• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of PS5's look

Aceofspades

Banned
I am interested in seeing the thermal dissipation of this beast 😍

Seems like Sony's engineers went an extra mile designing PS5 .

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I am impressed that sony managed to release a console that is uglier then this thing.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

devDemonik

Neo Member
It looks like a humidifier. Those corners look sharp too and like they could really injure someone. But I do like the look of the white shell over everything as a theme. Still, XBX wins the visual battle this time around.

I fucking love it.

Though it does make me think of Alienware and my Asus Router when I look at it.

It's such a departure from other console designs.

splattered

Ugly. Overly engineered.

Seems like it might be enormous as well.

Still getting one but holy crap I probsbly would have been happier with that recent rumor it was twice as big as ps4 pro and shaped like a Klondike bar haha

Ten_Fold

It’s ok, abit over the top for the design. I wonder if this thing will be as big as the OG PS3. I wish they went for a more simpler design though. If the Xbox Series X can lay flat I think that one looks better imo.

fersnake

looks really good and different, the only downside is i need to change everything to black and white to match it xD

Nankatsu

Official image of the console on horizontal, from Playstation Blog.

Just as I suspected: the one with the optical drive looks more slick horizontally rather than vertically.

ps5-recap-featured-2.jpg

Last edited:
If you look at the stand, it has a different shape for each version. I'm 99% sure that it will be included, and is used both when positioning the console vertically and horizontally.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Not huge on the design. Xbox has the better design this time around IMO.

That said, the only designs from either that I consider to be "bad" are: PS3 Super Slim, the original Xbox One, and now this one. Interested to see it in person.

Also, glossy plastics are awful.

Mojo1990

Maybe in black.

I was hoping Sony would go for a minimal slate design (similar to OG ps4) with premium materials.

hunthunt

Banned
Now thats a console.

Im so glad that they went for the crazy futuristic desing instead of the lame Bluetooth speaker of Ms.

Animagic

Banned
I can’t stand it. The design reminds me of the TECHY wallpapers people put on their android and windows backgrounds 10 years ago.

TheMan

I like it. They had the balls to step away from the usual angular, box-like designs and go with something curvier and more futuristic looking.

It's divisive now but i think it'll grow on people.

Breakage

ps5_on_its_side.jpg

It looks broken as if someone has pulled the case apart and forgotten to put it back together.

Also, where is the actual PS5 logo on this thing?

JLB

Banned
Close cousins

ci6p60m.jpg

Absolutely the opposite. There you have a rationalist, minimalistic extreme design (Tesla) and ... that other thing.
Cant understand how Sony, that crafted the single most beautiful console of all times (ps2) and other good consoles like ps4 and ps4 pro did this.

Top Bottom