• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite Treasure games?

Select up to 3

• Gunstar Heroes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Dynamite Headdy

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Alien Soldier

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Light Crusader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guardian Heroes

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Mischief Makers

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Silhouette Mirage

• Radiant Silvergun

• Bangai-O

• Sin and Punishment

• Ikaruga

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Wario World

• Astro Boy: Omega Factor

• Gradius V

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Advance Guardian Heroes

• Gunstar Super Heroes

• Bangai-O Spirits

• Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury

• McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure

• Total voters
Had to go with Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier and Mischief Makers. To me those are some peak Treasure games, and I know that's probably surprising considering Mischief Makers but I honestly really like that game. I wish it got a sequel, same with Alien Soldier.

Those games all have some unmistakable style and charm that is uniquely Treasure.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Sin & Punishment 2 and Mischief Makers are by far my favorite. Treasure games tend to be too overcomplicated for me. I still like most of them, but I don't consider them to be anywhere near the top of the heap.

Pretty much all of 'em are solid. Personal top 3 are Gradius V, S&P Star Successor, and Ikaruga.

I approve of this post, although I like Radiant Silvergun over Ikaruga. Ikaruga would still be top 5 for me.

God Gradius V is so fucking good, I'm still pissed Konami won't let anyone do an HD port. That game was gorgeous for a PS2 game. Hell it still holds up and looks amazing on emulator.

I'm horrible at best and favorites, but I'd probably lean towards Guardian Heroes for my most enjoyed Treasure title. Trying to think objectively, I'd say Ikaruga is still the best game the company ever produced.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I approve of this post, although I like Radiant Silvergun over Ikaruga. Ikaruga would still be top 5 for me.

God Gradius V is so fucking good, I'm still pissed Konami won't let anyone do an HD port. That game was gorgeous for a PS2 game. Hell it still holds up and looks amazing on emulator.

It was a tough call between Ikaruga and Gunstar Heroes. I like Radiant Silvergun except for the whole "use this specific weapon in this area against these enemies to score properly".

Gradius V is truly a masterpiece, I agree.

SpiceRacz

You're missing one:

McDonald%27s_Treasure_Land_Adventure_Sega_Genesis.jpg

Picked Guardian Heroes, Gunstar Heroes, and Gradius V

Naked Lunch

After all these years, no one can touch Treasure. Ill take their output over anything being released today. Their entire catalogue is legendary and timeless. Have they ceased operations? Their games give you a freedom in the actual gameplay to flex your skills - its hard to describe.
My tops are Sin and Punishment 1, Radiant Silvergun, and Gunstar Heroes.

Im still pissed that Bangai-O HD isnt on xb1 bc, but maybe there's hope they add it in the future. That game is ridiculously insane.

Top Bottom