• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not playing a lot lately.

The other day I kicked Bison's ass on Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the Vita. I'm not too much into fighting games but I like this one, the sprites all look amazing and the OST has some nice tracks too.

Yakuza 3 Remastered
Okinawa is peak comfy. Good luck with the combat tho.

I'm at a resort in Costa Rica on vacation. On the airplane and during downtime, like when wife is at spa, or reading books, I've been playing Switch. Finally got around to starting SMT 5.

idPxo08.jpg

It's taking me a bit to get into, but it's becoming enjoyable. I like dungeon crawlers.

I hate that the protagonist totally looks like a girl and I keep forgetting he isn't until people keep calling him "young man".

Fredrik

Spider-Man Miles Morales
It started off kinda so-so but I’m absolutely loving it now. Insomniac are Sony’s #1 dev no doubt, Ratchet and Miles less than a year apart is just plain nuts. Loving the presentation and the setpieces, the bridge falling apart segment blew my mind, felt like playing a movie, so so so cool! 👌

Last edited:

Foilz

Banned
I have close to 500 games between PC, Xbox and Oculus quest that I own but haven't pplayed. I'm trying my best to cut down that number but the steam sales are killing me.

Currently playing
MLB the show 22 -gamepass
Gears 5 -gamepass
Greg Hastings paintball (360) backwards compat
Fortnite no build mode

Spider-Man Miles Morales
It started off kinda so-so but I’m absolutely loving it now. Insomniac are Sony’s #1 dev no doubt, Ratchet and Miles less than a year apart is just plain nuts. Loving the presentation and the setpieces, the bridge falling apart segment blew my mind, felt like playing a movie, so so so cool! 👌
I like MM more than Spider-Man. It felt just as much a full game, but shorter because any excess padding.

Fredrik

I like MM more than Spider-Man. It felt just as much a full game, but shorter because any excess padding.
I haven’t played the first Spider-Man, saw it on PS+ but it was a PS4 version so I went with Miles instead. I’ve heard the length concern on Miles but it seems like a meaty game going by the skill tree size and unlockables.

Last edited:
I haven’t played the first Spider-Man, saw it on PS+ but it was a PS4 version so I went with Miles instead. I’ve heard the length concern on Miles but it seems like a meaty game going by the skill tree size and unlockables.
Yeah, people spinning it as DLC had an agenda.

The Quarry
sXx3vhV.png

Huge fan of Until Dawn and generally SuperMassive's games. The Quarry did not disappoint me, a solid 8/10, not exceeding Until Dawn tho, still.

The settings and characters were all very intriguing, kept me want to know how the plots gonna unfold, the setups and twists were all making sense at the end. The reason it did not uncrown Until Dawn was because the timelines intertwines and weaves were not as strong as the previous title.

The graphic is definitely a highlight, the facial details and animations were so good, it really enhanced the immersion. It is only 30 FPS on PS5, but you know this type of games are basically movies, so it doesn't hurt much.

The funny part is about the Platinum trophy, there is a trophy that is glitched and can't be earned as it is supposed to, preventing you earning the platinum normally. But the trophy hunting community came together and brought up all kinds of theories. After numerous trials and errors, players actually found a workaround to pop this trophy, which is so awesome.

Last but least, I still can't get over the pricing for the game, current gen version are 70 dollars but PC still 60, really? 2K really showed its true color of greedy, which made me actually just rented and beat the game instead of buying. Might buy a digital copy in the future when it's on sale.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m really enjoying ff12. Now I’m glad I never played it sooner because this remastered version has lots of nice enhancements.

kubricks

TMNT with the rest of the family, watching my 6 yo girl mashing her way through the game with April was fun lol.
Also Kirby and the forgotten land, everyone loves Kirby.

Xenoblade Chronicle 1. Want to finish it before 3 come out but it's tough. The side mission is really boring consist of collect this and kill that with no story behind it. Can I not complete them and not being under level?

Replaying Chrono Trigger, still the best pacing JRPG ever. Everything bout the game still hold up to this date.

Skyrim, on switch. Having build variety is good but main story is almost non-existence. Buying/selling/leveling/smiting all felt like chores, accidently activates DLC Miraak quest line and have him steals all my dragon souls. Finally get to him at his temple and get one shot. I guess I am done with the game. ;(

Im playing Returnal on the Playstation Plus extra plan.
The first 30 minutes where impressive but nothing special, was about to quit the game but somehow it grew on me. Now im completly hooked and cant wait to play another run.
I dont know how that happend. :)

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'm about to play Dark Souls for first time, the atmosphere of that game calls me and I like the souls elements I've played in other games, now... Should I get it on Switch or on PC?

I don't care about 4K nor portable, I'll play on a 32" TV at 1.5 meters, and I want 60 fps but some people on internet says the game is better at 30 for some reason so I don't know, I know it was designed with that framerate in mind and that the visuals improvements on PC break the original artistic feel to some and I want to know if that's really true... No matter the platform I'll be getting it today BTW, just asking for additional opinions....

The_hunter

I'm about to play Dark Souls for first time, the atmosphere of that game calls me and I like the souls elements I've played in other games, now... Should I get it on Switch or on PC?

I don't care about 4K nor portable, I'll play on a 32" TV at 1.5 meters, and I want 60 fps but some people on internet says the game is better at 30 for some reason so I don't know, I know it was designed with that framerate in mind and that the visuals improvements on PC break the original artistic feel to some and I want to know if that's really true... No matter the platform I'll be getting it today BTW, just asking for additional opinions....
60 fps feels better.

I don't know if the game on pc has multiplayer anymore, I think they temporarily shut it down because of hackers.

The lighting in the game was changed in the remastered edition. I've played both versions of the game and I didn't notice it being different until I watched a video comparison.

Last edited:

Daymos

Final fantasy 1 pixel remaster. All I heard about the pixel remasters were endless rants about the bad font and high price so I avoided that 'cash grab'. Finally in the steam summer sale I figured why the hell not and I bought the first FF pixel remaster.

Wow! 20 addicted hours in 1 weekend later I love it! The music is great, the graphics are authentic and look fantastic, and that font.. well sure it's basic/ugly but it's freaking text.. it doesn't really matter.

I spent the money and bought 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I'm happy as can be, hit the jackpot.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

go with PC. the game is definitely better at 60fps. i don't know what those people were talking about by it breaks the original artistic feel.... it's an old game now so it looks dated anyway even in the remaster.

definitely don't play it on switch. if you do then only play docked with a pro controller. the 30fps will be a pain in the ass though.

Last edited:

Belthazar

I'm almost done with Sonic Origins, currently on the K half of S3&K and it's been fantastic through and through.

I'm also slowly going through Hob, which is a fantastic game with fantastic atmosphere.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Getting my ass kicked by the boss att the top of the tree in Kena. Game can be brutal.
Yeah, huge difficulty spikes with the bosses. Final boss is apparently alost impossible at the highest difficulty.
Wouldn't be that bad if it was just challaging but (at least back when I played it) it was plain unfair. Remember that bosses often would gravitate tooards you when doing a jump attack and that it was almost impossible to dodge. Dunno if they patched this by now.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
not exactly what i'm playing right now, but yesterday, in order
OMORI
Sonic Robo Blast 2
Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart
Dirt Rally 2.0
Ratchet and Clank

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Booted up TLoZ Ocarina of Time on my Nintendo 64.

Thought I was on a quick nostalgia trip and that I might get bored soon, but far from that I'm quite hooked with the game and also happy that there are some things I don't remember quite as well as I thought, like dungeon's layouts and some puzzles and optional shit.

Game still holds up quite well. There are some bad slowdowns here and there, but the game is still very enjoyable imo.

R0SuwJD.jpg

This on a lazy summer day, peak comfy, I tell you.

TMNT with the rest of the family, watching my 6 yo girl mashing her way through the game with April was fun lol.
Also Kirby and the forgotten land, everyone loves Kirby.

Xenoblade Chronicle 1. Want to finish it before 3 come out but it's tough. The side mission is really boring consist of collect this and kill that with no story behind it. Can I not complete them and not being under level?

Replaying Chrono Trigger, still the best pacing JRPG ever. Everything bout the game still hold up to this date.

Skyrim, on switch. Having build variety is good but main story is almost non-existence. Buying/selling/leveling/smiting all felt like chores, accidently activates DLC Miraak quest line and have him steals all my dragon souls. Finally get to him at his temple and get one shot. I guess I am done with the game. ;(

What level are you? I think it's quite easy to accidentally trigger all the content from this dlc without even knowing it's dlc, and be nowhere near the level to handle it. Shitty design, but oh well, there's so much else to love there. I did the same exact thing you did, but figured out I was way underleveled and just left and came back WAY more levels later (actually too many I think) and handled it just fine. So maybe just don't fight him right now? Just leave and do other stuff and come back in a bunch of levels.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I'm continuing my journey in Elder Scrolls Online with my now level 10 Sorcerer when I found out the Creative Director set all combat on VERY VERY EASY difficulty by default.

So that's why I haven't felt challenged so far and had zero deaths.

Not sure I want to keep going if this is gonna be like a tourist Disneyland ride.

I'm sorry, I've never understood this "greedy" argument. It's a business. Their job is to be greedy. You judge supply and demand to price things at what you believe best to maximize profit.
So their most elite marketing analysts precisely judge and estimate that only PS5 and XSX's demands are worth 10 dollars higher than any other platforms including PC? It's a digital copy era and there is not such thing about shortage of supply.

In the same logic, the game doesn't allow free next gen upgrade, that must be meaning the game is much more demanded than other titles that allows such that people must rush to pay their extra dollars to ensure their get the precious next gen copies. LOL.

I'm sorry, there are some fine arguments justifying the next gen pricing but please don't coach me on basic economies.

Paltheos

Just finished Zwei: The Arges Adventure, in my quest to play every Falcom game from the past 20 years. This one in particular is the oldest one in my Falcom backlog.

The age shows pretty hard on this one. Allot of little annoyances: You randomly lose bits of your inventory (not excluding key items) when you die, which you then need to buy from a merchant to recover). You can only level by eating food, but only the higher grade food is worth a damn and it's much more efficient to trade up for high level food but then you're at mercy to the RNG where you could end up short on food or have useless extra food that doesn't contribute enough XP on its own. Leveling gets expensive too but thankfully while levels are important they're not quite as stingy as Ys games from this era - You can go in a couple levels below and come out ok.

I never could figure out how to consistently trigger high level combos but the battle system is... alright. It's a pretty simple game on the whole, with simple and straightforward dungeons. I was expecting a little more from the soundtrack since Hattori was at Falcom during this period and I loved her stuff in Ark of Napishtim. The soundtrack was a little underwhelming on the whole (not Ishibashi's greatest outing either), but there were a few standouts. Pavel Garden by Hattori is probably my favorite. I'm glad I stuck with the 2008 remixed OST - Jindo's choice of a violin there is perfect but (as usual) most of his arrangements are improvements.

Best part of the game is the script. This is the last game of Falcom that XSeed localized (early 2018 - so well after the original release, again!), and Sara and the team had allot of fun with this one. I imagine most of the characterization was pretty bland and they went the extra mile in sprucing it up. Pokkle, for instance, is a dutiful, earnest, hardworking kid who's good at cooking and enthralled with ancient fantasy and adventure but he also almost compulsively makes puns about nearly everything (something everyone around him openly groans about, much to his confused frustration, because he thinks they're all great!) and he loves older women. Pipiro is a spoiled, narcissistic brat who paradoxically is skilled at magic but hates learning or doing just about anything for that matter if it doesn't provide any immediate benefit to her. She's cynical to the nth degree and will say whatever's on her mind to your face at any particular moment, often undercutting Pokkle's more friendly and polite demeanor during their adventures. The two of them have some big Banjo and Kazooie energy, although I'd say Pokkle's a fair bit smarter than Banjo as, however rude Pipiro's being in any given situation, if she's right he'll usually agree with her or go along with her (just... more politely or under earshot of anyone but Pipiro).

Last edited:

Paltheos

I suspect you've already made your purchase but I'd say PC just... because? I don't know why the game would be better at 30 though and I've never heard anyone say that either.
I played Dark Souls 1 for the first time last year on PC and everything worked fine for me!

Kataploom

Gold Member
I suspect you've already made your purchase but I'd say PC just... because? I don't know why the game would be better at 30 though and I've never heard anyone say that either.
I played Dark Souls 1 for the first time last year on PC and everything worked fine for me!
Thanks, but I already bought it on switch due to being low on budget and it being on sale on the eShop

TintoConCasera

Thanks, but I already bought it on switch due to being low on budget and it being on sale on the eShop
That's one of the two best versions of the game, second to the Prepare to Die Edition on PC, which I think is no longer available to purchase.

The remaster was just bad, they botched the lighting and atmosphere in so many places.

kubricks

What level are you? I think it's quite easy to accidentally trigger all the content from this dlc without even knowing it's dlc, and be nowhere near the level to handle it. Shitty design, but oh well, there's so much else to love there. I did the same exact thing you did, but figured out I was way underleveled and just left and came back WAY more levels later (actually too many I think) and handled it just fine. So maybe just don't fight him right now? Just leave and do other stuff and come back in a bunch of levels.
Hey.
I think I activated the Miraak quest at level 23 and now after going through the black books I am at level 26.
I can probably go do other quest and come deal with him later, but I get no dragon souls now since he steals it all. ;(

Crayon

I think I'm good on Cyberpunk, for now. I was telling myself I would go back for the other endings but I for some reason don't want to go back quite yet. Maybe I'll leave them for a replay some day. 100 hours on that.

So I started playing bloodstained over the weekend. It's too bad that the art, music, and characters are not up the the sotn standard. Not even close. Getting over that though, the gameplay and design shines through. This is a true sequel. One that actually improves on it's predecessor. Loving it so far. I seem to be about halfway through.

drganon

Ai Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative, Monark, and Phoenix Wright- Trials and Tribulations.

Ai is what I'm playing the most right now since I'm really into the story. Monark I've made some good progress and getting close to the first ending. Lastly, I'm on the first case of T&T in Phoenix Wright. Once I'm done with all the cases, I'll have finally completed the trilogy collection.

I'm sorry, there are some fine arguments justifying the next gen pricing but please don't coach me on basic economies.
Why? You need it.

Price is where supply meets demand. There is no "unless you're a mean, greedy company or unless you're super nice and forego profits because it's the nice thing to do".

Last edited:
Why? You need it.

Price is where supply meets demand. There is no "unless you're a mean, greedy company or unless you're super nice and forego profits because it's the nice thing to do".
Lol, obvious I didn't need it, that's why I chose to rent it as supposed to buy.

You are the one playing dualism. The greedy part is they only set 70 dollars for PS5 and XSX/S, not other platforms and that's where my original complains are from.

And there is no sign that they are only gonna profit by setting 70 dollars. You could have a lower profit but with larger sales number you reach the same net gain, that's how wholesales work.

If your argument is valid, why would any digital games ever go on sale? Obviously they don't need to clear stock and only "70 bucks" make them profitable. 😂.

If your argument is valid, why would any digital games ever go on sale? Obviously they don't need to clear stock and only "70 bucks" make them profitable. 😂.
Wow. Okay, if you don't even understand the purpose of sales, then there really isn't any purpose to continue the conversation. I guess these companies are being greedy while not on sale and generous while on sale?

Wow. Okay, if you don't even understand the purpose of sales, then there really isn't any purpose to continue the conversation. I guess these companies are being greedy while not on sale and generous while on sale?
Lol, I was using your argument to point out how ridiculous it is to put games on sale. If you can understand that, why can't you understand why your point makes not sense?
And you keep changing the subject, did I ever say a single word that companies are greedy if they don't put games on sale?
I'm just gonna end the it here, the discussion is not going anywhere sadly.

Why? You need it.

Obviously all publicly traded companies are inherently avaricious. This goes without saying.

When people claim that a company is being "greedy", they are typically trying to say that the company is asking too much relative to the actual value of the product, or they're cutting costs in some way that harms the quality of the product. This type of judgement is where your talk of "supply and demand" meets actual reality and becomes meaningful, as people refuse to buy a game that is perceived to be priced too highly. Now, obviously there are more factors than this when it comes to making profit, but you seem to be denying the very validity of this kind of judgement (or you're being extremely dense and believing that people calling a company "greedy" are assigning some sort of moral judgement)

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Stuck between three grind games:
New World
V Rising
Naraka(Xbox/PC versions)

Haven't jumped into finishing up Vanquish 360 version but roughly half way done.

Probably play more once I get my Q3 steam deck.

angry schitts creek GIF by CBC

Gabe...

Malachai

Got back into AC Valhalla after getting bored and dropping it not long after it came out but this time it's clicked and I'm really enjoying it.
Also doing challenges on Apex which is an exercise in frustration most of the time but when you get a good match there's no other br out there like it imo.

Jaybe

I’ve been working away at AC Origins the last few weeks. Finally finished the main quest line today (plus a few side quests you basically need to do to level up). Good enough. Beautiful world. Solid ‘Witcher 3’ like. Enjoyable wiping camps and fortresses. Feels repetitive fast though. Hated the boat missions. Wish I could turn off the simlish from town people. Transversal is lengthy and not interesting at all though. I think I’ll drop it story completed, and not worry about mopping up quests, locations, collectibles. May take a break for a bit as nothing on game pass is interesting me right now and come back once As dusk falls releases (hope story is good). That or play around with fall guys or rocket league or get something cheap on sale. I’ve got Stranger Things and The Boys to catch up on anyway.

TintoConCasera

Still going through TLoZ Ocarina of Time.

Just went through the Water Temple. Man, I'm having tons of fun but I gotta say, those temples looked way harder and more complex when I was a kid. Still great dungeons tho, they have great level design which I wish I could see in more games nowadays.

I also loved fighting Dark Link! That always was one of my favorite parts of the game. This time I managed to beat him by using only the Master Sword, instead of "cheating" with Din's fire or the hammer. Very cool miniboss with the coolest setting in the game.

Sorry to say, your screenshots don’t reflect your enthusiasm. I’m sure it looks better in motion.

Wow yeah I have to say, I'm sorry to the poster of the screens but ..... damn ..... those look pretty terrible. Are all the textures missing? What's happening to the dirt on the side of the road? Why is that guys hand made of triangles?

Please tell me you just have all the gfx settings turned down the lowest amount possible?

Top Bottom