• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus was founded 38 years ago today! What's your favorite Atlus developed or published game?

What's your favorite Atlus developed or published game?

• Persona Dancing Games | In Starlight, In Moonlight, All Night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Persona 5 Tactica

• Persona 5 Strikers

• Persona 4 Arena

• Persona Q & Persona Q2

• Soul Hackers 2

• GrimGrimoire | OnceMore

• Total voters
1D9wCyg.png

Hey, GAF!!

Atlus is turning 38 today so let's take a moment to show some love for all the epic games they've blessed us with over the years.

What's your all-time favorite Atlus developed or published game? It it a timeless classic or a recent gem, share the love below,

Personally, I'm still head over heels for Unicorn Overlord. This SRPG from Vanillaware/Atlus has me hooked with its awesome art direction and the top-notch gameplay. Really can't get enough of it!

I've included a bunch of Atlus/Vanillaware games in the poll, so don't forget to cast your vote there too (since I couldn't add them all, if your favorite game isn't listed, just choose 'Other' and drop a comment in the thread with your choice)!

cUBko1R.png

Last edited:
Persona 3 is my 7th favourite game of all time, so the choice is clear for me.

That being said, Atlus in general is a fantastic publisher (even with their shady DLC/content spacing practices as of late), so here's to more years of 'em!

Add it and take off both GrimGrimoire and Muramasa, those were published by NIS and Marvelous respectively, lol.
I literally can't; the options are locked in and not even a mod can change them without resetting the whole poll. :/

Just pick other and comment your choice. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Didn't know that, but makes sense ig.
Yeah, it is what it is and I expect that not everyone will be happy with the locked in choices. It took me too long to make this OP already so I just hope the thread whine will be kept to a minimum for my own sanity. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Joyful

picking just one is impossible

id say smt3/4/SJ or persona 3/4

digital devil saga not on the poll smh

also I love Etrian Odyssey and hope they make more.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Toss up between Strange Journey and Nocturne depending on how I'm feeling, but I gave it to Strange Journey on the poll. Still haven't topped the writing in it to this day.

Mr Hyde

Catherine Full Body. Great story and characters. Fun puzzles. Stellar VA. Hard as fuck on higher difficulties.

Other Atlus games I like are P3, P4, Shin Megami tensei and if we include Vanillaware I'd say Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown and 13 Sentinels are among the top dawgs.

It's a shame Atlus has become so greedy with their releases nickeling and diming with every breath they take. They used to be cool but as with all things becoming popular they are slowly eroding to shit.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
First PSX JPRG I ever played. Became my Fav jrpg I was one of maybe two people saying Persona > Final Fantasy in the 90s

These days I think a lot more people would agree with me. also Persona 1 & 2/2 are extremely underrated by modern Persona fans (Hell most of them haven't even played them which is a shame because they are the best of the series (maybe not the core gameplay but everything else))

Revelations_Persona_cover.jpg

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Persona 3 for sure. It came at the right time (also in High School) and the game defined how I view things day-to-day/handle it and helped me push through. And then Persona 4 in the same time period of my life

StereoVsn

Persona 4 Golden would be my favorite game in that list. It’s perhaps not the best game objectively speaking there , but I really like the title. Played it on my Vita during a roughy time in my life and it actually helped me settle my mind.

There are so many great games by Atlus from PSX to PS2 to DS to 3DS and now PS4/5 and Switch that it’s amazing how they stayed so consistent through the years.

IAmRei

Choosing one is hard...
Their output in these years are awesome. Arguably better rpg than others. One of them even my best rpg ever, shin megami tensei 3: nocturne. But i choose to vote shin megami tensei strange journey, because i have good memories with that game as well.

Last edited:
My fav Atlus game will always be Persona 3. When I first played it on PS2, the themes hit me hard.

For Atlus published game, it would be Disgaea. Back in the PS2 days, when Atlus USA was small and was localizing other company games, on their site they had forums and one of the sections was a Game Request section. I came across a Disgaea PV and I loved it because there were not a lot of tactical games anymore (I loved Final Fantasy Tactics back on the PS1). I posted it on the Game Request forum with a link to the PV. Atlus USA never replied in that section. As you know, Disgaea became one of the best selling games and it brought an unknown company, Nippon Ichi, into the spotlight (Atlus USA previously released Rhapsody on PS1 but don't think it did well). Nippon Ichi created NIS America after Disgaea and started publishing their own games from then on. Though it was surely a concidence when Atlus released Disgaea and was not due to my post (I think Disgaea was successful and popular when it first released in Japan) but some part of me felt they really were reading the forums.

Perrott

Gold Member
Persona 4 Golden, followed by Persona 5 and Catherine.

Which are all Atlus games I've finished so far - I need to resume (or probably even restart) my playthrough of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona for the PSP one of these days.

Paltheos

Including published games is silly. Atlus' catalogue is wide enough to vote on its own.

Anyway, my answer is SMT3: Nocturne, of course. Radiant Historia, which isn't even on the list but absolutely should be, is my #2. And just to mention Persona games... maybe Q would be at the top? That game's allot of fun.

Podge

Neo Member
Does Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE count? If so, I’ll choose #FE, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, and Persona 5 Royal as my top three Atlus games. P3R on Xbox Game Pass is making a serious run, though.

And SMT V has been great fun as well. Awesome studio.

Top Bottom