• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

videogamedunkey posts a video on "The Fall of Xbox"

Birdo

Banned
Do you think Halo and Killzone are comparable in sales? That is how you are comparing GT and Forza.

Erm, I wasn't comparing GT with Forza. I was saying that they are both massive franchises for each platform.

I have to ask..... Have you been drinking?

Last edited:
Wonder what happened to get this and Jim's video in the same week. You could have made this video 5 years ago and it'd still be mostly the same.
My guess is that the reality had not sunk in yet.
I think this guy sums up the joe blow gamers perspective (he is funny as hell, but arguably not technical at all).

Forbidden language warning!

ethomaz

Banned
Erm, I wasn't comparing GT with Forza. I was saying that they are both massive franchises for each platrom.

I have to ask..... Have you been drinking?
Is Killzone a massive franchise?

Forza is nowhere massive in sales even looking only at Xbox franchises... that is even more true when you look at Forza Motorsport. Forza Horizon got a big boost in sales in the last two entries thought but I wouldn't call it massive.

But if you think it is massive then we will need to put a lot of Sony franchises (that I consider niche) in the comparison like Bloodborne, Killzone, inFAMOUS, Heavy Rain, Detroit, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, Spyro, etc etc etc.

Well you know the truth? Forza franchise got the spotlight in Xbox One just because Halo and Gears where not selling like them used to anymore... if Halo and Gears were selling like usual do then you may not even remember Forza.

Last edited:

demigod

I already said that I got the 9 million thing wrong (Thanks to GT Chartz LOL).

But my original statement that GT and Forza are some of the biggest selling franchises, and are ignored in comparisons is still correct.

I don't get it. What's your problem?
What the fuck are you talking about? Who the fuck is talking about Killzone?

Is anyone else seeing this crazy fuck? Or is he part of my imagination?

You asked a question and now he's responding to you. It seems like you don't like the answer.

Birdo

Banned
You asked a question and now he's responding to you. It seems like you don't like the answer.

I said that GT and Forza were massive franchises that people ignore.

What the fuck are we even arguing about? Jesus christ. Have a Snickers.

EDIT: I have been reliably informed that I'm being trolled. NVM.

Last edited:

demigod

You're telling me to have a snickers yet you're the one that's raging, lol.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

God, I want a fucking snickers rn.

thelastword

Banned
There's nothing funnier than truthful hilarity...….....Though I disagree with one thing, Gears 1 was more popular because of it's MP, but Uncharted 1 SP is still my favourite Uncharted of all times...…...That story and the characters were awesome....Played it so many times.....

Also, who is this XBOX Gaffer towards the end? Hilarious stuff....

highrider

Banned
I love Halo. I think it is the best multiplayer ever. Team slayer and BTB are endlessly fun. The campaign content under Bungie was awesome, to me it’s a great, fully realized world. It seemed during the 360 era it was poised to be a juggernaut.

But Bungie left, 343 is Reeeee. I love H5 multiplayer but the campaign is trash. Particularly because Blue Team is a taste of what a cool campaign could have been. H4 was a masterpiece by comparison. Don Mattrick was some corporate Kinect drone and completely misread the market for his product and Xbox One was a disappointment. I think they’ve done pretty well with damage control in some ways, but they need more exclusives, and the flagship games like Halo and Gears have to be on point. I haven’t played the new Gears, but 4 I though was ok, but completely unremarkable. They have to be better. Halo Infinite should make me want to run out and buy the new Xbox, but we don’t even have a bit of gameplay after 4 years. What are they doing?

I’ll always want Xbox to be good. I loved my OG Xbox, the 360 had great games despite some problems with hardware. The One was just a decent console, whereas Sony hit a home run with the PS4. Microsoft can’t be kind of half in. I play on Switch now almost exclusively. Sony and Nintendo are putting out compelling products, and they have to do that and do it yesterday if they want to compete.

Game pass is probably the coolest thing they’ve done this generation.

Last edited:
I'm an Xbox boy and I feel very similar to his conclusion. I love Forza and Halo. Loving my Xbox X. Loving gamepass.

Other then that... Yeah it's a 3rd party machine. I'm also jaded and have a feeling Halo Infinite will not be the game it needs to be.

ethomaz

Banned
What the fuck are you talking about? Who the fuck is talking about Killzone?

Is anyone else seeing this crazy fuck? Or is he part of my imagination?
Can't you read your own posts? :pie_thinking:

I told you what you say is not right plus give you a lot of examples and you continue in denial.

Forza is to GT what Killzone is to Halo.

If you say Forza is massive then Killzone is too even within my opinion both have niche sales.

Same goes to all games I listed to you... well I believe Forza Horizon 4 sales are not that different from Bloodborne...

Is Bloodborne massive?

As reliably as your 9m?

Nope... I'm not trolling just showing actual data over your guesses.

Last edited:
Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that Microsoft/Xbox really fucked up a lot this generation, but then thanks to that they have learned some genuine good lessons to truly make gaming for me as a consumer/gamer far better in the long term. Their initiatives and lessons learned with studio acquisitions, game pass, and backward compatibility for the future and their eco system as a whole will nothing be better for quality with next gen and moving forward as a whole.

I would never want them to leave this gaming space and the billions in next profit/wanting to ensure they don't allow Google to enter in via top share holders and top brass as a whole cements this one singular fact every corner around in this sphere.

2020 and onwards is truly going to be a great time when it comes to software.

Vawn

Banned
2020 and onwards is truly going to be a great time when it comes to software.

<Next year> and onwards is truly going to be a great time when it comes to Xbox software.

I've been hearing this every year since 2/3rds of the way through 360's lifespan when its exclusives dried up.

Reactions: GHG

mekes

I’d agree with that. Microsoft doesn’t offer any first party stuff that I like. For me, I made that decision when Microsoft canned the PGR series and Bizarre Creations went 3rd party. A long time ago now.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
<Next year> and onwards is truly going to be a great time when it comes to Xbox software.

I've been hearing this every year since 2/3rds of the way through 360's lifespan when its exclusives dried up.

i still hold my point to be honest, considering all the factors and what you can see officially alone.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Sorry. If I knew I was dealing with such a badass gamer, I would have researched better (The 9 million number came from the 360 Forzas BTW. That was my mistake).

My original statement is still true though. Even though you won't admit it lol.

I'm not "bad ass" I'm "edge lord" 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

laynelane

Yep, I agree with him. It's been a comedy of errors with XBox for a long time now. I am interested in how they're going to manage their new studio acquisitions. Hopefully, they'll give the funding and freedom to make great games.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
But if you think it is massive then we will need to put a lot of Sony franchises (that I consider niche) in the comparison like Bloodborne, Killzone, inFAMOUS, Heavy Rain, Detroit, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, Spyro, etc etc etc.

Since when was Spyro a Sony exclusive?

GHG

Kinda weird seeing Microsoft and the Xbox brand getting destroyed in multiple YouTube videos in the same week.

I mean, it’s obvious that the Xbox brand is quite weak, but what changed recently to warrant several attack videos? Maybe it’s coincidence?

Approaching the end of the generation so it's a case of reflecting and saying "what have you brought to the table this generation?" and games wise there's not a lot show for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Gears 5 the last major AAA exclusive for the Xbox One? Or do they have anything else scheduled before the release of their next gen console? It somewhat feels like the curtain has come down for them as far as this gen is concerned.

Bryank75

Banned
The question is more does microsoft still care about xbox to start with? all they care about is subscriptions and they clearly are moving to the PC crowd for that.
Yup, I have a feeling that they might just throw Windows on Scarlet and sell it as a cheap gaming pc.

Wait, he isn't black?
This is him
9zZvWxY.jpg

thelastword

Banned
It is kinda right... 360 was ON FIRE. multiplats were better and it had amazing exclusives like halo games, gears games, chromehounds, dead rising and so on. One has almost nothing that ps4 don't and ps4 have more
As much as I hate to admit... Dunky does make good points. How the hell do you go from 2 solid consoles with great exclusives go completely abysmal on the Xbox One gen? Saddest gen I've seen for a Brand that I grew up with and love. Hell, compared to the Wii U, they stilk managed to get better games than the X1 gen. Im hoping Scarlett is the restart button to fix all their problems.
The best XBOX was the OG XBOX, it had all the exclusives..Everybody thinks XBOX ONE is just bad this gen out of nowhere or coincidence, but the writing was on the wall with the 360....Apart from the third party games which was better on 360,.......360 only had Halo, Gears and Forza as top shelf exclusives and with 360 these franchises were already losing steam, so when XBONES came, it's was quite clear that MS had nothing really...….Its the reason they had to default to Crackdown, SOD, SOT, SLT, Recore...B tier games that nobody had any hope for as great franchises and hyped them up, because they were under fire for the main 3.......Halo 5 underperformed, MS was crucified for a MTX laden Forza 5 and Gears 4 was underwhelming.

Compare XBONES output to OG XBOX; Ninja Gaiden, DOA3, JSRF, SEGA GT, Otogi, Crimson Skies, Panzer Dragoon, Gun Valkyrie, Shenmue, and the list goes on and on..........People want to compare the indie Ori, Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead as reasons to own XBOX are out of their minds, they're all on PC and may go to more platforms soon, besides, none of these titles are console sellers or widely appealing games....but yet, you can play them even on potatoe PC's...….You don't need the power of the XBONEX to play Ori or Cuphead…...So just less reasons to own an XBOX....

The best XBOX was the OG XBOX, it had all the exclusives..Everybody thinks XBOX ONE is just bad this gen out of nowhere or coincidence, but the writing was on the wall with the 360....Apart from the third party games which was better on 360,.......360 only had Halo, Gears and Forza as top shelf exclusives and with 360 these franchises were already losing steam, so when XBONES came, it's was quite clear that MS had nothing really...….Its the reason they had to default to Crackdown, SOD, SOT, SLT, Recore...B tier games that nobody had any hope for as great franchises and hyped them up, because they were under fire for the main 3.......Halo 5 underperformed, MS was crucified for a MTX laden Forza 5 and Gears 4 was underwhelming.

Compare XBONES output to OG XBOX; Ninja Gaiden, DOA3, JSRF, SEGA GT, Otogi, Crimson Skies, Panzer Dragoon, Gun Valkyrie, Shenmue, and the list goes on and on..........People want to compare the indie Ori, Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead as reasons to own XBOX are out of their minds, they're all on PC and may go to more platforms soon, besides, none of these titles are console sellers or widely appealing games....but yet, you can play them even on potatoe PC's...….You don't need the power of the XBONEX to play Ori or Cuphead…...So just less reasons to own an XBOX....
Shawn Layden called me this morning and let me know that he's sick and tired of your shit. Not my words. bro.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I spoke to Chapelle 10 years ago, he said you were not funny then......though he said that was with a tendency to be even less so as time went on...….10 years later..:lollipop_Mr_Smith:….
Dave just pointed at people
called them slaves
and then laughed maniacally as he vaped offscreen
then one dude said
LOL TRUE TRUE THAT GUY KEEPS IT REAL

Dane

Kinda weird seeing Microsoft and the Xbox brand getting destroyed in multiple YouTube videos in the same week.

I mean, it’s obvious that the Xbox brand is quite weak, but what changed recently to warrant several attack videos? Maybe it’s coincidence?

Gears 5 i think. It all started there.

Gears of war 2 and 3 bc in 4k... But not gow 1?!
At least they made the darkness bc

Gow 1 is backwards compatible.

Last edited:
Often times I just kind of forget that the Xbox exists. The Switch has a lot of neat stuff going for it and if I was a console gamer it'd be a no brainer to get a PS4. Xbox being the console you get because all your friends have it seems exactly right... except they all have Playstations this gen.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Really, guys?

People aren't allowed to dislike the youtuber whose entire job is about "entertaining" people? Not everyone finds him entertaining. Some find him grating, insufferable, and annoying. And given his latest video is about shitting on a platform, I don't blame people being a bit more bitter about the guy than normal.

Barakov

Often times I just kind of forget that the Xbox exists. The Switch has a lot of neat stuff going for it and if I was a console gamer it'd be a no brainer to get a PS4. Xbox being the console you get because all your friends have it seems exactly right... except they all have Playstations this gen.
Having major exclusives show up on PC was both a blessing and a curse. It probably helps their bottom line but at the same time people don't have an incentive to pick up a Xbox if their games are showing up on PC.

Top Bottom