• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Very Early 2000s Video Games

Laptop1991

I played
GTA 3D trilogy
Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Pacific Assault
Call of Duty
Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
Soldier of Fortune
Alien Vs Predator 2 and the big 2
Half Life 2 and FEAR 1
to name but a few.

Last edited:

Cattlyst

I recall getting a PS2 quite early on and there weren’t really that many games to choose from. I think the first game I got was Wild Wild Racing…and it was garbage. Project Eden was another one if memory serves. That was probably around 2000 or thereabouts. Do they count?

RavageX

I recall getting a PS2 quite early on and there weren’t really that many games to choose from. I think the first game I got was Wild Wild Racing…and it was garbage. Project Eden was another one if memory serves. That was probably around 2000 or thereabouts. Do they count?
I don't recall any issue with good PS2 games, but there was a lot of crap too.

I still go back and mess with PS2 games, companies werent afraid to try wacky stuff at all in that era. Started getting more rigid with PS3 and onwards I believe.

RavageX

I was looking at Riana Rouge on myAbandonware.

What a trippy ass game.
Now I'd never heard of this in my lifetime. Decided to check it out.

I bet some of you played this one handed back in the day. Tame by today's standards for sure but that was a different story back then.

Krathoon

Gold Member
What cracks me up about old adult PC games is that the resolution is so low.

Most of them are 640x480. I think Riana Rouge actually scales the screen.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
XHsX8XC.jpeg

This would probably be considered incredibly offensive today :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom