• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of PS5's look

Actual size comparison apparently

OmOafCM.png
wlk3yMX.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Actual size comparison apparently

OmOafCM.png
Holy shit.

Good luck putting that flat in your media stand. You better have a wide media stand or force PS5 to be in the centre slots (which are often the biggest).

My media is a six slot design. 2 slots high x 3 slots across. Only the middle ones would be able to lay it flat, but that's where my wide BR home theatre unit is and my sound bar.

Atrus

Gold Member
The aesthetic looks fine. Its not as good as the peripherals and definitely look large but its a good look overall. Probably a heavy console to boot.

Now the next big deal is the price of entry. Digital only will be cheaper no doubt but will they make that $399 while the disc version is in the $400-499 range?

Fbh

I think it looks pretty nice.
I like it more than the Ps3, updated Ps4 or Ps4 pro. The OG Ps4 was nicer though.

But I don't really care about the look of the console too much anyway.

MarkMe2525

U.G.L.Y. it don't have no alibi it's ugly.

I for real hate to be negative but man, those horns are off-putting. Every generation I end up picking up a Playstation, and I just hope that it gets a redesign before I do, I would feel a little self-conscious with that sitting on my TV stand.

I think it looks good but in the end I don't really care how it looks like. Only the performance is important and I hope this thing is quiet.

lucius

Better than a mini pc like design. Both look better standing but I doubt I put either upright. I like the black and white . The slim versions almost always look better to me but it’s good for a new console.

Gamerguy84

I really do like it but my first impression was an anorexic batman.

When they showed the other angles I was like OK cool.

Moogle11

Banned
How would that lay down?

Unless they make a horizontal stand.

The left side looks flat to me. They aren’t going to make it uable to lay down when a majority of people are using tv stands with shelves for horizontal components.

Yoda

Eh, I wouldn't call it awful, but really not my cup of tea. Still not sure I'm even getting a console next gen, PC only may be good enough for me going forward as I haven't been to big a fan of either consoles exclusives save Bloodborne.

Nankatsu

The left side looks flat to me. They aren’t going to make it uable to lay down when a majority of people are using tv stands with shelves for horizontal components.

Judging by the horizontal design that is popping on the web, I would say they designed the digital version to stay vertically and the one with the optical driver to stay horizontally.

At least, the one with the optical driver looks better to me by staying horizontallly rather than vertically.

Top Bottom