• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Infinite and Horizon 5.

Really had a hard 180 regarding the latter. Cars feel heavy compared to GTS and while the presentation isn't to my liking I'm fucking loving it

Last edited:

Bombolone

Gold Member
rsz_geats.png
forgive me, I'm Canadian.
Old habits die hard.

will edit :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Fredrik

Going through Horizon Zero Dawn on PS5, it’s still a pretty game, the moon light can create some of the prettiest forest scenes I’ve seen. I’m past the point of no return now, getting myself ready to play the sequel.

I’ve been playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition too, it’s still such an awesome saga.

marcincz

Disco Elysium The Final Cut

Oh man. That’s very different title than all the rest. I like it (story, characters, created world) and don't like Unity engine (long load time - PS5 version). 3 x had error which closed the game.

Fools idol

Banned

Oh man. That’s very different title than all the rest. I like it (story, characters, created world) and don't like Unity engine (long load time - PS5 version). 3 x had error which closed the game.

It's my favourite cRPG since Baldurs Gate 2.

Absolutely perfect, the final cut is also polish on an already gleaming beauty.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Monster Hunter Rise, for 90 hours. It's my favorite yet, with great monster roster, top new designs and the best maps and mobility to navigate their vertical & open design with thanks to the new palamute companions you can ride and the wirebugs and their mechanics. Farming Anjanath atm 🐉
monsterhunterrise_202wljci.png
monsterhunterrise_202h4jby.png
monsterhunterrise_202tfj96.png
monsterhunterrise_2021zky5.png

Last edited:

lachesis

I think I'm about halfway done with the Odin Sphere. Just started the Oswald campaign.

It's actually taking me a very very long time to complete each character's arc, and by end of Mercedes, I finally figured out some good farming methods for phozons.
(My goal is actually to eat all the food from Maury's restaurant with "bonus" mark by end of each character's storyline. Usually by then, I'm already like level 70+ and so far - I've spent like 40+ hours on the game. Urgh.)

When I was actually playing the chapter of Pooka Prince - it actually felt rather repetitive.... as the battle felt very similar to Gwendolyn - but Mercedes' campaign changed things up nicely with her flying/shooting mechanic.
Now playing Oswald, with Berserk ability - will see how it goes. Starting from level 1, with no carry over is a bit tough... but there are certain things here and there that helps moving things a bit faster.
(Such as Pooka village is introduced much earlier for Mercedes, and for Oswald, from very begninng).

What actually impressed me was the story structure. Each character's storyline is rather simple - but as I go thru each chacters timeline - it's being added like additional layer on top of what has been told before, creating a fuller picture. It is much more straightforward storytelling with no choices given for whom to start with unlike 13 Sentinel - but I can definitely sense the similarity in terms of storytelling by George Kamitami.

Not sure how the end game is going to present itself (I see bunch of unmarked squares in the story section). Looking forward to get to that point.

kingwingin

Been playing these Escape room games by mc2games for the switch. Bought one few weeks back and loved it, just realized they have 2 more out so I picked them up.

Runs like dog shit on the switch but for $2 it's a great Escape room experience.

Mr Hyde

Crash Bandicoot

Did Naughty Dog aspire to create the most difficult platformer of all time? The game is hard as a rock. The 90s didn't fuck around.

Night Trap

One of the worst games I've ever played. I heard it was bad, I mean really bad, but this is absolute dogshit. Can't believe I actually wasted 30 minutes on this crap. The documentary behind it was funny though. The game was so controversial upon its release it created the MSRB rating system. A bunch of sissies in fancy suits is calling for boycott of this game and drags it to court. The good old 90s with moral panic left and right.

A Beginners MP-round with 4 friends of Civ V. This is absolutely not my kind of game, but it's awesomely fun (because we don't play aggressive) and somehow I am in the lead on almost every aspect... just chillin' and tradin' salt and crabs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
How is it? Loved IIX and I'm afraid to play Monstrum if it is disappointing.
If you liked VIII I think you’ll like IX. It’s more compact in terms of exploration, but more traversal mechanics. The plot is more elaborate, maybe not quite as interesting, but definitely more mystery behind it to uncover.

T-Cake

Well I thought Knack was an enjoyable romp but Ratchet & Clank is on a whole other level! I can't wait to see what Rift Apart is like after this one.

The_hunter

Well I thought Knack was an enjoyable romp but Ratchet & Clank is on a whole other level! I can't wait to see what Rift Apart is like after this one.
If you liked ratchet 2016, you will love rift apart, improved in almost every category.

How is the ps5 port? How are the controls, and were there many glitches? I really want to pick this game up, looks amazing.

lem0n

Pokemon Legends Arceus, with some JP version Auto Modellista on the side. Real ones know it's the proper version

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Doing a speed run of Horizon Zero Dawn for the story scenes before the sequel comes out now.

Playing next gen for a year+ only has kinda spoiled me, loading times feel uber long even with a USB SSD on my Pro, noticing a lot of things like frame rate hitching and texture pop-in that I may have ignored when I first played the game in 2017 lol.

drganon

Finally beat tales of arise. Jrpg devs really need to cap final boss sequences at two. Regardless, I enjoyed the game overall. Next I plan on playing Miles Morales.

TitanNut88

I managed to stick with The Last Remnant enough so I can enjoy it. It is not FFXII but it is the closest I've ever played. Battles are very random (same battle can be very easy or very difficult) without your input. Not bad overall...

Playing Pokémon Legends Arceus in parallel. Also a good game but around 10-15 years late.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn. What a fantastic game. Can’t wait to play the sequel! No idea how they’ll be able to make the story sequel interesting, they went all in on the first game, I hope they have some new mystery to unveil.

GametimeUK

Uncharted 4. Hated it on my first playthrough on PS4. I'm enjoying it on my playthrough on PS5. I think the 30fps threw me off on my first playthrough along with the fact I expected more shooting and action from the start. With my expectations set differently and viewing it more as an interactive movie I've been left pleasantly surprised with how much I'm really enjoying the game.

T0minator

Almost done Ys IX I think.

Next I'm thinking Returnal or Hades. I typically hate roguelikes, but these are so highly regarded, I'm going to give each a try. If I don't like either, I think I'm done with roguelikes for good.

Obviously, don't rush through Returnal take each room at a time and utilize the map to make sure you get check every item before heading to the next area. You may come across an item that should really help your game 👍🏼 use that sprint and dodge often 👌🏼

Ghost27

Neo Member
Almost done Ys IX I think.

Next I'm thinking Returnal or Hades. I typically hate roguelikes, but these are so highly regarded, I'm going to give each a try. If I don't like either, I think I'm done with roguelikes for good.
I have Hades still haven't started it im with you on not liking roguelikes. I have played Binding Of Isaac,Enter The Gungeon,Dead Cells,Rogue Legacy and didn't really love any of them.If I hate Hades im shelving this genre for good.Supergiant made Bastion I believe which I enjoyed so maybe Hades will be fun to.

bender

What time is it?
I'm working my way through Max Payne 3 and it is giving me feelings. The action is pretty great but the presentation is kind of awful. The chromatic abrasion and distortion they use to emphasis Max's addiction is annoying as fuck. Narratively it doesn't really feel like Max Payne either and if I have to listen to any more self dialog about my pain killer addiction I'm going to break. Max's character model also kind of sucks, especially after he goes Sinead O'Conner and dons a Hawaiian shirt. I'm also not really liking Brazil as a local. Most of the environments are drab and ugly and there are all sorts of elements that feel wrong, for instance I shot a pad lock in the favela that was easily larger than Max's head. It's fun but it's not Max Payne 2, not even close.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Wrapped up Gears of War 4 yesterday and am now dipping into Halo Infinite. Curious to see how it turned out after the weak Halo 5.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Root-Film.jpg

Not as interesting yet as Root Letter, but I love the art, and I'm only a couple of chapters in so this could still go places.

Andyliini

Beyond: Two Sould on PS4. I don't think I'll play this game more than once.
On my trips I'm also playing No More Heroes 3 on Switch.

GymWolf

Trying to forget that horizon is out in 2 weeks by playing death's gambit afterlife, such a neat metroidvania now that they fixed all the flaws from launch.

Just re played the conduit on wii, after my crash 4 save file got corrupted on ps5 :/

So I started crash 4 again. I read that this is a common problem with the game, and also it crashed (hah) 3 or 4 times prior to that data loss. Game is general seems buggy.

That aside, it does look pretty nice in native 4k, if a tad blurry due to the TAA. I like the added dot shadow to crash, really makes it easier to judge depth which is something the series needed.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The characters look like perhaps they were done by the same folks who've done the recent Fire Emblem games (Awakening and beyond).
I dont think so, the guy who did the character design for FE Awakening is Yūsuke Kozaki, same person who did art for No more Heroes and AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES.

I think character design who did Root Film is same person who did art for 999.
999players.png

Last edited:
Splinter Cell

Started a playthrough of the original trilogy for the first time back-to-back. Already have gone through the first one. Game had some great and creative level design in some places.

I'd ask when "uncle Ubisoft" would do something like this again, but I'd doubt they'd even entertain the thought of doing an old school stealth sequel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom