• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t come to Xbox before 2024, Larian suggests

lucbr

Truth is they don't need Xbox. PC success already and will sale well on PS5
So they would just ignored 22+ plus potential costumers? It's the same to say that they don't care about half of PlayStation userbase.

The truth is that no publisher will or can ignore those numbers unless there is a technical reason or an exclusive contract.

BlueLyria

What is this narrative that they're avoiding starfield release lmao.
Starfield will be on gamepass, so it will most likely sell less than what it could bc of it, and there's no reason to not launch it together, if one game is already included in your subscription (which btw, most xbox users have like years of it stacked) it's kinda obvious you can purchase the other game that's not in your sub and likely not being added to it for years.

Gorgon

I'm sorry but playing a cRPG like this on a console is like eating the most delicious soup in the world using a fork instead of a spoon.

If that is your bag have at it, each to their own 🤣 I'll probably double dip on PS5 at some point anyway

So basically you're gonna eat the soup with a fork anyway. Great argument.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I opened Twitter and my god. This game has so many people just absolutely ass blasted right now. What the actual fuck

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
What is this narrative that they're avoiding starfield release lmao.
Starfield will be on gamepass, so it will most likely sell less than what it could bc of it, and there's no reason to not launch it together, if one game is already included in your subscription (which btw, most xbox users have like years of it stacked) it's kinda obvious you can purchase the other game that's not in your sub and likely not being added to it for years.

I'm not 100% onboard with the idea that Series S' problems with BG3 are connected to Starfield's release date.

I would say that once it became apparent that the Series S version would cause a delay that making a WRPG available to PlayStation owners who are missing out on Starfield sounds like smart marketing. That bit I agree with.

But to reply to the crux of your post, you'd be absolutely crazy to release two RPGs on the same day and not expect sales to be impacted. Whether Gamepass is involved or not, there's only so many hours in the day and neither game will be short lived.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It would be great if they could get this running by q4. Let's see how good microsofts ninjas are.

But tbh, this game is built for PC. Fair play if you only have a console, but if you have a choice it should be get it on PC...all day.

BlueLyria

I'm not 100% onboard with the idea that Series S' problems with BG3 are connected to Starfield's release date.

I would say that once it became apparent that the Series S version would cause a delay that making a WRPG available to PlayStation owners who are missing out on Starfield sounds like smart marketing. That bit I agree with.

But to reply to the crux of your post, you'd be absolutely crazy to release two RPGs on the same day and not expect sales to be impacted. Whether Gamepass is involved or not, there's only so many hours in the day and neither game will be short lived.
No doubt about that, but I feel like Starfield and BG3 even though they are WRPGs, they're aiming at different kind of players with a Sci-Fi FPS-RPG vs Fantasy Tabletop RPG.

No doubt about that, but I feel like Starfield and BG3 even though they are WRPGs, they're aiming at different kind of players with a Sci-Fi FPS-RPG vs Fantasy Tabletop RPG.
There is a huge overlap between those 2 group though. I mean, there is a reason why in every bookstore, Sci-Fi and Fantasy is in one combined section.

Top Bottom