• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your top 5 Ninjas / Shinobi in gaming

SSfox

So who's your Top 5 Ninja in gaming?

I wanted to do it specific for male, we'll do another day one for Kunoichi / female Ninja

Mine:

1- Raven

png-clipart-tekken-5-dark-resurrection-tekken-6-raven-street-fighter-x-tekken-raven-animals-video-game.png

2- Gray Fox

7e6d46129d4635857c89c01d9cef9e77.jpg

3- Shinobi

shinobi-3-495x300.gif

4- Hayate

img-hayate.png

5- Ryu Hayabusa

7d2d3bd50770c52dcd53766743d33100.png

Hoppa

All fighting game characters

Kunimitsu
Taki (Soul Calibur)
Strider Hiryu
Ibuki
Chipp Zanuff

Frank Jaeger, end of story. Special mention to Sekiro, Ryu Hayabusa, Shinobi, Rikimaru and The Messenger.

Edit: How could I forget my girl Taki.

Last edited:

Kusarigama

1. Sub-Zero
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Raiden(MGS)
4. Shinobi(Sega Genesis)
5. Jin Sakai - ghost of tsushima
Hon. mention Sekiro and Rikimaru

Last edited:
Sekiro first run with shura ending
Sekiro second run with Kuro's Charm
Sekiro third run with Bell Demon
Sekiro fourth run with both Kuro's Charm and Bell Demon
Sekiro final run with both Kuro's Charm and Bell Demon but with no damage, no upgrades, nothing and getting the best ending

Last edited:
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Itachi Uchiha
-Uzumaki Naruto
-Akasuna-no Sasori
-My Beautiful black Queen from Nioh 2! The default one is so gorgeous that I have not modified her... Never made another character from the first time I saw her... tried to find her and show you guys but google has failed me.
-Hanzo Asashi... If she doesn't count

I Really don't like Sekiro... Made it to the monkey and was like I'm not good enough for this game. I only have it on xbox(My PS4 broke and a friend gave me his to tide me through till the PS5) I reaaly don't feel like rebuying.

Last edited:
Sekiro.

I played Tenchu as a kid on PS1 and loved it. Other than that I hated anything to do with Ninjas until I played Sekiro because it was From Software, who worked on Tenchu, so I had to play it. I remember there were rumors that Sekiro was going to be a Tenchu spiritual successor or straight up sequel/reboot.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
First post nails it.

We need more games like Tenchu, where the combat is so dull, clunky, and repetitive that it begs the player to actually play the game as a ninja. Most ninja games are just hack and slash titles with people cosplaying as ninjas. Tenchu is the real deal.
proper stealth based ninja games

Rubicaant

1.) Shadow FF6
2.) Gray Fox MGS1
3.) Rikimaru Tenchu
4.) Ryu Hayabusa Ninja Gaiden
5.) Corvo Attano Dishonored (close enough)

Celcius

°Temp. member
1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Mai Shiranui
3. Everyone else like Ayane & Kasumi from DOA, Ibuki from SF, Taki & Yoshimistu from SC, Yugiri from FF14, everyone from Senran Kagura, etc...

cae47d08e3c8cc268bbdc8936de83d64.jpg

Posting Yugiri so that folks don't forget about her^

Last edited:

lachesis

GsFjnAE.jpg

Well, 99% of Ninjas represented in video games are pretty inaccurate. They are mostly sneaky, assassins, not fighting samurais with walking straight into enemy line.
Tenchu, though - at least tries to be one.... so Rikimaru and Ayame (sp.. it's been so long) would be very strong and only contenders.

But being a Sega fan, yes Joe Musashi. Also Ryu Hayabusa - technically they are not really Ninjas, but I love those games.

MiguelItUp

1. Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
2. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
3. Rikimaru (Tenchu)
4. Hattori Hanzo (Samurai Shodown)
5. Grayfox (MGS)

cortadew

GsFjnAE.jpg

Well, 99% of Ninjas represented in video games are pretty inaccurate. They are mostly sneaky, assassins, not fighting samurais with walking straight into enemy line.
Tenchu, though - at least tries to be one.... so Rikimaru and Ayame (sp.. it's been so long) would be very strong and only contenders.

But being a Sega fan, yes Joe Musashi. Also Ryu Hayabusa - technically they are not really Ninjas, but I love those games.
This is pretty inaccurate too, the ninja we all know from media is an invention of Kabuki theater and hollywood.

Real life shinobi no mono were actually spies from the lower class most of the time and they hardly had any training in combat, also there is no evidence their sword the Ninjato was a real Japanese sword.

lachesis

This is pretty inaccurate too, the ninja we all know from media is an invention of Kabuki theater and hollywood.

Real life shinobi no mono were actually spies from the lower class most of the time and they hardly had any training in combat, also there is no evidence their sword the Ninjato was a real Japanese sword.

True, but at I thought at least they did the whole "stealth" part. In reality though - it wasn't as glorified as we think of them. Having said so - that legendary glorification is part of the fun, I have to admit!

Very interesting video if one's into Ninja.

McRazzle

Some ninja were Samurai, and there is some evidence for the Ninjato as a cheap sword for auxiliaries of the Samurai.

Metatron video on Ninja myths

Top Bottom