• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

OuterLimits

Started a new game in No Man's Sky. The evolution of this game from launch is something to behold. Keep and eye out for planet Schmoke and a Pancake and my base, Skin Box.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how different the game is now. I really like how many red/green/blue star systems have no space stations and are completely uncharted. Very few red stars(less than 5%) have space stations and green/blue are about 50/50. Plus some systems now are controlled by outlaws/pirates.

Game still has some flaws, but damn is it so much better.

Forza Horizon 5, again. I bounced off HARD at release; it somehow didn't look good on my PC. Texture streaming bugs, aliasing. Six months and a TAA update later, it is soo much better! I loved FH3 and FH4, and now I think I will love FH5 too.

stn

I beat God of War 3 Remastered (PS4). I give it an 8/10. Everything was very solid but it was very short and the formula was too same-y. Still good though. Going to go for the platinum.

sedg87

Banned
Playing Scratches on PC for the first time. A horror game I've wanted to play for a long time. So far it hasn't disappointed; The atmosphere is fantastic and spooky.

Playing Scratches on PC for the first time. A horror game I've wanted to play for a long time. So far it hasn't disappointed; The atmosphere is fantastic and spooky.
Maybe I should try this, I have a craving for horror right now and there are so few good horror games.

I've been replaying RE2 and 3 remakes... I played some Gunvolt and Hatsune Miku Megamix+ last night. Oh and replaying Sonic 3 & Knuckles by way of Sonic 3 AIR. I'm finding it hard to get into any one game lately so I've been all over the place.

Shifty

Went back to Hyper Light Drifter to double check if I remember what 'signature Heart Machine style' means after playing through Solar Ash.

SA is a great game, but man. Adding voice acting and 'colorful characters' to the quietly beautiful mystery of that universe really precludes it from being on the same level as HLD. That game is something really special.

Please let the next one be good in spite of the early access roguelite trappings and lack of Disasterpiece OST...

hemo memo

Gold Member
I'm doing a Yakuza series play. Finished Like a dragon a while back and only remember very little of the PS2 games so that's why I wanted to play them all now. Done with 3,4,5 remaster then finished Zero and Kiwami 1 and currently playing Kiwami 2.

It has been an enjoyable ride so far but man is going 30FPS suddenly after 5 60FPS games of the same series back to back is an extreme downgrade. I mean I'm slowly getting used to it. I'm still surprised of myself not getting bored playing mostly in the same map but actually it is a positive rather than a negative because of the enhancements between releases from graphics to gameplay and now with Kiwami 2 I can enter the building without loading and a free camera and seamless transition to encounters thanks to the new engine. My only "What were they thinking" moment was with Zero and tying skill upgrades to money instead of Exp.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
3pne4m.png
One of the best pics on the net lmao

Elden Ring & Halo

Duchess

Playing No Man's Sky in permadeath mode. Heading towards the centre of the galaxy right now, so I'm going from one black hole to another each night (fnarr fnarr).

reektann

Finished Mad Max on PC - really enjoyed it and it looked really superb with a nice reshade thrown on and ultrawide.

I wanted more Batman combat after a Mad Max so I've moved onto Batman Arkham Origins now - the only Batman I havent played. Playing on PC 4k on the OLED TV and I'm about 10 hours in. Having a great time and I really like the Christmas setting and it being set 8 years or so before Asylum. It's quite a contained open world before all the bloat turned up from the more modern open worlds, which im really appreciating.

Also started ElecHead on PC - playing on Steam Deck - really impressive design to the levels - played a couple of hours so far.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I am thinking that Guardians of the Galaxy pushes the Series X console like no other game, why I say that is because on Chapter 13 (I think it is) when you are battling ontop of the space-station on foot and fighting enemies all around you whilst what-ever else is going on in the background the game stutters/slows down REALLY badly, I mean like the game it is about to permanently freeze as it can't handle that much action on screen, rarely if at all have I seen anything like it in recent years....I was not expecting that.....or it could just be the game engine itself creaking under-the-pressure...

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
eFootball - really, just the typical scripted mess that is a football game.

Rocket League - fantastic game but I reached my ceiling years ago. I play just for the crack nowadays.

Started Monster Hunter Rise the other day, I don’t mind the grind but I think the lack of combat depth makes it boring to me. Feels like I’m just spamming the 2 attack buttons for an hour. I want to love this series so much though.

Got Elden Ring and Forbidden West on ice but bizarrely I want to replay Skyrim on my Switch Oled for the first time in 5 years :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Reactions: Isa

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Started Monster Hunter Rise the other day, I don’t mind the grind but I think the lack of combat depth makes it boring to me. Feels like I’m just spamming the 2 attack buttons for an hour. I want to love this series so much though.
Then use different weapon, in MH each weapon plays vastly different from each other, for example if you want weapon for more complex combat go with Charge Blade.

I’ve been watching maxamillion_dood on twitch/YouTube (really fun and a genuine video game lover) playing RE2 on PSX and then the remake and it hyped me up so I did the same. I finished RE2 on psx Claire A then Leon B (on my ps3) and now I’m in the middle of playing RE2 remake on PS5 as Claire.

I originally bought a PlayStation for RE2 when it was first released and loved it,hadn’t replayed it since (never played as Leon). I LOVE the classic games. So charming. Surprised at how faithful to the original the remake is. Having a blast. Really curious as to how they show the events of RE2 in the latter part of the game with updated graphics. Seeing scenes I loved as a youngling with new gfx is my favorite part just like in FF7 Remake.

I’m trying to figure out how to buy RE3 classic digital on my ps3 (the shop is shutdown?). I never played it and want to do that next.
CDzzXiQ.jpg

drotahorror

Dead by Daylight. There’s an event going on and I’m losing my mind trying to prestige 3 every killer before an upcoming patch. 26/28 down.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Been playing a lot of games over Xcloud over the past 2 weeks. I am quite surprised due to how well it runs. I use it on my PC with a wired connection though so your millage may vary.
Beat Gears 2/3 (awesome campaigns, better than 4 and 5) and started judgement (meh) Currently going trough Halo Infinite... I think Bonnie Ross may be the biggest hack of all time in gaming. How can a game so expensive be so mediocre by comparison. Graphics are decent, art style and gunplay are great but that campaign design... its repetitive and derivative as fuck. And PC optimization is downright terrible.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Been playing a lot of games over Xcloud over the past 2 weeks. I am quite surprised due to how well it runs. I use it on my PC with a wired connection though so your millage may vary.
Beat Gears 2/3 (awesome campaigns, better than 4 and 5) and started judgement (meh) Currently going trough Halo Infinite... I think Bonnie Ross may be the biggest hack of all time in gaming. How can a game so expensive be so mediocre by comparison. Graphics are decent, art style and gunplay are great but that campaign design... its repetitive and derivative as fuck. And PC optimization is downright terrible.
iam trying xcloud at the moment i got the 2 months for £1. i wish it was better. the image quality is low resolution and blocky despite having fast enough internet speed. there is also a lot of stuttering of the image and audio. i can feel a bit of lag/latency and the controls feel waaay too sensitive. adjusting the settings in game don't seem to help. i was originally playing over wifi on my ipad with bluetooth controller. tried it on my pc with Edge and ethernet cable but still bluetooth. i don't have a cable long enough to connect my controller to the PC and sit down with it.

i just wanted to be able to play Flight Simulator without having to deal with the ridiculous download/install times.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Finished Death Stranding yesterday and had a great time with the game, by far my favorite Kojima work.
But man that ending dragged on and the credits with cut-scenes are wayyy too long.
Kojima, STAHP!

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
about 10 hours into FFVII remake on PC. its stuttering/lagging like crazy now :( it's almost unplayable. increasing to 90 or 120fps seems to have helped.

i'm just at the part where you pick some flowers.

eFootball - really, just the typical scripted mess that is a football game.

Rocket League - fantastic game but I reached my ceiling years ago. I play just for the crack nowadays.

Got Elden Ring and Forbidden West on ice but bizarrely I want to replay Skyrim on my Switch Oled for the first time in 5 years :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Honestly, the oled switch is a game changer, hell of a screen upgrade. I had sold my OG switch but decided to jump back in, blown away by the device now. Picked up DQ11, Arceus, Triangle Strategy and Sentinel 13 just to see how they look, and they look damn fine 👍🏻

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Playing resident evil 3 on series x and sniper elite 5 co op with a buddy. A little bit of lego star wars when chilling.

Just finished 13 sentinels aegis rim on switch which was amazing.

Need to get back into xenoblade 1 but I don't think I stand a chance in getting back into it and completing it in time for 3. I've only done the first area.

Too many games.

sedg87

Banned
Maybe I should try this, I have a craving for horror right now and there are so few good horror games.

I've been replaying RE2 and 3 remakes... I played some Gunvolt and Hatsune Miku Megamix+ last night. Oh and replaying Sonic 3 & Knuckles by way of Sonic 3 AIR. I'm finding it hard to get into any one game lately so I've been all over the place.

Go for it. I've enjoyed it a lot so far and I'm not normally a huge point 'n' click type of person.

Once I've finished Scratches I'll be playing Phantasmagoria again on PC. Also started up Resident Evil Director's Cut on PS5.

GruntosUK

Farming Simulator 2022. I scoffed at the game for years wondering who in the hell would want to sit and play it. Turns out I would. A lot.

I certainly don't think its for everyone but I absolutely love it.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Farming Simulator 2022. I scoffed at the game for years wondering who in the hell would want to sit and play it. Turns out I would. A lot.

I certainly don't think its for everyone but I absolutely love it.
i've never played any of them but would like to check it out. i suppose it does seem silly at first but i can get why people find it relaxing. probably closest games i've played would be animal crossing/stardew. i love AC but can never get into stardew.

Aure

Banned
Mafia: The Definitive Edition. It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn solid.
I had almost 0 expectations after the disaster that Mafia III turned out to be, but they kinda redeemed themselves a bit, except for all the cut content which is a shame.

Also, finishing the 4 scenarios in Resident Evil 2 Remake again for the third time. God, i love that game so much despite the differences and changes.
I just keep coming back every few months since it has been released. It's amazing.

COD: MW2019 Multiplayer, i'll never get tried of Modern Warfare and i'm anxiously waiting for MW2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

amigastar

Total War: Warhammer 2
And trying to install Morroblivion again, lol.

A Aure
Mafia: The Definitive Edition is not bad but the shooting mechanics are a little bit clunky, imo.

Last edited:

Aure

Banned
A Aure
Mafia: The Definitive Edition is not bad but the shooting mechanics are a little bit clunky, imo.
Yeah, the shooting is pretty bad and not satisfying at all, just like in Mafia III.
I don't remember being that bad in the original mafia and Mafia II.
The physics are a bit off too. The bodies of the enemies flying all over the place when something explodes near them, seems exaggerated
I miss being able to ride the train, but i saw that there's a mod for that.

Last edited:

amigastar

Yeah, the shooting is pretty bad and not satisfying at all, just like in Mafia III.
I don't remember being that bad in the original mafia and Mafia II.
The physics are a bit off too. The bodies of the enemies flying all over the place when something explodes near them, seems exaggerated
I miss being able to ride the train, but i saw that there's a mod for that.
Yes, i didn't want to say it so explicit but yeah the shooting is off putting in Mafia: DE.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Today I'm diving into Final Fantasy 12. I played through a sidequest in Final Fantasy 14 that featured one of the characters and that got me hyped to finally buy it.

GruntosUK

i've never played any of them but would like to check it out. i suppose it does seem silly at first but i can get why people find it relaxing. probably closest games i've played would be animal crossing/stardew. i love AC but can never get into stardew.
If definitely give it a try then, I tried it on Gamepass and ended up buying it I liked it so much. I love AC too, I enjoyed SDV but wasn’t mad on it.

FS2022 is a slow game to start and not easy, but once you’re in the rhythm and earning money, upgrading your fleet, expanding to new crops and adding new buildings to the farm for storage, to keep animals and to upgrade production it’s becomes very addictive and rewarding. There’s lots of mods too, console included, so you can shape the game how you’d like once you are familiar with the basics.

Top Bottom