• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Box Office Estimates: Hero Leads the Charge & Super Babies Bomb Bomb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

1) Hero - $17,802,000
2) Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid - $13,200,000
3) Without a Paddle - $8,700,000
4) The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement - $8,068,000
5) Exorcist: The Beginning - $6,735,000
6) Collateral - $6,300,000
7) Alien vs. Predator - $4,605,000
9) The Bourne Supremacy - $4,605,000
10) Suspect Zero - $3,400,000
11) Super Babies: Baby Geniuses 2 - $3,300,000
12) The Manchurian Candidate - $2,830,000
13) Garden State - $2,750,000
14) Napoleon Dynamite - $2,150,000
15) The Village - $1,873,000

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2004&wknd=35&p=.htm

HAOHMARU

I saw a preview for Suspect Zero and it sounded like an awesome story...is it getting bad reviews or something? I was looking forward to this, and that one guy that played Ghandi is in it too.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Miburou said:
Why did it take so long for Hero to get released in the US?

It wasn't going to be released until Quentin threatened to have Uma go all "Crazy 88's" on Miramax if they didn't release it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
$13 million for Anacondas? That's a fucking travesty. :\

I start screaming at the TV every time I see previews.

It needs to hurry up and get to the cheap theatre so I can have a good laugh without spending $8.

Shinobi

Who gives a shit that Anacondas made 13 mill? Has it somehow made your lives worse? It's a cheesey ass B movie with a few cheap thrills, big deal. I wouldn't watch it for free myself, but I'm not gonna feel all downtrodden because other people did.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Shinobi said:
Who gives a shit that Anacondas made 13 mill? Has it somehow made your lives worse? It's a cheesey ass B movie with a few cheap thrills, big deal. I wouldn't watch it for free myself, but I'm not gonna feel all downtrodden because other people did.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I saw a preview for Suspect Zero and it sounded like an awesome story...is it getting bad reviews or something?

It's mostly been dogged by reviewers, much to my confusion. Many of them are acting like it's the death knell for the whole serial killer genre and inexplicably complaining about the story being too dark and "unpleasant," which is just moronic. I didn't realize that these kind of movies were supposed to be all rosy and sweet...

Overall, I thought it was really solid; a good first hour, while the last thirty-odd minutes take on this fantastic hushed presence with very little dialogue and some great cinematography in the wide open mid-West. My only real complaint(s) about the film are that Mackelway should've been played by someone more interesting than Aaron Eckhart and Carrie-Anne Moss' character didn't even need to be in the story (which would've kept a brief but terribly out-of-place romantic encounter from rearing it's head).

Who gives a shit that Anacondas made 13 mill? Has it somehow made your lives worse?

Well, in a roundabout way, yes. When drek like that makes money, it only encourages the studios to make more of this junk, which will end up taking theater screens and eventually profits from better, worthwhile movies.

aparisi2274

Man the fact that Anacondas made almost $14 million dollars just goes to show that we Americans have no idea how to pick a good movie. I say to anyone who wasted $10 to see that movie "Real Smooth, You Fucking Genius"

Shinobi

Seriously, did any of you even watch Anacondas? Though I suppose if you did, you'd be part of the problem. :lol

If this movie had made $50 million in three days, that'd be something to get uptight about. $13 million in today's age is nothing to write home about. And if it's out two months ago, it doesn't even make half. This weekend just looked slow as hell to me, so dedicated movie goers had to see something.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Shinobi said:
Seriously, did any of you even watch Anacondas? Though I suppose if you did, you'd be part of the problem. :lol

If this movie had made $50 million in three days, that'd be something to get uptight about. $13 million in today's age is nothing to write home about. And if it's out two months ago, it doesn't even make half. This weekend just looked slow as hell to me, so dedicated movie goers had to see something.

Real moviegoers should've gone and seen Hero or Garden State or Collateral or Open Water or any number of decent flicks out now. That is no excuse!

AniHawk

Aliens $85,160,248
Alien $80,930,630
Alien vs. Predator $72,065,000
Predator $59,735,548
Alien 3 $55,473,545
Alien Resurrection $47,795,658
Predator 2 $30,669,413

signet

Willco said:
Real moviegoers should've gone and seen Hero or Garden State or Collateral or Open Water or any number of decent flicks out now. That is no excuse!

Open Water sucked!

Gantz

Banned
I can't believe the suckers who went to see Hero thinking Tarantino directed it. Hero was visually beautiful but the story and acting was pretentious.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Hero will probably have no legs... but it's SO cool to see it have a decent opening weekend... kudos... now hurry up and get Danny the Dog(or whatever the new title of it is) released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom