• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

The convenience store game on steam,scary game where you work at said title very short like and hr and half on was 2 bucks.
540CBFAF7DA5756AA63B6DAD39713DD284BF5BA9

lachesis

Finally decided to play Castlevania SOTN after 25 or so years. Great opening, but I have no idea what to even do now. Just...wander around until I find the end?

The beauty of this game is that it's little more loose and open than other Iga-vanias.
My take is to push as far as you can on all directions... that you'll eventually get different types of abilities to let you explore further.
Take it slow and grind as you go along - enemies drop some good items and equipments too - so see if you can nab some good equipments to aid your game!

Celcius

°Temp. member
Still playing SNK vs Capcom: card fighters clash. I’ve now beaten the game in both SNK and Capcom versions, and now I’m trading cards with myself between the two versions. Next I plan to fight some versus battles between the 2 to get a few exclusive cards.

The only bug I’ve encountered is that on my second play through (SNK version) my playtime is maxed out instead of showing the actual time. Not a big deal though and otherwise it’s an excellent port and the extra features are very nice.

There are a few rare cards that I want but haven’t been able to get yet like Zero Akuma, Nakoruru, Geese, etc… but I don’t know if I’ll go through the trouble of tracking down ALL the cards. We’ll see though.

This is probably the best $8 I’ve ever spent lol, and I had 500 coins in e-shop credit so it only really cost me $3.

Last edited:

RPS37

Keep bouncing around, but now I’ve landed on The Gunk.
I though it was wack at first but it’s pretty chill and I’m kind of vining since it’s got the relaxing music and easy gameplay loop of simple puzzles and sucking up gunk.
Easy achievements, probably halfway through already. Wouldn’t have checked it out if I didn’t have game pass, but since I do…

Finally have the time to test out an early build of the english translation patch for Wachenroder (God bless this person), an exclusive tactical RPG import for the Saturn that i have always been interested in because of its grim atmosphere and artstyle. It's a great game from the little i've played before, now it's time to really dive in and see.

Hero_Select

After replacing the dead battery on my Pokemon Crystal I've been slowly playing through that on my modded GBA. Hitman Trilogy is on Gamepass so I just started playing that as well. Beautiful lookin' game on a 4k TV that's for sure.

dorkimoe

Just finished Psychonauts 2. never played the first or really knew anything about this game, had a blast. Thanks gamepass!
Now going to do Guardians of the galaxy, a little annoyed by all the unskippable cut-scenes but game seems good so far

Y0ssarian

Banned
Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds - Horizon ZD was the first game I beat this year. Loved it. Would like to knock out the ex pac before Forbidden West drops.

God of War II - finished God of War (2018) recently. Want to play the older ones

Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy - this game holds up really well and is short. In one sitting I collected 37 power cells

Days Gone - people seem to either love or hate this game. I will soon find out if it is ass

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Quake xsx enhanced edition.

Its nice that theres no friction, u can just jump and have a little play

Also halo infinite for similar reasons but infinite is a lot harder at the current areas and difficulty settings.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Halo Infinite MP. Still struggling with my mental game. So much potential squandered second guessing, being hesitant and insecurity. Quite the fascinating introspective journey sigh. Alchohol helps until it doesn't As does lonewolfing

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I’m currently dedicating myself to Ghost of Tsushima which I am overall enjoying but I get so caught up in doing side stuff I struggle. I’m 40 hours in and had a quick blast on Days Gone which I think I’ll play after. My only concern here is burning myself out on Sonys open world third person game style before horizon. I think I’ll leave Days Gone for later.

GoT is overall great though, just playing the PS4 version think I’ll grab the directors cut upgrade on ps5 when it goes on sale. Is Ichi island any good?

killatopak

Fallout 4. I made like two character with hundreds of hours on each of them before. The difference this time is that I bought the GOTY edition and it’ll be my first time experiencing all the DLCs and expansions. Should be fun and will satisfy my craving for exploration again.

Recently finished Metro Exodus and I thought it was fun.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Last time I played Skyrim was on the PS4 Pro, 30 FPS and a lot less modding capabilities than the Series X now.
Have you got all the achievements already? I've slowly chipped away over the years and I think I'll 100%.

Not too difficult to do if you gonna play for 100s of hours anyways, but you miss out on mods.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Have you got all the achievements already? I've slowly chipped away over the years and I think I'll 100%.

Not too difficult to do if you gonna play for 100s of hours anyways, but you miss out on mods.

No, this is the first time I'm playing on an Xbox system (since 360) so the achievements are locked. Not THAT concerned with cheevos, will check out some of the better recommended mods this time.

I can play the PS4 version on PS5 with a fresh set of unlocked trophies. Just not sure I can handle it again, think I've played it on every system its been available for.

There's a few games where I just like roaming around and getting lost in the ambiance, Skyrim is one of them.

For some reason, the often better regarded Witcher 3 is *not* one of those games where I just like exploring. Skyrim is more 'soothing' if that makes sense.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Continuing my Halo/Gears of War playthrough in good pace.

Finished Gears of War Judgement today (was alright I guess but should be played in MP and not SP like I did) and now just booted Halo 5. Really curious about this one as I haven‘t played it before. First 30 minutes remind me more of Call of Duty than Halo though…

Cryio

I just started Jade Empire on PC (ah, old games and the ease of playing them at 4K 120 fps). It reminds me of The Witcher 1 a lot, but way smaller scale, way less ambitious.

The UI and general menus are as much of a mess as Mass Effect 1 trading menus, if not worse. Oof.

Javthusiast

Banned
Mass Effect 1 through the Legendary Edition on Game Pass.

Only ME game I played prior was ME2 back on the ps3 and haven't even finished it. Not because I thought it was bad, it was fantastic, I just kinda stopped and never returned to it.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

I just started Jade Empire on PC (ah, old games and the ease of playing them at 4K 120 fps). It reminds me of The Witcher 1 a lot, but way smaller scale, way less ambitious.

The UI and general menus are as much of a mess as Mass Effect 1 trading menus, if not worse. Oof.
Don't remember the UI being like that on Xbox. As a matter of fact, one of the things I loved most about it was it sublime feel and vibe. But it was a long time ago. At the time, I had a really nice experience with the game. Glad to have it still in my library.

GymWolf

I'm kinda done with mh rise, i need to do the last story rampage mission but my balls are done with that shit mode...

Started nobody saves the world, the latest game from guacamelee devs, it feels overly simple in the beginning but the amount of stuff to unlock is gigantic, and you can mix any ability for any characters, don't sleep on this one people.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I tend to save my JRPGs for summer, but I wanted to get one in before Horizon releases. I tried Ni no Kuni 2, and it wasn't doing it for me. I tried I Am Setsuna with the winter setting and all. But found it really boring. I'll revisit both at some point. Now I'm on to Ys IX. Think I'll stick with one.

In the mood for something specific and so far nothing I've tried has cut it. Maybe I'm just trying to force a JRPG and I'm simply not in the mood. Forcing games has always backfired in the past for me.

Jada_Li

Banned
Horizon Zero Dawn

I finished the main game and am now playing the Frozen Wilds DLC. I'm enjoying the new machines, outfits, quests, storyline, collectibles, Banuk tribe and their locale. I'm not sure if I will, but I'm hoping to learn a bit more about a certain someone who came from this tribe. Quite the interesting character.

Horizon-Zero-Dawn-Sat-Jan-22-20-09-54-2022.png

Horizon-Zero-Dawn-Thu-Jan-6-13-40-33-2022.png

Ultra Donny

Just finished Halo infinite. I liked the game play, was disappointed by the lack of environmental difference and didn't care about the story but I liked it none the less. Now I'm thinking of starting Frost Punk.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m currently dedicating myself to Ghost of Tsushima which I am overall enjoying but I get so caught up in doing side stuff I struggle. I’m 40 hours in and had a quick blast on Days Gone which I think I’ll play after. My only concern here is burning myself out on Sonys open world third person game style before horizon. I think I’ll leave Days Gone for later.

GoT is overall great though, just playing the PS4 version think I’ll grab the directors cut upgrade on ps5 when it goes on sale. Is Ichi island any good?
Yes ikki island is awesome

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Polished off Deathloop, starting up Horizon: Zero Dawn, in the hopes of knocking it out before I get to the sequel.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How is ss4? I didn't like ss3 enough to finish
I heard it was pretty average. This stand-alone expansion pack seems to have been developed mostly by fans, and apparently it's pretty good and closer to the first Sam games than the latest ones.

I'm playing New World now. It has every aspect of what is to look forward to as a benchmark for a first game made from scratch, made on a new game engine, it is great. The graphics are smooth and gorgeous. The lore and setting are both entertaining and innovative. Game mechanics are enjoyable with only a couple of minor exceptions. There is no swimming just literally walking underwater. The jump could be a little better, but you have a phenomenal set of movements for getting over rough terrain.

Overall, if you like pirates, MMO's, or skill-based systems, then this is your game. Thus far they have committed to not being a pay-to-win system, and so far all purchasable items that take real money are all purely cosmetic. New World combines a good mix of new features with some of the better old MMO standards. I have a couple of games in my Steam library that have over 1,000 hours of playtime, I can easily see myself doubling that with New World. I hope you give it a try.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Tried out the demo for Monark. Not the greatest looking game but it's got an interesting premise and combat.
Just like Stranger Of Paradise, Monark is another game I'm interest in playing but its coming in very bad time, it too damn close to Elden Ring's release date.

Top Bottom