• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy's 4 for $4: Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger/Chicken BLT, 4p nuggets, sm fries, sm drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Saw the ad on tv earlier this week. Not a bad deal with the cost of the jr bacon being close to half of the meal itself. I miss the days when you could get one for $1.

How many calories is that?

according to their site's "mealbuilder", 1,130

Code:
JBC (JR. BACON CHEESEBURGER)
Calories	380  
Fiber	1g   	Protein	19g

4-PIECE CHICKEN NUGGETS
Calories	230  
Fiber	1g   	Protein	10g

SMALL NATURAL-CUT FRIES
Calories	320  
Fiber	4g   	Protein	5g

SMALL COCA-COLA®
Calories	200  
Fiber	0g   	Protein	0g

1130 CALORIES
6g FIBER
34g PROTEIN

Calories From Fat: 450		Potassium (mg): 1150
Total Fat (g): 50		Carbohydrates (g): 144
Saturated Fat (g): 14		Sugar (g): 70
Trans Fat (g): 1		Vitamin A (%DV): 10%
Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 18	Vitamin C (%DV): 30%
Monounsaturated Fat (g): 15	Calcium (%DV): 15%
Cholesterol (mg): 100		Iron (%DV): 25%
Sodium (mg): 1730

hom3land

Horrible deal.

$4.99 gets you:

BBQ chicken sandwich
Fries
Hush puppies
Large coke/cheerwine

Cookout laughs at Wendy's poor excuse at value.

Acerac

Banned
Horrible deal.

$4.99 gets you:

BBQ chicken sandwich
Fries
Hush puppies
Large coke/cheerwine

Yeah there's a lot of local places that have better deals. We're talking about national chains here, and excluding Checkers this deal seems up there with the best.

If you’re around Phoenix, Arizona or Grand Rapids, Michigan or Ft. Myers, Florida, keep an eye out for the new Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Sandwich from Wendy’s. This test market chicken sandwich features sweet Thai chili sauce, spring mix, mild green chiles, dill pickles, and smokey chipotle on a brioche bun.

Nutrition-wise you’re looking at 600 calories, 25 grams of fat, 7 grams of saturated fat, 1850 milligrams of sodium, 63 grams of carbs, 15 grams of sugar, 3 grams of fiber, and 30 grams of protein. We’ll keep you posted on any potential national release.
Jesus a days worth of sodium in a single sandwich. Fuck that.
1154.gif

VoxPop

About to get like 3 of these meals and pig out.

Horrible deal.

$4.99 gets you:

BBQ chicken sandwich
Fries
Hush puppies
Large coke/cheerwine

What's Cookout? Some mom and pop burger joint?

cj_iwakura

Better just to buy the .99 chicken sandwich, value fries, a small chili, and take that ish home. $3 and some change.

All wendys needs to do is have a dollar menu and tiers instead of having almost all their menu super expensive. Until then this deal is a cheap ploy to make people believe they are listening.

Please see a doctor.
I did. I get gassy when I eat ultra ridiculously greasy and cheap ass food like Wendy's, which gives me back pain and leaves me on the toilet for hours.

No other fast food restaurant does that to me, not even Arby's or McDonald's (Taco Bell gives me diarrhoea though). Salt and grease is all Wendy's has going for them.

Kenai

then a burger and nuggets you shall have!

There was a lot of amazing food in Atlanta. So cheap too. Made it much easier to enjoy Dragon*Con on the cheap.

but Indiana is not Atlanta. This is a pretty good deal if you want a soda, I'm used to paying a bit less than a 5er for a burger, nuggets and fries and just get water.

Get a colonoscopy, maybe?
It's not cancer lol. I don't eat at Wendy's and I'm good (except their chicken strips, I can still eat those as long as I don't buy pop with it)

Edit: I should mention that I love the taste of Wendy's, it just makes me sick when I eat it though. This is unlike Taco Bell where I'm more concerned for my mouth than my intestines.

TheExodu5

Banned
Jr Bacon Cheeseburger
380 calories
23g fat
25g carbs
19g protein

Chicken Nuggets
230 calories
13g fat
21g carbs
10g protein

Small Fries
320 calories
15g fat
43g carbs
5g protein

Small Coca-Cola
200 calories
54g carbs

Total
1130 calories
51g fat
181g carbs
34g protein

This is why you're fat. Way too much food for too little money.

I maintain the only reason obesity rate isn't as bad in Canada is that our food (fast food in particular) is too damned expensive.

according to their site's "mealbuilder", 1,130

Oops. Someone did the math for me!

Weird. Just compared Canada's 5-piece Wendy's nuggets to the US. Ours has the same amount of fat and protein as 4 pieces in the US, but half the carbs. Completely different.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Went to Wendy's today for lunch. Literally every single person in line ordered this, usually with something else.

Konka

Banned
Jr Bacon Cheeseburger
380 calories
23g fat
25g carbs
19g protein

Chicken Nuggets
230 calories
13g fat
21g carbs
10g protein

Small Fries
320 calories
15g fat
43g carbs
5g protein

Small Coca-Cola
200 calories
54g carbs

Total
1130 calories
51g fat
181g carbs
34g protein

This is why you're fat. Way too much food for too little money.

I maintain the only reason obesity rate isn't as bad in Canada is that our food (fast food in particular) is too damned expensive.

Oops. Someone did the math for me!

Weird. Just compared Canada's 5-piece Wendy's nuggets to the US. Ours has the same amount of fat and protein as 4 pieces in the US, but half the carbs. Completely different.

You could get water and cut out 200 calories. Or even diet coke.

Mimosa97

When I went to Canada I went into a St-Hubert Express...

...and I nope'd right out the door.

Sadly they are everywhere in Quebec :(.

They're so fucking expensive and the food is trash. And they keep opening new locations every month I swear I don't understand how anyone can eat there. There's one next to my building and it's always packed at lunch.

Sykotik

I usually get two Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, and just remove the bread and use the patties as the buns. Cuts back on a lot of the calories and carbs, tastes great.

I'm thinking about grabbing this tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom