• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What could Xbox do to turn the tide, lets go crazy (alien space bats)

With the recent showcase for the next generation xbox, I feel that the Xbox brand is declining and wont offer something to really grab the market from Sony and Nintendo.

I wonder what they could do to turn the tide? I'll suggest some crazy thing because we are in a crazy year:

-Microsoft buy Konami, buy Kojima company and the make the next Metal Gear Solid 6 exclusive to series X?

-Minecraft get exclusive to the new Xbox and they launch a handheld console so kid could play it on the go?

-All the next sport game from EA go to Xbox exclusively?

The Fartist

Gold Member
They could develop next-gen games.
iu

The Fartist

Gold Member
At this point?!

They should just use that MS fuck you money and buy all of Sony's studios. They've been courting ex Sony studio devs, but it seems like they've been getting burnt out, fresh out of ideas type of people.

Last edited:
The thing you are looking for that will grab market share is called Gamepass imagine if Microsoft buys WB and put Mortal Kombat and Batman and Middle Earth on gamepass day 1 along with all their other games for 10-15 bucks a month that is how they will take market share.

Breakage

Forget about Lockhart
Leave Xbox One behind
Rebrand Series X to Xbox 4
Secure permanent high quality Japanese exclusives

All of these things require Apple levels of courage.

Games pass is their best play for right now, you get access to all first party and some 3rd party games for $15 a month .....

They can't just pull AAA games like SONY out of their ass because those games take a lot of time to make so in the future they need to improve their exclusive title catalog, but for now offering tons of games at a low price with games pass and offering the best versions of 3rd party games like Cyberpunk by leveraging the power of the series X is their best play.

-Arcadia-

Banned
For a more realistic answer, they should focus 100% on that they're (seemingly) the best place to play third party games. That's what all their marketing should be created around.

Boast about the best version of sports games, Cyberpunk, all the hottest games, and lock those marketing deals down so you can in fact do that.

Nobody is going to buy this system for that first party offering, but if Microsoft can get out of their own way and stop placing awkward looking, or non-impressive games like Vampire: The Masquerade in their graphical promo reels, and focus on that, this could yet be salvaged.

They still have that One X style advantage that's served their image well these past few years. I think they're going to have to deal with Sony first party games that look better than anything third party at first, but that is something to fight back with.

Or they can go to launch continuing to promote an early 2013 beta of Halo Infinite, woke walking simulator, and every manner of underwhelming game, first and third party, as they've been doing, and remove themselves from the market altogether.

Which way, Microsoft?

Jadsey

1. new leadership
2. rebrand the XBSX1X to a proper fucking name
3. Change the form factor so it fits in people’s furniture
4. Drop GamePass - it’s a breeding ground for mediocrity
5. Release decent next-gen games on next-gen hardware
6. Stop embarrassing themselves on social media

Kerotan

1. Rename their console to the PS5.
2. Announce that first to sell 10M wins. 3. Produce 10M consoles at launch.
4. Pay you €399 to buy them.
5. Claim victory.
6. Leave the console market
7. Profit???

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
If they didn't release their exclusive games on PC then I'd buy a XSX. This decision means I'm not dropping hundreds on a new console and instead I'll just be buying Halo.

Saves me money, but can't be good for Microsoft's bottom dollar.

Top Bottom