• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unicorn Overlord | Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

Well I can barely wait for this. Excited to get my collector's edition, but am probably going to play through the beginning again because I liked it so much, see what I can do differently, hopefully with more time to work on my units and items. I'll probably go for the Elven route first instead of the desert.

Gexxy1

I'll see what reviews say and wait. Rebirth will be keeping me busy for a while.

As much as I liked FE: 3 houses, I'm still not sold on the story or characters here, and the romance looks even more shallow. Art style is gorgeous though.

I'll see what reviews say and wait. Rebirth will be keeping me busy for a while.

As much as I liked FE: 3 houses, I'm still not sold on the story or characters here, and the romance looks even more shallow. Art style is gorgeous though.
There's romance between a cleric girl and an angel if it helps. 😅

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

NanaMiku

Honestly I’m more surprised this game is coming out in Xbox, this type of game has more audience on PC compare to Xbox.
I still believe it's an engine problem. Too hard to optimize on PC?

q9m0q8tadDGCl4P5ApkOmSNcYWuRvB4SijfYBuFZYQAUuYSfX72eZbgId_fCXiE-Zhcg0PHG4Wnu=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa
Dang, nice furry

Vanillaware noob here, checked out the demo.
Honestly, I read that as Vanillaware boob....

killatopak

Anyone got some strategy on which growth rates to use for mercenaries?

Also heard that you can change growth rates on unique characters by using an item bought from a black market in the game.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Hudo

Haha, I was thinking of tagging you in this post to make sure you'll notice it, but I guess I didn't have to. :p
Man, the last time I was this excited for a strategy game was Tactics Ogre Reborn. The demo really sold me on Unicorn Overlord. Could be my "Game of the Year"*.

*Which, as we all know, is the most important out of all the Game of the Year awards.

Last edited:
Is there no review thread? Shouldn't embargo be lifted already? Shit, it was even supposed to be yesterday.
I'll make a review thread as soon as I know when the embargo lifts. Till then it's rather pointless so we'll just use this one instead to discuss about the game.

Edit: Anyway, I'm keeping a very close eye on this one so when the first review drops the review thread will be up.

Edit2: I think the OT is also being worked on so hopefully by Friday we should have the OT up and ready and then we can move the discussion there. :D

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Do we even have a source for who said it was getting lifted yesterday? Feels like it was just guess work.

Do we even have a source for who said it was getting lifted yesterday? Feels like it was just guess work.
Don't think so, just saw it mentioned on this site, and now I see that they've updated the article with a new time and date 🙃

Regardless, they'll drop when they drop and usually that happens during EU work hours so I'll be on point with the review thread.

But ngl, the lack of transparency / uncertainty on this matter kinda frustrates me a bit. :p

Last edited:
I have a feeling that most major sites won’t review this game.
Probably right. Games like this tend to be (eventually) reviewed by the mainstream sites down the road, and possibly done by a freelance writer. Of course this is one of the reasons Youtube channels that review games are more respected these days.

Danjin44 Danjin44 Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives

...I was about to tag the entire JRPG GAF avengers, but I'll just tag you two to politely ask for an answer:

Does this game have an option to speed things up? Menus, actions, gameplay, etc.?

This game kind of reminds me of Advanced Wars, but it does not look as snappy and fast in the youtube videos I've seen. I'd like to know if there's a setting to make it snappy and faster.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Does this game have an option to speed things up? Menus, actions, gameplay, etc.?
Yes it does just like most SRPG.
This game kind of reminds me of Advanced Wars, but it does not look as snappy and fast in the youtube videos I've seen. I'd like to know if there's a setting to make it snappy and faster.
This game got most influence from Ogre battle.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Danjin44 Danjin44 Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives

...I was about to tag the entire JRPG GAF avengers, but I'll just tag you two to politely ask for an answer:

I don't know about speeding up the menu, but you can skip the battle animation.

I have a feeling that most major sites won’t review this game.
It's a tiny game relatively speaking. Anyways no reviews is probably a better thing in this day and age, Hogwarts Legacy didn't need reviews and neither does this

We don't need another Jason Schrier screed about big breasts either

Last edited:

Danjin44

It's a tiny game relatively speaking. Anyways no reviews is probably a better thing in this day and age, Hogwarts Legacy didn't need reviews and neither does this
Vanillaware already gave us lengthy demo, it enough to show what’s this game is all about….but even without the demo or review I was going buy this game day one.

Danjin44

Where do you get this info?
I think he is talking about in terms “mainstream“ popularity, the actual game is pretty damn huge.

but just like 13 Sentinels, this game will get more popular with word of mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom