• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanillaware's Unicorn Overlord has sold 500,000 copies

The sales figure comes from the Japanese version of Unicorn Overlord's Accolades trailer which was uploaded 9 days ago, but went public today.

Anyway, 500k copies sold as of March 22 is a great number for Unicorn Overlord considering its genre is SRPG. Congrats to Vanillaware and Atlus! 🎉

And yes, I did my part, and will probably be picking up a second copy for the Switch in a few months time! :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

The sales figure comes from the Japanese version of Unicorn Overlord's Accolades trailer which was uploaded 9 days ago, but went public today.

Anyway, 500k copies sold as of March 22 is a great number for Unicorn Overlord considering its genre is SRPG. Congrats to Vanillaware and Atlus! 🎉

And yes, I did my part, and will probably be picking up a second copy for the Switch in a few months time! :messenger_sunglasses:

Should have sold more..

For comparison, their previously released title, 13 Sentinels (another fantastic game that you all should play!), took two years to reach 500,000 copies sold.

Oh and Danjin44 Danjin44 , I think the news in the OP might make you happy since I know it's your current GOTY. :p

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I almost did my part. Congratulations Vanillaware.
zEI5hTb.png

because they were not "fast" enough on their review embargo for you.
giphy.gif

FunkMiller

This is a game I would probably have picked up - were it not for the fact I'm still playing BG3... and then there's Rebirth, and DD2, and Rogue Trader, and Erdtree coming up...

It'll probably have really good legs, as people finish up the big games.

jm89

Noice. Gonna pick it up soon, didn't expect to spend so much time on rebirth.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Isa

Celcius

°Temp. member
Glad to see the game selling well. It's their best work to date imho!

For comparison, their previously released title, 13 Sentinels (another fantastic game that you all should play!), took two years to reach 500,000 copies sold.

Oh and Danjin44 Danjin44 , I think the news in the OP might make you happy since I know it's your current GOTY. :p
Cool new avatar btw

Glad to see the game selling well. It's their best work to date imho!

Cool new avatar btw
Thanks! I'm taking my time clearing every liberation quest, question mark, treasure map, and side quest available before moving to the next destination, so only yesterday I managed to complete Elheim.

Shortly after, I put a ring on Rosalinda's finger, so had to change my pfp here on Gaf, too. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

But yeah, totally agree that it's one of Vanillaware's best works so far! Love everything about the game, and I'm trying to savor it as much as possible before the adventure finally comes to an end.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Thanks! I'm taking my time clearing every liberation quest, question mark, treasure map, and side quest available before moving to the next destination, so only yesterday I managed to complete Elheim.

Shortly after, I put a ring on Rosalinda's finger, so had to change my pfp here on Gaf, too. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

But yeah, totally agree that it's one of Vanillaware's best works so far! Love everything about the game, and I'm trying to savor it as much as possible before the adventure finally comes to an end.
Rosalinda can be very strong, some her moves lets her summon faries but then she has big move that does damage based on how many faries she had summoned.

Last edited:
For a Switch/PS5 exclusive this is fantastic! I got it for Switch and just started it yesterday, it’s been fantastic so far.

I don’t see it surpassing 13 Sentinels or Odin’s Sphere for me (my 2 favourite Vanillaware games), but honestly if you have even a passing interest in Vanillaware games or SRPGs in general, you owe it to yourself to try this out!

Last edited:

Woopah

Fantastic result. I do think going more multiplatform can bring a lot of success for third party publishers.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Nice, me too on the Savoring and Maiden. Some games when I don't want them to end I seem to put on blinders and do side stuff or even lately, sideline the game for others to eek out a few more days or weeks lol. Sad maybe but thems the breaks. I intend to buy it on Switch as well.
Rosalinda can be very strong, some her moves lets her summon faries but then she has big move that does damage based on how many faries she had summoned.
Maybe I'm bad but that was the main reason I didn't go for Railenor or whatever her name was lol. Rosalinda is crazy good if spec'd well, same with the Queen Sis or whatever. Plus she's really cute. Rare too since I usually steer towards the more ... well rounded ladies haha. Even my GF was all WTF!? Now she's like Lum in Urusei Yatsura, following me around, questioning my motives lol.
urusei yatsura dance GIF by galamotshaku
GIF by Swaps4
GIF by Swaps4

Isa

For a Switch/PS5 exclusive this is fantastic! I got it for Switch and just started it yesterday, it’s been fantastic so far.

I don’t see it surpassing 13 Sentinels or Odin’s Sphere for me (my 2 favourite Vanillaware games), but honestly if you have even a passing interest in Vanillaware games or SRPGs in general, you owe it to yourself to try this out!
Xbox as well for those interested. Console Exclusive really. I agree on your faves.

Top Bottom