• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of Hayden Christensen replacing Sebastian Shaw in Return of the Jedi DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ill Saint

Basically, if you're an arrogant dick who feels his/her contributions to "art" in any form give them the ability to null other people's opinions and then is respectively debated on the matter, in an intelligent manner no less (a rarity on this damn forum), only to go running away, you get served.

Actually nix all that. I may have come across as arrogant or forceful, but unless all I have been taught and learned is bullshit, I stand by my point 100%. If my being in the industry makes me seem that way, then so be it, but I speak from real world experience. As I've clearly stated previously, I'm MORE than happy to be proven wrong, and concede so, by someone more knowledgable who can do so with some legal weight, rather than with the personal and nostalgic bitterness of a fan. When that happens feel free to hit the caps lock button and type witty comments until you turn blue.

As for you getting personal with me... well, who's arrogant, eh? Don't mix issues and presume to know about me and what I do.

Um, I'd have to say I totally agree with Ill Saint.

Lucas created it. Tough fucking luck if you don't like it, but he can change it and destroy the original if he chooses to.

Its hard enough to pretend the prequels don't exist when I watch the unaltered trilogy. This would make it impossible. George Lucas is no good.

Edit: Anakin is a member of the Hellfire Club.

maharg

idspispopd
I guess people had better just hope someone's holding on to a pristine copy of the original movie so it can be rereleased after Lucas is long dead.

That'll be in... 2072. :)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
When the hell are effects people going to figure out that fireworks leave smoke, and that the fireworks light up the smoke from previous firework explosions, and that the wind makes the smoke drift and fade? Did they even use any reference? Are they really that unobservant? I'd like to know.

El Papa

Do people forget how improtany Gary Kurtz was to the first two films? To saw that Star Wars is Lucas' only is not really correct, Kurtz had big hand in creating the original franchise that many people love. I'm not even a big Star Wars fan, I liked the origianl trilogy because they were cool movies, the latest two movies are retarded. Here's hoping the 3rd is decent. Read the interview at IGN that someone had posted with Kurtz, it's very eye opening.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Read the interview at IGN that someone had posted with Kurtz, it's very eye opening.

90% of what Kurtz says about Lucas is lies. They had an epic falling out and he's spent the last 21 years trying to bad-mouth Lucasfilm and promote himself. He wanted more control over the Lucasfilm empire than George LUCAS wanted to give up.

Seeing him interveiwed on the documentary on the DVD set is pretty shocking.

El Papa

I don't really care about the supposed fued between Kurtz and Lucas, like I said, I'm not a big fan of Star Wars anyway, but is it any coincidence that ESB is most peoples favorite and ROTJ is kinda weak in parts? I still like it, but ESB is darker and more dramatic. And we all know what Lucas has pupated with these prequals. Anyway, how do we know who's lying? Just look at the movies without Kurtz influence. I can't believe I'm arguing about Star Wars...

ManaByte

Gold Member
El Papa said:
I don't really care about the supposed fued between Kurtz and Lucas, like I said, I'm not a big fan of Star Wars anyway, but is it any coincidence that ESB is most peoples favorite and ROTJ is kinda weak in parts? I still like it, but ESB is darker and more dramatic. And we all know what Lucas has pupated with these prequals. Anyway, how do we know who's lying? Just look at the movies without Kurtz influence. I can't believe I'm arguing about Star Wars...

It wasn't Lucas' or Kurtz' fault that ROTJ sucked. Richard Marquand did not want the job, the actors hated him, and he barely did any work. ROTJ was really directed by Irvin Kershner's ASSITANT DIRECTOR from Empire while Marquand sat in the corner of the set and pouted.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In the end, it basically comes down to the fact that one day I'll want to show my kids three of the movies I loved when I was a kid. And I won't be able to.

MetatronM said:
In the end, it basically comes down to the fact that one day I'll want to show my kids three of the movies I loved when I was a kid. And I won't be able to.

Bullshit. The original VHS copies of the nonspecial edition aren't that hard to find. Even with the lifespan of VHS you would still be capable of showing them to your children. Lastly, if you were that concerned you could convert the VHS to digital media files and then DVDs.,but not even those wil last forever. Yeah, I know they're not high quality, but you only wanted to show them to your children and I felt like calling you out on that.

Vormund

Anakin still looks like a mean son of a bitch for some reason, doesn't look appropriate.

And he's not even looking in the same direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom