• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] 343 Industries has delayed providing an update on its Halo Infinite seasonal, co-op and Forge plans, saying it needs more time

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Your dreams and wishes about 343i turning the game into P2W seem to never end. I guess a store only containing cosmetics seemed too unappealing so you now make up stories that you tell yourself about how the game will be p2w.

How is selling forge packs P2W? I think your really confused how forge works... are you sure you have played prior Halo's?

Get your Grifball pack for only 2000 Halo points today! Enhance your forge experience with additional skins, map props and items for forge. After all... its just cosmetic right?

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
How is forge P2W? I think your really confused how forge works... are you sure you have played prior Halo's?
Yes I have, longer than you can imagine. When you guys were dreaming about the "Halo killer".
IMG_20220203_174917.jpg

With my old 360 that I packed up.
Seriously MCC in steam has made a new group of people roleplay as halo fans on the internet. When did I say Forge is P2W(its not even out yet)? I was referring to your comments about how Forge items would be sold in the store.

Ozriel

M$FT
I still don't get this mess. After MCC how do they find themselves in the same mess again? It boggles my mind. The one saving grace is 343 absolutely nailed the core gameplay loop with Infinite campaign and multi. A heck of a lot around that is either missing or incomplete or poor choices from above which royally screw the game over. I'll say it again, shake up the decision makers at 343.

This game is going to be pushing 7.5-9 years of development before it hits full potential in gamers hands. Fuck that. Long road to go for getting maps, modes, forge, coop, content drops, firefight, campaign expansions, fixes, netcode. It's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong way off still.

Lmao, what is this hysterical BS ?

343: “hey, we promised you we’d give you a comprehensive roadmap for our updates by the end of January. Unfortunately it’s going to take a bit more time to finalize the roadmap so it’ll come a bit later”

You: “OMG, this delayed roadmap makes the game catastrophically broken! No coop at launch means the game has tons of missing content! Why weren’t campaign expansions ready two months post-release?!”

STARSBarry

Gold Member
When did I say Forge is P2W(its not even out yet)?
I was referring to your comments about how Forge items would be sold in the store.

There probably still just deciding how there going to expand the Store Page to include the "forge packs" where you have to buy access to specific items for forge on a "really fun" rotating store front.

Your dreams and wishes about 343i turning the game into P2W seem to never end. I guess a store only containing cosmetics seemed too unappealing so you now make up stories that you tell yourself about how the game will be p2w.

16x9_large

Lmao, what is this hysterical BS ?

343: “hey, we promised you we’d give you a comprehensive roadmap for our updates by the end of January. Unfortunately it’s going to take a bit more time to finalize the roadmap so it’ll come a bit later”

You: “OMG, this delayed roadmap makes the game catastrophically broken! No coop at launch means the game has tons of missing content! Why weren’t campaign expansions ready two months post-release?!”

I especially enjoy the part where you didn't comprehend the pattern of delays, major launch issues and lack of content I outlined with 343 e.g. MCC broken for years, Halo 5's lack of content requiring sustain for years and now Infinite repeated delays and lack of content or stables of Bungie's Halo games launches.

Hysterical BS indeed /sarcasm. Way to oversimplify and make an asshat statement mate.

TL;DR - you're just the fooled audience they're after.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I especially enjoy the part where you didn't comprehend the pattern of delays, major launch issues and lack of content I outlined with 343 e.g. MCC broken for years, Halo 5's lack of content requiring sustain for years and now Infinite repeated delays and lack of content or stables of Bungie's Halo games launches.

Hysterical BS indeed /sarcasm. Way to oversimplify and make an asshat statement mate.

TL;DR - you're just the fooled audience they're after.

Halo 5 and the MCC weren’t delayed, so there’s no ‘pattern of delays’. There’s also no news In the OP’s tweet about any content delay for Halo Infinite.

There are valid, cogent reasons for delays in some content for Halo Infinite. Coop is taking more time due to the open world nature, and Forge looks to be way more ambitious than ever before.

Nobody’s being ‘fooled’ here. Except for the toxic kids who think shrieking hysterically about the realities of software development is the cool or sensible thing to do. And those who cannot read, since - again - the OP doesn’t mention any content delays.

You’ve conveniently also failed to address why you inexplicably are demanding for Campaign expansions to be out within two months of release. How does that demand seem sane or sensible to you?

Graciaus

Halo 5 and the MCC weren’t delayed, so there’s no ‘pattern of delays’. There’s also no news In the OP’s tweet about any content delay for Halo Infinite.

There are valid, cogent reasons for delays in some content for Halo Infinite. Coop is taking more time due to the open world nature, and Forge looks to be way more ambitious than ever before.

Nobody’s being ‘fooled’ here. Except for the toxic kids who think shrieking hysterically about the realities of software development is the cool or sensible thing to do. And those who cannot read, since - again - the OP doesn’t mention any content delays.

You’ve conveniently also failed to address why you inexplicably are demanding for Campaign expansions to be out within two months of release. How does that demand seem sane or sensible to you?
Halo 5 and especially MCC should have been delayed though.

Concern

A delay on "providing an update on its plans"

Not much else to write about? I know vgc is garbage but damn this is pathetic lol

Fanciful way you paint me out to be some out of control teenager that "shrieks" at devs. Also convenient how you choose to not compare 343 history of making Halo vs Bungie's Halo games. Let us take a look at some facts about Halo under 343 -
  • Halo 4 launched without BTB and without splitscreen (Spartan ops was its replacement), launched with 13 maps.
  • MCC was broken for nearly 5 years, the first 1-2 years tragically broken and unplayable. Launch was a complete joke. Large fireteams/party support and core XBL features only became stable in the 5th year. The dedicated servers promised didn't even make it at launch or be guaranteed. ODST's Firefight was missing from MCC, it was added some 5 years post launch as was Spartan Ops some months after launch. MCC launched with 93 maps and now has over 100.
  • Halo 5 launched without firefight and without splitscreen and NO LAN support (firefight was added 1.5 years post launch), launched with near 20 maps. Removed map voting or veto.
  • Halo Infinite launched without Forge and without coop. Infinite launched with 10 maps.
Shall we compare this to say Halo 3? It launched with the following with some being console industry firsts I might add - theatre, forge, LAN, coop, splitscreen, file share, custom games and 11 maps.

So when you want to talk about delays how about we have some real world comparison to what we're talking about rather than just the PR mouthpiece of 343 and Infinite with blinders on. My main gripe is this game is now well past 6 years of development and still missing core elements, just as previous Halo games under 343. The pattern of missing features and promises are delays of games like Halo 3 or Reach where we've had such features as launch inclusions. A little perspective of where I'm coming from.

As for campaign content let us compare say Destiny 1 or 2 or Fortnite or Apex Legends etc against Infinite's launch. Do you notice content and a roadmap to coincide with those games' launching? They had a plan and they executed it far better. 343 are still trying to get core features into Infinite, to me that's delays not just in terms of what is missing but we've lost the opportunity for launch window fresh content to attract new player, keep player retention and provide further progression or modes and experiences. In terms of campaign it equates to longer times between story progression, who wants to wait from Halo 5 to Infinite's story and have no idea about anything such as what Apex or Destiny 2 do with their lore/content releases?

If you don't consider these elements delayed I cannot agree with you.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Take your time, I say. Look at how well they turned things around following the humorous Craig-driven delay. I can wait and will definitely return when they finally get coop out the door.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Remember when we used to get complete Halo games on day 1? For me, the way they're releasing Halo Infinite is just awful, especially being the showpiece of the XBOX brand. multi first, then campaign, maybe in May co-op campaign, maybe at the end of the year Forge and so forth. It's ridiculous.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Remember when we used to get complete Halo games on day 1? For me, the way they're releasing Halo Infinite is just awful, especially being the showpiece of the XBOX brand. multi first, then campaign, maybe in May co-op campaign, maybe at the end of the year Forge and so forth. It's ridiculous.

Welcome to GAAS, the god awful solution to a problem that publishers created themselves.

Finally fallen out of the top 100 on steam, they need some course correction if they want to have any point of having cross-play. Having parts of the multiplayer effectively broken since a week after launch and a delay on announcing their future plans don't exactly inspire confidence.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Halo fans have every right to be pissed at 343 after the disastrous bug filled MCC launch and what is generally considered the worst campaign in the Halo franchise with Halo 5. Halo 5 also launched without BTB and all it ever got for BTB was a bunch of low budget forge made BTB maps.

As for Infinite, it was delayed for a year, co-op and forge were delayed and it's painfully obvious to fans with this announcement delay that 343 didn't even have a post launch roadmap ready before the game launched, even though Infinite is an open world GAAS game that is supposed to be supported multiple years after launch with content. Then there is the buggy BTB, horrible and buggy theater mode, annoying challenges that promote bad gameplay and the over priced MTX store at launch as well. It seems like Joe Staton is trying hard to get the Infinite team at 343 into shape and turn them into a competent developer, but they still aren't there yet.

With Sea of Thieves for example, Rare was talking post launch support before the game even launched and showed their first new content trailer six weeks after launch and The Hungering Deep launched two months after the game was released. Rare has had a steady content drop since then. Rare had their shyt together with their open world GAAS game and the majority of their community isn't as pissed off at them like Halo fans are with 343.

Fanciful way you paint me out to be some out of control teenager that "shrieks" at devs. Also convenient how you choose to not compare 343 history of making Halo vs Bungie's Halo games. Let us take a look at some facts about Halo under 343 -
  • Halo 4 launched without BTB and without splitscreen (Spartan ops was its replacement), launched with 13 maps.
You're confusing Halo 4 with Halo 5. Halo 4 launched with BTB and launched with 4 BTB maps; Ragnorok, Abandon, Exile and Longbow (All WAY better BTB maps than Infinite BTB maps). Halo 4 also had Meltdown and Complex, medium sized maps used for both 4v4 and 8v8.

Halo 4 still stands as 343's most competent, complete and well managed game to date. It launched on time and was polished. It did launch without something, but I can't even remember what it was, because it was soon added after launch. It was something like theater mode or forge file share. Halo 4 launched with 4v4, BTB, Season 1 of Spartan Ops, co-op (in both Campaign and Spartan Ops), forge, 13 multiplayer maps, 9 multiplayer modes (with 29 variants), a detailed and rewarding ranking and progression system and 37 armor sets to unlock. It also launched with a fully featured Halo Waypoint, that even had that cool alternate reality Kinect feature were your onscreen Spartan (matching your in-game Spartan armor and color set) would navigate a virtual menu screen by following your real life movements via Kinect. The metaverse before the term was even coined!

• MCC was broken for nearly 5 years, the first 1-2 years tragically broken and unplayable. Launch was a complete joke. Large fireteams/party support and core XBL features only became stable in the 5th year. The dedicated servers promised didn't even make it at launch or be guaranteed. ODST's Firefight was missing from MCC, it was added some 5 years post launch as was Spartan Ops some months after launch. MCC launched with 93 maps and now has over 100.
  • Halo 5 launched without firefight and without splitscreen and NO LAN support (firefight was added 1.5 years post launch), launched with near 20 maps. Removed map voting or veto.
  • Halo Infinite launched without Forge and without coop. Infinite launched with 10 maps.
Shall we compare this to say Halo 3? It launched with the following with some being console industry firsts I might add - theatre, forge, LAN, coop, splitscreen, file share, custom games and 11 maps.

So when you want to talk about delays how about we have some real world comparison to what we're talking about rather than just the PR mouthpiece of 343 and Infinite with blinders on. My main gripe is this game is now well past 6 years of development and still missing core elements, just as previous Halo games under 343. The pattern of missing features and promises are delays of games like Halo 3 or Reach where we've had such features as launch inclusions. A little perspective of where I'm coming from.

As for campaign content let us compare say Destiny 1 or 2 or Fortnite or Apex Legends etc against Infinite's launch. Do you notice content and a roadmap to coincide with those games' launching? They had a plan and they executed it far better. 343 are still trying to get core features into Infinite, to me that's delays not just in terms of what is missing but we've lost the opportunity for launch window fresh content to attract new player, keep player retention and provide further progression or modes and experiences. In terms of campaign it equates to longer times between story progression, who wants to wait from Halo 5 to Infinite's story and have no idea about anything such as what Apex or Destiny 2 do with their lore/content releases?

If you don't consider these elements delayed I cannot agree with you.
343 is one of the worst developers in the AAA space. Incompetent, woke, and they don't give a fuck about their customer base. For people who don't believe me I always point out how they've treated xb1x owners of the MCC. That game used to run well on xb1x but when the Halo Reach update came out it added this terrible stuttering into both campaigns, Halo:CE and Halo 2: Anniv. That was a year and a half ago! Despite people asking them to fix it they have no even acknowledged it and those campaigns are completely unplayable on that console. They just ignore something major like that despite the fact that it used to run smoothly. It's disgusting man! Halo 1 and 2! We have to play them with the legacy graphics if we want to play them.

As far as Infinite: it boggles my mind how Incompetent they've been with many aspects of the game. It doesn't surprise me though after seeing how they handled the MCC. Also, they've had sooo many years to understand what makes a good Halo and they still proved that they don't get it. While Infinite does a few things well and nails the gameplay, when you look at how long it was in development, how did they fail to give us more than 3 basic environments throughout the entire game? There's the open world area and 2 different indoor types of settings and that's it! No variety whatsoever compared to Halo 1/2/3/reach's numerous bones and environments.

They also failed with enemy encounter designs. 90 % of combat encounters in Infine are: walk into an area and engage with enemies who are waiting for you. Bungies halos had enemies fighting each other, had enemies flying in, breaking open doors, had enemies that were in stealth, up in the trees, etc. Variety! Halo games were like these unpredictable adventures where you were constantly seeing something new.

These games getting released half baked is getting old….
This is getting old too. You act like it never happened in the old days.
Sonic 3 was released with half its content cut, Clockwork Knight had half its levels cut Shenmue had half the game cut and let's remember Halo 2 had massive cuts to its content half the game scrapped and one of the worst endings ever and yet that's held up as a classic

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
343 is one of the worst developers in the AAA space. Incompetent, woke, and they don't give a fuck about their customer base. For people who don't believe me I always point out how they've treated xb1x owners of the MCC. That game used to run well on xb1x but when the Halo Reach update came out it added this terrible stuttering into both campaigns, Halo:CE and Halo 2: Anniv. That was a year and a half ago! Despite people asking them to fix it they have no even acknowledged it and those campaigns are completely unplayable on that console. They just ignore something major like that despite the fact that it used to run smoothly. It's disgusting man! Halo 1 and 2! We have to play them with the legacy graphics if we want to play them.

As far as Infinite: it boggles my mind how Incompetent they've been with many aspects of the game. It doesn't surprise me though after seeing how they handled the MCC. Also, they've had sooo many years to understand what makes a good Halo and they still proved that they don't get it. While Infinite does a few things well and nails the gameplay, when you look at how long it was in development, how did they fail to give us more than 3 basic environments throughout the entire game? There's the open world area and 2 different indoor types of settings and that's it! No variety whatsoever compared to Halo 1/2/3/reach's numerous bones and environments.

They also failed with enemy encounter designs. 90 % of combat encounters in Infine are: walk into an area and engage with enemies who are waiting for you. Bungies halos had enemies fighting each other, had enemies flying in, breaking open doors, had enemies that were in stealth, up in the trees, etc. Variety! Halo games were like these unpredictable adventures where you were constantly seeing something new.

Yet reviews from both professional reviewers and gamers, and sales, tend to disagree. Most people are having fun with them.while your just fixated on hating every little thing wrong.

Leyasu

Banned
This is getting old too. You act like it never happened in the old days.
Sonic 3 was released with half its content cut, Clockwork Knight had half its levels cut Shenmue had half the game cut and let's remember Halo 2 had massive cuts to its content half the game scrapped and one of the worst endings ever and yet that's held up as a classic
Who cares if it happened back in the day.

Look, I have played nothing else since the game released, the mp is amazing, but 343 are a fucking joke.

There’s a major problem somewhere and the common theme seems to revolve around their engine. All the talk about a new engine and it’s just a revamped decades old dinosaur that is horrendously outdated and takes a geological age to get things done. This is their fault.

Who cares if it happened back in the day.

Look, I have played nothing else since the game released, the mp is amazing, but 343 are a fucking joke.

There’s a major problem somewhere and the common theme seems to revolve around their engine. All the talk about a new engine and it’s just a revamped decades old dinosaur that is horrendously outdated and takes a geological age to get things done. This is their fault.
Some of us do, when you seem people peddle the crap that is a modern thing with gaming. You talk of the engine, HALO2 engine had to be redone when so much of what BUNGiE wanted to put in it had to be cut because it couldn't run on the XBox
But hey you keep on hating, because the internet tells you so ...

Leyasu

Banned
Some of us do, when you seem people peddle the crap that is a modern thing with gaming. You talk of the engine, HALO2 engine had to be redone when so much of what BUNGiE wanted to put in it had to be cut because it couldn't run on the XBox
But hey you keep on hating, because the internet tells you so ...
Hating? Did you not read the part where I said that I have only been playing this since launch?

Everyone has the right to be critical of game that was delivered after a 6yr wait. No coop and limited mp maps. Not to mention all of the little niggles.

The halo 2 engine is part of their trumpeted slipspace engine. They should have known that even revamping their engine would not resolve all of their problems. This is on them.

But you know, I am just hating because the internet told me too smh

Leyasu

Banned
343 suck ass. The game is good. Both things can be true at the same time 🤷‍♂️
Lol it’s true though. Although I think that now Staten is back, they will improve. It’s a great game already.

I hope that the talk of the engine being the problem is wrong, because if it ain’t, it’s going to be a long fucking time for everything.

On a positive note, their back end update to guarantee the lowest ping matches has been great. I love them 16/17ms pings.

S0ULZB0URNE

Yet reviews from both professional reviewers and gamers, and sales, tend to disagree. Most people are having fun with them.while your just fixated on hating every little thing wrong.
It's on life support.

ozoXA8g.png

MS needs to step in quick as 343 is a joke.

Hating? Did you not read the part where I said that I have only been playing this since launch?

Everyone has the right to be critical of game that was delivered after a 6yr wait. No coop and limited mp maps. Not to mention all of the little niggles.

The halo 2 engine is part of their trumpeted slipspace engine. They should have known that even revamping their engine would not resolve all of their problems. This is on them.

But you know, I am just hating because the internet told me too smh
No, I just read juvenile swearing, calling a corp crap and making out the game is not better than what shipped in 2001.
Lots of games can spend time in development hell and be released with content not finished just look at Gran Turismo 5 or Shenmue or even Halo 2.

Leyasu

Banned
No, I just read juvenile swearing, calling a corp crap and making out the game is not better than what shipped in 2001.
Lots of games can spend time in development hell and be released with content not finished just look at Gran Turismo 5 or Shenmue or even Halo 2.
Ooh, juvenile swearing. I will act my age more. Although I do swear in real life

You are correct about games being in dev hell and releasing not complete, and people call them out for it. Just like people are doing now with infinite.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
On Xbox, it's more popular than games like Destiny, Forza and even Minecraft. Claiming it's on life support is basic trolling.

Only in America, everywhere else as above its like this. Good thing America likes shooting more than anyone else.

It's still in the top 15, so yeah hardly dead compared to the steam numbers.

Last edited:
Ooh, juvenile swearing. I will act my age more. Although I do swear in real life

You are correct about games being in dev hell and releasing not complete, and people call them out for it. Just like people are doing now with infinite.
Really? I doubt you called Polyhony Digital f-ing crap because they couldn't get GT5 out on time or without issues and that was for a driving game.

S0ULZB0URNE

What about xbox most played? People playing it from the Microsoft store?

You can't say it is on life support without putting up all of the data. Steam is not the world.
It's out of the top 10 for the UK and I believe 6th for NA.
Not sure how to find other countries?

Leyasu

Banned
Really? I doubt you called Polyhony Digital f-ing crap because they couldn't get GT5 out on time or without issues and that was for a driving game.

I don’t have a PlayStation so I don’t care either way about GT. But now that you mention polophony, yeah, they are Sonys 343 equivalent. Take ages for games barely finished.

It's out of the top 10 for the UK and I believe 6th for NA.
Not sure how to find other countries?
I don’t know either. But it is not correct to make sweeping statements without all the facts and figures. Steam is not the world my man

S0ULZB0URNE

I don’t have a PlayStation so I don’t care either way about GT. But now that you mention polophony, yeah, they are Sonys 343 equivalent. Take ages for games barely finished.

I don’t know either. But it is not correct to make sweeping statements without all the facts and figures. Steam is not the world my man
It's by far Xbox's biggest franchise.
It's not in the top 5 anywhere if I'm not mistaken?

Houston we have a problem.

S0ULZB0URNE

You're really desperate for this to be true but like all games of this nature they get huge bumps when new content is released, people said the same things about Sea Of Thieves and ended up with egg on their face.
Desperate for this to be true?
Are you not listening to what people been saying and not looking at the numbers?

Game plays great but has a coop free single player and a great playing multiplayer that is dry as a desert when it comes to content.

Now 343 has no time frame on when the new season etc will come.... not a good look, especially if we consider all the big fish that are releasing this year.

Riky

$MSFT
Desperate for this to be true?
Are you not listening to what people been saying and not looking at the numbers?

Game plays great but has a coop free single player and a great playing multiplayer that is dry as a desert when it comes to content.

Now 343 has no time frame on when the new season etc will come.... not a good look, especially if we consider all the big fish that are releasing this year.

It's free to play and has years ahead of it, as soon as new content arrives we'll see a huge bump.

oldergamer

what a bunch of bullshit. No they are not one of the worst developers or even close to it. It's entitled nerds like yourself that give gamers a bad name posting crap like this.

Ozriel

M$FT

This just seems like you bottling up personal beef, labeling a few pet peeves as ‘incompetence’ and then letting loose.

From the critical reaction and general consensus, it’s clear your view isn’t shared by most people. And since your problem is that their games don’t faithfully adhere to the Bungie formula, then maybe you really shouldn’t have bothered with infinite and should just sit out the IP for good. Because Bungie certainly is never returning to Halo again.

Critics penalized the game in reviews for having not that much visual and environmental diversity. And there’s more than enough info out there on how the rocky development forced them to streamline the initial vision for the game. You boiling that down to ‘incompetence’ is some weird logic. But I guess you’ll find a lot of kindred spirit on r/Halo

Ozriel

M$FT
It's by far Xbox's biggest franchise.
It's not in the top 5 anywhere if I'm not mistaken?

Houston we have a problem.

Lol. That’s not how this works.
List the games ahead of Halo. Imagine trying to push a narrative that it’s the failing of 343 that more people are playing Battle Royale games like Fortnite, Apex and Warzone.

I bet anything that if 343 had announced in 2020 that they’d be making Halo MP mainly battle Royale focused, you folks would have lost your minds with rage.

Top Bottom