• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what are all the different steering wheels made for PS2 ? recommendations needed

how many steering wheels have been made for PS2? I'm mainly interesting in the North American ones, but including Japanese and UK/European wheels that did not get a stateside release would be interesting too.

I'll be needing a decent wheel for PS2 with the release of LA Rush,
Midway Arcade Treasures 3, Sega Rally 2005, Burnout Revenge, as well as for already released games: GT3, GT4, Burnout 3, etc.

basic breakdown of recommended wheels would also be helpful, including info on force feedback etc.

Ranger X

This is the best wheel to ever grace the surface of this planet. Don't even ask yourself about anything and buy it. I'm totally serious. I always hated wheels and never had ANY exitement using one until i tried this one.

ME0000545457_2.jpg

Just buy it. Logitek GTForce Pro Force Feedback. Don't fear the 200$ -- its worth double.

WindyMan

Wyzdom said:
This is the best wheel to ever grace the surface of this planet. Don't even ask yourself about anything and buy it. I'm totally serious. I always hated wheels and never had ANY exitement using one until i tried this one.

http://img2.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/54/54/ME0000545457_2.jpg

Just buy it. Logitek GTForce Pro Force Feedback. Don't fear the 200$ -- its worth double.

Seconded. If you can afford to drop $150 on it, do it right away. I didn't think it was worth it at first, but after a good deal of time with it I can safely say that you definitely get what you pay for. I think I've got my money's worth out of it already, and that's just with GT4. It also works great with Burnout 3 and NFSU2.

If you can't afford the price, either save up for it or get one of the other Logitech wheels:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/US/EN,crid=2249&categoryid=411

However, I must recommend you get the GT Force wheel, especially if you have any interest whatsoever in Gran Turismo 4 (and beyond).

Bebpo

Banned
Gek54 said:
Should be about $110 shipped online.

Where at? I'm about to sell my Japanese DFP wheel as I'm moving and it's too fucking big ^^; But I'm sure I'll rebuy it and $110 sounds nice since I'm selling my Japanese one for about $80.

thanks guys. I'm definitally going to go for the Logitek GTForce Pro Force Feedback , sounds awesome.

still would like a list of all the wheels made for PS2 :)

Gek54

midnightguy said:
thanks guys. I'm definitally going to go for the Logitek GTForce Pro Force Feedback , sounds awesome.

still would like a list of all the wheels made for PS2 :)

The only ones you would want to consider are the Logitech wheels

Driving Force Pro
Driving Force
GT Force
Wingman Formula Force GP

Overstock has the Wingman for $25 shipped for a refurb. I had two of these refurbs and they worked great for me. If you are serious about simulation then you will want to get the DFP but if you are just into arcade racing then the Wingman would be the best value. I am pretty sure every PS2 game that is compatible with the DFP is also compabitible with the Wingman.

Flo_Evans

I wouldn't mess with anything but a logitech for the PS2.

If you want to get serious these guys sell adapters that let you use your real race car wheel with the logitech. http://www.frex.com/gp/

promo12Cf01w300.JPG

they also make a badass pedal set (PC only I think)

simclutch01a300.JPG

edit:

they do make one (w/o the clutch) that works with the driving force pro^^

pedal4.1w-200.JPG

Top Bottom