• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s the one game you keep playing but you absolutely suck at?

NahaNago

It would have to be bloodborne. I really enjoy the style and atmosphere of the world but I'm just not into souls games. So I play a little bit every once in a while and explore and then move on to a new game after I get tired of dying too many times.

killatopak

League of Legends

Been playing since Beta but never got beyond platin. One of those games where playing is not enough and you`d have to practice to succeed which is not my understanding of "fun", so I don`t.
Huh? While I‘m obviously not the case for everyone but got to Diamond within like 9 months of playing League. Just 2 months of actual serious ranked. Took less than 150 ranked games. While I don’t deny the use of practice, I jumped that quick because of in game knowledge. I actually read and understood most if not all champion skills, their cooldowns, passives along with item effects, power spikes and minion control. Half the time with League was not actually spent playing it. It was theorizing with my friends and doing imaginary matchups.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/leag...ferior-mobas-since-2009.998660/post-172283563
3deqn21.jpg
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/leag...its-nothing-but-thresh.1097433/post-177648701
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/leag...its-nothing-but-thresh.1097433/post-179301964

Mortisfacio

I still hop on Starcraft 2 every few months either to play custom maps, co-op or versus. I'm terrible. I got plat and close to diamond with the initial release, but ever since Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void launched I'm a forever silver/gold player. Still love the hell out of it, though. I wish the RTS genre wasn't effectively dead. Hoping Stormgate is fun.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Various shmups on Saturn. It's an audio/visual feast for the senses and while I do get better the more I play, I still blow when it comes to maximizing my score, etc.

Schmendrick

Half the time with League was not actually spent playing it. It was theorizing with my friends and doing imaginary matchups.
Read my post again. You're literally doing the opposite of me and I honestly don't get what you're trying to express with your reply at all...

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Oh also SRPG's. I love stuff like Fire Emblem, FF Tactics and Triangle Strategy but I'm not very good at them

I generally play games in hard mode, but most SRPG's are just too much for me in anything above normal.
I am the same. Give me the most hardcore turn based JRPG I won't have any real issue even playing on the hardest difficulty, but damn I am terrible at tactical RPGs.

I could not finish Tactics Ogre reborn, for instance, I was getting wrecked and couldnt make any progress after 50 hours. Amazing game, but I just suck too much haha

Last edited:

killatopak

Read my post again. You're literally doing the opposite of me and I kind of don't get why you're even replying?
I didn’t practice. 🤷‍♂️
Not to mention, there wasn’t even a practice tool then compared to modern league. I do get your point though. I must have skipped over playing is not enough and went straight to the practice part and assumed that you implied just practice is needed to succeed. Which is weird if you’ve been playing from the beta since that’s a lot of time spent. Apologies if I misunderstood you.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Rocket League club. Started playing release day. Over 10,000 matches played. The highest rank I've ever been was Diamond II in doubles. Right now I'm Plat 1 (threes) and Plat 3 (Doubles). I don't play Singles because my rage gets too strong.

Schmendrick

I didn’t practice. 🤷‍♂️
Not to mention, there wasn’t even a practice tool then compared to modern league. I do get your point though. I must have skipped over playing is not enough and went straight to the practice part and assumed that you implied just practice is needed to succeed. Which is weird if you’ve been playing from the beta since that’s a lot of time spent. Apologies if I misunderstood you.
Substitute "practice" with "spend any time with the game outside of just jumping into a match from time to time" and maybe it becomes clearer.
I've never read any patchnotes have no idea about meta and literally don't know the skills of half the newer champs, at least not in detail.
You've probably spent more time reading up on laning tactics alone in those 9 months of yours than I've spent playing in the last 3 years.
Compared to me you are a hardcore nerd ;)

Last edited:

killatopak

Substitute "practice" with "spend any time with the game outside of just jumping into a match from time to time" and maybe it becomes clearer.
I've never read any patchnotes have no idea about meta and literally don't know the skills of half the newer champs, at least not in detail.
You've probably spent more time reading up on laning tactics alone in those 9 months of yours than I've spent playing in the last 3 years. :)
Don’t worry. I completely understand you. It’s the same reason I rarely play anymore. I used to always be updated on patches and devoured the slightest of changes. Life got in the way and the lack of friends playing it dampened my motivation to continue that way of playing. I guess it’s why I’m not a big fan of live service games anymore. All my time spent analyzing and mastering those things are now down the drain due to the constant updates.

Knightime_X

Street fighter 6
Literally the exact opposite of how I am in sf2 super turbo.
But it's fun so it's fine. Weirdly enough, losing in Sf6 doesn't make me salty at all.

Generally fighting games, most of the time I have a 50/50 winning rate but for the fact that I have been playing fighting games since the mid 90s those numbers are pathatic, I still love it.
Same here. I love fighting games and I have quite a few, but I only play single player or against friends. Whenever I venture into online fights against randoms, I get my shit pushed in. I don't have the interest in playing a training mode for 300 hours just to get to adequate.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Dirt Rally 2.0 - frequently limp home in last or close to last with a smashed up car about ready to throw up.

Last edited:

SammyNerve

Neo Member
Do we really have to pick just one game? How 'bout all of them?

The Binding of Isaac...I don't think I truly suck at it but 1317 hours and only 83% completion makes me question why I pick up the controller.

L*][*N*K

Banned
Same here. I love fighting games and I have quite a few, but I only play single player or against friends. Whenever I venture into online fights against randoms, I get my shit pushed in. I don't have the interest in playing a training mode for 300 hours just to get to adequate.
I should have done that when I was 16, too fucking late for that

Top Bottom