• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Videogame industry & culture researcher" does not know what Xbox One X is.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

yFctxGA.png

He seems to be very bad at his job.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Playing stupid to win points. Also saying you're a professional in the industry.

Yes, its a shit tweet probably deliberately phrased that way as well. But if anyone can actually decipher it, it's us - the people who actively follow this stuff.

bender

What time is it?
Microsoft's naming is terrible but a lot of the non-enthusiast confusion should go away once One SKUs are off the market.

If he is serious, then this is just an another evidence that points how stupid work life is. Being good or smart means nothing without connections/being politically correct.

And being bearded cunt with pronouns without basic googling skills is enough, if he knows the right group of circle jerkers.

Yes, names are bad but I still would defend xbox as HC Sony fanboy rather than this dude

Barakov

The Xbox One/S/X/SeriesS/Series X is confusing to say the least. HOWEVER, this guy comes off as a little bitch. And you throw in the fact that he's a pronoun, claims to be a professional and then does the whole 'this thing isn't popular so I'm going to pretend to not know what it is, lol' routine and then does the whole 'Well, it looks like some GAMERS found this tweet so I'm going to mute it' routine. He's a little bitch that can't handle criticism.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Xbox One, Xbox S, Xbox X, Xbox series S, Xbox series X

ak4t3.gif
So they discontinued the Xbox one and the xbox one x is favour of the xbox Series S and Xbox Series X while the Xbox one S is still in production. However If you buy the Xbox Series S you will only play with with the fideility of the Xbox one S whilst on the other hand if you buy the Xbox Series X you can play with the highest fidelity. Also the Xbox Series S and Xbox one X can play all games from xbox, xbox 360, xbox one etc.....

God this is all Microsofts fault......jesus what a cluster fuck of naming and having more than one product out.....

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yes just remember these morons are our Cultural Gatekeepers.

literally nothing separates them from the rest of us aside from they get paid.

even then they complain about how hard their jobs are. i don't care if this is a "joke" or "ironic". it's still pathetic.

jfc journalists are the most pathetic creatures in existence.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I reckon there are some very knowledgeable folks on GAF but this is just basics isn’t it? The names of consoles.... yes MS made it confusing but it’s not that bad. Who’s employed this moron?

tryDEATH

What an absolute tool and he finishes off with a condescending console warrior comment.

How limited do you have to be to get a job in the gaming industry at this point, it seems to be just above the required minimum of the US Army.

Pejo

Gold Member
Honest mistake to make for someone who's job isn't a video game industry researcher. The wording is confusing as fuck, and I think the naming convention of next gen Xbox consoles is terrible, worse than the Wii U stuff.

But then he doubles down into "whatever virgins and xbots lololol!", I lost any amount of respect for him. Also, he's a pronouner. Wonder if he's good friends with that journalist that couldn't beat the tutorial of Cuphead.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
It should all settle down once the Xbox one X is a distant memory and the Series X and S are all that's left.......

diffusionx

Gold Member
Honest mistake to make for someone who's job isn't a video game industry researcher. The wording is confusing as fuck, and I think the naming convention of next gen Xbox consoles is terrible, worse than the Wii U stuff.

It’s no more confusing than the 600 phones that Samsung, Google, Apple, etc release each year.

reptilex

Banned
I couldn't guess whether he/him was sarcastic and then saw the pronouns...

How people don't get infuriated by the fact that companies hire him is the real mystery to me, we should go after them, enough of that mediocre consanguinous imposture

Top Bottom