• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waffle House co-founder dies at 98, a month after business partner died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
AJC

photos.medleyphoto.8106745.jpg

In early March, Waffle House co-founder Joe Rogers Sr. died at age 97, leaving his 98-year-old business partner Tom Forkner behind. In late March, Forkner’s wife of 71 years, Martha, died.

Now Forkner is gone, the restaurant chain confirmed Thursday. The World War II veteran, great-grandfather and DeKalb County native died at his home in Johns Creek on Wednesday.

“Tom will be remembered as a man of honesty and integrity,” Waffle House Chairman Joe Rogers Jr. said in a news release. “He and my father never envisioned the company would grow into what it is today, nor how thousands of associates would be positively impacted by the opening of that first restaurant.”

The partners, who were neighbors, founded Waffle House in 1955 in Avondale Estates. They had met when Rogers bought a house from Forkner, w

sinkfla87

I know there will inevitably be jokes coming but this is really sad :(.

Edit: wait, the recently deceased guy's wife died after his partner did? Dude lost everyone... Damn.

xk0sm0sx

Damn 2 of your dearest persons going away within a month...
But glad that they seemed to lived a good old life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom