• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larian "Baldur's Gate 3 Xbox Series X Between Sep - Nov '23. Already in 'Good Shape' "

Zuzu

PS5 version would be a better option anyway.

- More likely to be better optimized, not being tethered to Series S directly.
- Portal portability experience if you are buying that
- A PS5 Pro patch very likely by next year
- Better PS6 compatibility (higher res and better frame rates) because of the aforementioned PS5 Pro patch.

Yeah, the possibility of a PS5 Pro patch has been on my mind as well. I’ll most likely go with the PS5 version.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Deflep-toolate-us.jpg

Bridges

Does this game have crossplay? All my friends are on Steam but I'll wait for the Xbox version if I can still party up with them

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I thought the XSX version was done...and the issue was the SX version? Now that they are removing the split screen on the SX version then why the holdup? Unless they made a deal with Sony.

Portugeezer

I thought the XSX version was done...and the issue was the SX version? Now that they are removing the split screen on the SX version then why the holdup? Unless they made a deal with Sony.
They probably halted Xbox development towards the end, due to the Series S parity slowing them down, then focused on the PS5 release.

SenkiDala

"The graphs start at the beginning of September, with the game using just over 5.2GB for general game RAM and around 3.5GB for VRAM. By November, though, Larian had shaved this down to 4.7GB and 2.3GB respectively. The RAM reduction is a pretty decent 10% drop but the reduction in VRAM usage is a massive 34%."

I know it's common here to make 10 threads per hour to shit on the Xbox but now, because of the optimization needed for the XSS, Larian found a way to reduce the needs of VRAM by 34% and that reduction will profit to ALL platforms. That is optimization. So as I said since the beginning, BG3 wasn't running on XSS not because that machine isn't powerful enough but because nowadays devs (as talented as they might be) don't spend enough time on optimization.

Weird there wasn't a thread for this right ? I wonder why (no).

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

"The graphs start at the beginning of September, with the game using just over 5.2GB for general game RAM and around 3.5GB for VRAM. By November, though, Larian had shaved this down to 4.7GB and 2.3GB respectively. The RAM reduction is a pretty decent 10% drop but the reduction in VRAM usage is a massive 34%."

I know it's common here to make 10 threads per hour to shit on the Xbox but now, because of the optimization needed for the XSS, Larian found a way to reduce the needs of VRAM by 34% and that reduction will profit to ALL platforms. That is optimization. So as I said since the beginning, BG3 wasn't running on XSS not because that machine isn't powerful enough but because nowadays devs (as talented as they might be) don't spend enough time on optimization.

Yup, optimisation is key and something that clearly went out the window years ago for a lot of devs.

ReBurn

Gold Member

There's a thread for this. No conspiracy.

Last edited:

Three

try harder next time

SenkiDala

There's a thread for this. No conspiracy.

Fair enough ! I searched but haven't found it.

try harder next time

No needs to talk like this I couldn't find the thread. I typed "Baldur's gate 3 xbox" and just found the thread I wrote in.

Doesn't change that in here there are way too many threads to shit on Xbox. :) I'm shitting on them quite often too.

Three

Fair enough ! I searched but haven't found it.

No needs to talk like this I couldn't find the thread. I typed "Baldur's gate 3 xbox" and just found the thread I wrote in.

Doesn't change that in here there are way too many threads to shit on Xbox. :) I'm shitting on them quite often too.
A tip, before questioning the impartiality of neogaf because you think an article hasn't been mentioned it's best to search the actual article URL you're about to post. You will get direct mentions of it in any post, including any threads based on it. 'Baulders gate 3 xbox' is far too vague.

demigod

adamsapple adamsapple wrong again, he seriously can’t keep getting away with this!!!

In all seriousness, i doubt the game is releasing this year. Already 1/3 thru November and you have huge holidays coming up.

Fabieter

I mean sure they also can make alot of gen 9 games playable on a gen 8 console but it needs to stay in a reasonable budget and games need to take weaker console into account from the very beginning.

Top Bottom