• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We all love Nintendo

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think we do.

Just look at every tiny little revolution tid-bit. guaranteed 50+ replies, even when its just regurgitating the same old thing day in, day out.

Even the people that rag on them are only doing so out of hard love, secretly longing for them to deliver the wonderful experiences they remember from their younger days.

I hope Nintendo really deliver with Revolution, so this place can be a warm, happy place full of joy.

Amir0x

Banned
I love them the right way because I am a TRUE Nintendo fan.

Nevertheless, this thread will end either spectacularly or very badly.

Mr_Moogle

I like Nintendo. They make some of the best games in the world...shame they have no idea how to market them. They are also very arrogant....with the way some of their top executives speak...you would think they are still at the top.

Zeo

Banned
I'm sure everyone will love Nintendo once Twilight Princess is released.

Except people who hate themselves.

SKOPE

I love Nintendo, and so should you. Each and every one of you.

It's the creepy, obsessed Nintendo fans we should hate.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I did love Nintendo.

Then they served me with cartridges. After that, they went purple and handles. This generation, I'm not even feeling the Nintendo magic that was there with N64. Super Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker let me down, and I'm not too excited about the new Zelda, either. Something has died within me.

So - no.

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
I love the technology and Nintendo is against the technology.

But I love their games, it sucks when you saw that in a lot of aspects the Nintendo consoles are inferior but you must buy them because the games are great.

It sucks a lot.

lexy

I don't know if it's logical to conclude that we love Nintendo because we talk about them so much.

It makes a lot more sense to say that Nintendo leaves themselves open to discussion by keeping their "trump" cards hidden until the last possible minute.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Chittagong said:
I did love Nintendo.

Then they served me with cartridges. After that, they went purple and handles. This generation, I'm not even feeling the Nintendo magic that was there with N64. Super Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker let me down, and I'm not too excited about the new Zelda, either. Something has died within me.

So - no.

but they're kind of like a violent husband. If they say sorry, and give you something magical, like the first time you played mario world, or zelda, won't you just run up and hug them, and forgive them all these years of abuse?

Maybe revolution should come with some cover-up makeup to hide your bruises :)

Ruzbeh

Banned
Chittagong said:
I did love Nintendo.

So - no.
The new Zelda is awesome. Ok. Awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome. There is something very wrong with you if you're not excited about the new Zelda. One day, they will use the excitement over new Zelda's as a way to measure one's overal mental health. No excitement over 'New Zelda' = men dressed in white coates take you away.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
mrklaw said:
I think we do.

Just look at every tiny little revolution tid-bit. guaranteed 50+ replies, even when its just regurgitating the same old thing day in, day out.

Even the people that rag on them are only doing so out of hard love, secretly longing for them to deliver the wonderful experiences they remember from their younger days.

I hope Nintendo really deliver with Revolution, so this place can be a warm, happy place full of joy.

This is obviously some new and strange use of the word everyone.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, that would be splitting hairs. In any case some people around here have a very unnatural hatred towards Nintendo.

madara

mrklaw said:
I think we do.

Insightful, I agree.

Juice

I <3 Nintendo.

I dislike the presence of non-gaming corporations existing in the market at all. I'd much rather have game companies like Nintendo, Sega, and SNK be behind hardware and software, with licensees less emphasized. If that were the case, EA wouldn't be fuckton huge, we'd have less games based on movies, and developers would spend more time worrying about fun than realism.

However, it's impossible to be a true lover of games without owning all of the hardware available, as it's all going to have at least a few AAA titles. I just wish I didn't feel like I was feeding Sony-sama or the Microsoft gods while doing it.

Nintendo's no less evil, but I'm down with them.

El_Victor

Juice said:
I <3 Nintendo.

I dislike the presence of non-gaming corporations existing in the market at all. I'd much rather have game companies like Nintendo, Sega, and SNK be behind hardware and software, with licensees less emphasized. If that were the case, EA wouldn't be fuckton huge, we'd have less games based on movies, and developers would spend more time worrying about fun than realism.

However, it's impossible to be a true lover of games without owning all of the hardware available, as it's all going to have at least a few AAA titles. I just wish I didn't feel like I was feeding Sony-sama or the Microsoft gods while doing it.

Nintendo's no less evil, but I'm down with them.
IAWTPBTMBBIAAF

Mihail

Banned
They're intriguing because they seem to both deeply care about gamers and yet not give a ffff what they think. Case in point: they've done many ingenious things to eliminate loading times from their first party games. Besides SSB:M and Waverace: BS, can you think of a first party Nintendo game that has loading time? Maybe there are 1 or 2 others, but, damn, even a game as huge as TWW doesn't have them. You can't honestly tell me you believe Nintendo has gone through all this trouble because they think it will bring them more sales. Gamers have shown that they're willing to put up with loading times -- even ridiculous ones -- but Nintendo wants to make the experience better still.

On the other side of the coin, they don't give a rat's ass if you want cinematic RPGs, sleek consoles, traditional button configurations, etc. They do whatever the hell they want.

They're a very interesting company, and I think people are always interested in how the future will affect them, or how they will affect the future.

I think it's awesome to examine them objectively, but silly to be a die-hard apologist who will find good in anything Nintendo does or a DrinkyCrow-esque attention whore who would rather go to his elementary school naked than play a GameCube.

Juice

Mihail said:
They're intriguing because they seem to both deeply care about gamers and yet not give a ffff what they think. Case in point: they've done many ingenious things to eliminate loading times from their first party games. Besides SSB:M and Waverace: BS, can you think of a first party Nintendo game that has loading time? Maybe there are 1 or 2 others, but, damn, even a game as huge as TWW doesn't have them. You can't honestly tell me you believe Nintendo has gone through all this trouble because they think it will bring them more sales. Gamers have shown that they're willing to put up with loading times -- even ridiculous ones -- but Nintendo wants to make the experience better still.

On the other side of the coin, they don't give a rat's ass if you want cinematic RPGs, sleek consoles, traditional button configurations, etc. They do whatever the hell they want.

They're a very interesting company, and I think people are always interested in how the future will affect them, or how they will affect the future.

I think it's awesome to examine them objectively, but silly to be a die-hard apologist who will find good in anything Nintendo does or a DrinkyCrow-esque attention whore who would rather go to his elementary school naked than play a GameCube.

/signed

Kolgar

I used to love Nintendo, back in the Super NES days.

Then they disappointed me by delaying Ultra 64 not once, but twice. And by staying with carts when all the other sexy new hardware was using CDs.

Then they lost their way with third parties, and their "Dream Team" of developers spectacularly failed to live up to expectations.

Then they made bold proclamations that they were shooting for #1 again with Gamecube, and that they had "learned their lessons" with N64. Yes, they told me, things would be different, and they would do all they could to court a larger, older, more sophisticated audience.

Lies, all lies.

Not that it matters, because actually, they lost my loyalty the moment they delayed N64 for the second time. It's been a relief and a blessing (not to mention a whole lot more fun) buying gajillions of games from companies who actually care about giving me what I want, when I want it.

But oh, I do feel for Nintendo's loyal supporters today.

Zeo

Banned
Kolgar said:
It's been a relief and a blessing (not to mention a whole lot more fun) buying gajillions of games from companies who actually care about giving me what I want, when I want it.

But oh, I do feel for Nintendo's loyal supporters today.

That's changed a hell of a lot since N64, so I don't see how you can say that. They never delay anything anymore.

And what exactly do you want?

Mihail said:

Cinematic RPGs (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy) started on NES. (Kohler, Power Up, Chapter 4)

Sleek Consoles: Game Boy Pocket, NES v2, GBA SP, Gamecube (not the purple)

Nintendo makes control configurations that become traditional, not the other way around.

In short, they are the music makers, and they are the dreamers of dreams.

TheDiave

Banned
I believe a great portion of the denizens here played their first game on an NES, so yeah, I see no reason to believe there isn't some Nintendo love in these here forums. The only problem is their love is waining because of how the 'Cube was handled, that the DS was underpowered -- knowing the PSP was coming -- and how pathetic the Revolution is seeming to be.

I'm hoping as much as the next guy that Nintendo is blowing smoke up all our asses with this talk of a "quiet, affordable machine" being a pussy, performance-wise, compared to the X360 and PS3. I'm hoping the system is a fucking powerhouse, and they're just playing possum. I'm hoping Nintendo can pull themselves out of this seeming tail-spin they're in, and can at least come out with a vengeance and secure a 2nd place spot next-gen.

But again, those are all hopes. Actual mileage may vary, and time is the only way to tell.

Ruzbeh

Banned
jarrod said:
Close actually.
No way is it Super Mario 64. I played it. It was a crapload of fun but no way dude.
TheDiave said:
I'm hoping as much as the next guy that Nintendo is blowing smoke up all our asses with this talk of a "quiet, affordable machine" being a pussy, performance-wise, compared to the X360 and PS3. I'm hoping the system is a fucking powerhouse, and they're just playing possum. I'm hoping Nintendo can pull themselves out of this seeming tail-spin they're in, and can at least come out with a vengeance and secure a 2nd place spot next-gen.
It's definately going to be slower than X360 and PS3. But because Rev will output in 480p, the graphics will be very much comparible in most cases. I think many people will be surprised. Graphics on Revolution like PGR3 are doable, but only in 480p. But I obviously can't be sure of that.

Bob White

Majora's Mask, bitches!

Cinematic RPGs (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy) started on NES. (Kohler, Power Up, Chapter 4)

And NES had an online network too...........so that means its alright that Gamecube doesnt have one!!

Deg

Banned
I think Nintendo are changing but to focus on a tiny high profit audience. Its unreasonable to expect them to compete against Sony or even MS.

Top Bottom