• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Were you able to make rent this month,Gaf?

TaySan

Banned
With the Covid pandemic still underway and many losing their jobs i was wondering how everyone at GAF is doing financially.
I'm fortunate enough to live with my parents and their generous rent. $250 a month.

I'm not concerned, but i wish i could receive my unemployment. :( Can't ever get a hold of their offices as they are clogged with phone calls. How is everyone else here doing right now?

highrider

Banned
You need to use the online for unemployment dude, you’ll never get a phone call through.

I got furloughed about 3 weeks ago but the collision repair shop I work for got the stimulus loan this week so I’ll be going back on Monday. I have enough savings to last about a year unemployed. Was thinking last week I might have to go on unemployment for the first time in my life. Glad I didn’t have to.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
I've been filing online, but i have an "unresolved issue" with my sick,holiday and severance pay so i haven't been paid for any of my claims. I can't get a hold of their offices to resolve the issue so this sucks. :/ Not struggling right now but it's annoying. We are supposed to have a new system for the pandemic in our state in a couple of weeks so hopefully that will help.

Mista

Banned
I've been filing online, but i have an "unresolved issue" with my sick,holiday and severance pay so i haven't been paid for any of my claims. I can't get a hold of their offices to resolve the issue so this sucks. :/ Not struggling right now but it's annoying. We are supposed to have a new system for the pandemic in our state in a couple of weeks so hopefully that will help.
Didn’t they give $1200 for everyone?

TaySan

Banned
Didn’t they give $1200 for everyone?
Yes that was the stimulus check meant for boosting the economy. I got that one no problem through direct deposit. The unemployment i have manually file still :( we are supposed to get $600 federal + whatever the state gives us.

I feel for anyone struggling right now. I’m really lucky to be in the situation I’m in as far as rent not being an issue right now.

definitely file for any help you are eligible to receive

Rent?

tenor.gif

Try a mortgage and the answer is no

H4ze

Yes, because I am not living in a shithole of a country, despite only working for 3 days last month due to Covid, I get enoughe money to pay all my bills.

lock2k

Banned
With the Covid pandemic still underway and many losing their jobs i was wondering how everyone at GAF is doing financially.
I'm fortunate enough to live with my parents and their generous rent. $250 a month.

I'm not concerned, but i wish i could receive my unemployment. :( Can't ever get a hold of their offices as they are clogged with phone calls. How is everyone else here doing right now?
You pay rent for your parents?

Banned
No rent, no mortgage.

I’m doing fine

I hope you all can take care of yourselves. Wish you all success.

lock2k

Banned
As for the answer. I own my apartment so I don't pay rent but I do have a monthly tax to pay here because it's a condo complex and it sucks but it's just like rent. I've been paying all expenses just fine but I don't realy have extra money.

TaySan

Banned
OK. I can understand. It's just very different from the way I was raised. I would never charge a dime from my daughter if she was older and still living with me. It's not like she chose to be born.
My dad says if im truly struggling and out of work for longer than expected i wont have to pay rent, but for now im still doing alright. :)

Kagey K

Banned
House is paid off, cars paid off, and I’ve been working the entire time. No Treaudough for me.

Business is down a bit, but it’s not as bad as anticipated. Hopefully what we lost in March and April come back in May.

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
No problems on the mortgage.
I’m a commission salesman so this has definitely hurt but we still have some business, and I have a decent savings.

Top Bottom