• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince McMahon Retires from WWE

ManaByte

Gold Member

Triple H Wrestling GIF by WWE

Fox Mulder

This totally felt like the thing that would finally bring him down. He’ll just sell the company for billions.

Last edited:

BaneIsPain

Regardless of what people think of him, he is a legend in the industry. I don't think we will see the transitions in that he is involved.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The guy has been around since long before I was born. Despite being a deeply flawed human being he gave me a lot of enjoyment over the years. And hey, he outlasted Eric Bischoff at least :)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The guy has been around since long before I was born. Despite being a deeply flawed human being he gave me a lot of enjoyment over the years. And hey, he outlasted Eric Bischoff at least :)

I like my wrestling shady and disreputable!

I know, ironically Vince was responsible for trying to somehow "class up" wrestling by inventing Sports Entertainment, and trying to position it as mainstream family product, but I always felt that was a business tactic rather than reflective of his personal taste.

Political correctness and "family values" seem at odds with its history and origins. Its supposed to be a bit carny, a bit outlaw.

ElRenoRaven

Saw this news tonight at work. Gotta say I honestly never thought he'd retire. I had him pegged as dying while he was in charge. Hell possibly in the middle of a show or something at gorilla position.

Needless to say hearing that Steph and HHH are basically in charge means it should get interesting. I can't wait to see Dunn go. He must go. The billion camera cuts a show have to die.

Last edited:

Mondai

WWE will always be garbage this day and age, Vince leaving won’t change that anytime soon but I’m glad he’s gone, nothing but a vile piece of shit.

WoJ

I appreciate Vince for what he has done for wrestling, but he has always been a bad dude. They must have big time dirt on him if he is retiring because there is no way he'd step down otherwise.

Max_Po

Banned
I appreciate Vince for what he has done for wrestling, but he has always been a bad dude. They must have big time dirt on him if he is retiring because there is no way he'd step down otherwise.

Yes..because the people close to him in their interviews stated that Vince will work in WWE till the day he dies.
Must have huge dirt on him..

DKehoe

He’d make the perfect politician.
Vince is too used to being the king of his own kingdom. When things don't go how he wants them to or people push back on him he reacts really poorly. You can look at the Bob Costas interview or the press conference after Owen Hart died as examples of him getting overly aggressive when he meets any kind of resistance.

theclaw135

Banned
I'm more curious about his, ahem, targets. Which wrestlers were victims... or took the less-than-savory path to success.

I use to look forward to when he retired as I thought WWE would get back to its best then. Sadly, I think it'll still carry on with the same tame, PG rubbish for the foreseeable future.

We've gone from this:

FpYLkkN.jpg

To this:

Uo8nb7u.jpg

theclaw135

Banned
I use to look forward to when he retired as I thought WWE would get back to its best then. Sadly, I think it'll still carry on with the same tame, PG rubbish for the foreseeable future.

We've gone from this:

FpYLkkN.jpg

To this:

Uo8nb7u.jpg

I'm puzzled by them still trying to call the show PG, with just how revealing the outfits are.

Kagey K

Banned
Saw this news tonight at work. Gotta say I honestly never thought he'd retire. I had him pegged as dying while he was in charge. Hell possibly in the middle of a show or something at gorilla position.

Needless to say hearing that Steph and HHH are basically in charge means it should get interesting. I can't wait to see Dunn go. He must go. The billion camera cuts a show have to die.
It's so jarring to watch stuff from 2000 and then see how it's shot today. It's nausea inducing. Wish they would go back to more traditional angles and cuts.

We've gone from this:

FpYLkkN.jpg

To this:

Uo8nb7u.jpg
Lots of rumors that they are going back to TV 14. I'm glad AEW is giving them some competition.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Probably a very good thing, although its a shame that so much talent that came up through NXT has left since.

Also, guess old trips has just cemented himself as the greatest wrestling politician of the modern era. This is the guy who despite being more of a solid worker than a great, always managed to partner himself with real draws.

Top Bottom