Does anyone actually think that From Software is at the forefront of game production? The games are great but they’ve never been technically that good …

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I have it on a 5400rpm HDD and I'm not seeing any issues related with that. I still see the occasional performance drop but it happens without any disk activity.

I just spent about an hour playing and the game streamed less than a gigabyte from the disk. It's a very lightweight game in this regard.
After watching the DF video it makes sense to me that it has to do with a DRM or Anitcheat as it pauses when loading new objects that are not in cache.
MY THEORY is the anticheat has to check every new bit of data coming into ram thats not been vetted and cached.

now lets sit back and watch what happens when hackers break the anitcheat....

giphy.gif

I don't have any of those performance issues (neither my friends) I hope they fix it so ppl can fully enjoy this masterpiece.
Same here. Do you guys have low ram or running in 4k?

I am running in 1080p and getting consistant 60fps on pc.
Ryzen 3600, geforce 3060ti, 16gb ddr4(3.6ghz), have ssd but running game on hdd due to space issues.

Friend is even playing on a gaming laptop. Other then getting hot for him , no issues.

Not saying you guys aren't but there many of us that aren't having issues.
I am also using Windows 11, so maybe something there?

Last edited:
Top Bottom