• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

I'm trying to think of a 3DS game with better tech and presentation, and well...nope, nothing comes to mind.
Ok, sure, for an early 3DS game it looked good. But 3DS games in general are lower budget projects than console AAA games.

I think he's speaking relatively - compared to modern numbered Resident Evil games, Revelations is B-tier.

GeekyDad

Ok, sure, for an early 3DS game it looked good. But 3DS games in general are lower budget projects than console AAA games.

I think he's speaking relatively - compared to modern numbered Resident Evil games, Revelations is B-tier.
Well, if you're speaking relatively in terms of 3DS games (which I assumed was the case), early or later 3DS games, I'm pretty sure it's at the top of the heap. Comparing any 3DS game to a console game is like comparing cherry tomatoes to watermelons.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Played a bit of Embr last night on PS5 with a friend.

This game was giving me nausea and that's never happened for any game outside select VR titles. Couldn't play it for long, but it was fun for a bit.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just beat Baldur's Gate II, or at least the part that corresponds to the base game, Shadows of Amn.

Clocked around 60 hours, did as much stuff as I could find. Since my char is Neutral Good I decided to join the Thieves Guild to help me find Irenicus instead of hearing
what the vampires had to offer, and after Spellhold I chose to went back on ship instead of using the portal, which had some... wet consequences.

Game is amazing. I'm still in awe at how cool and inventive the sidequests are in this game, but the main story doesn't hold back either. Loved visiting so many and so different places, specially on the later chapters where the pace of the main story really picks up.
My favorite sidequets were the planar sphere, escaping (and fucking up) the Mind Flayer's city and that quest about a cult in the sewers of Athkatla.

Now onto Throne of Bhaal. Wonder if it'll be as good.

Last edited:

engstra

Finished The Artful Escape last night. Surprised how little mention I've seen of the game on this forum considering the critic reception it got. Such a neat little game with great music.

Hugare

Replaying max payne 3 on pc at 4k120, what a difference from the x360 version i played in the past...
It's glorious, right?

Shame that the cutscenes are stuck at 30 fps tho, and loading times are long

Game still holds up incredibly well at 4K, and it's one of the best PC ports that I've ever seen in terms of optmization

It can run on a toaster while looking good

SpiceRacz

Currently playing Rayman Origins. Never played anything in the series, except dabbling in the original. I don't care for the art style too much. Everything else about this game is undeniable though. I'll probably buy Legends once I'm finished.

WoodyStare

Finished Metal Gear Solid 3. I’ll admit the game initially kicked my ass with some changes to the gameplay and enemy AI but I became more accustomed to it and ended up loving it just as much as it’s predecessors. I actually found myself switching between the fixed and third person cameras. Sometimes one felt more advantageous than the other, but it was nice having the option, especially during the excellent boss fights. The ending gave me goosebumps.

Just finished Act I of MGS4 and enjoying it so far. I might take a little break from the franchise after this and finally start the Ratchet and Clank games. Forgot I purchased almost all of them for the PS3. For the first game, should I play the original version, or the PS4 remake?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just finished Act I of MGS4 and enjoying it so far. I might take a little break from the franchise after this and finally start the Ratchet and Clank games. Forgot I purchased almost all of them for the PS3. For the first game, should I play the original version, or the PS4 remake?
Play the original and also the remake later.

They are different enough that playing both is fine. Really though you should play all of the main games including Size Matters.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm currently Ch 6 in Xenoblade 3 and just got Soulhacker class. The side quests here huge upgrade compare to pervious games and I'm not just talking about Hero Quests, even standard quests its really well done and does nice job flashing out each Colonies way of life and culture.

Definitely my favourite game I played this year.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's glorious, right?

Game still holds up incredibly well at 4K, and it's one of the best PC ports that I've ever seen in terms of optmization

Yeah, also the cinematics somehow looks somehow worse than ingame graphic...

Loading times are pretty fast on my part.

Last edited:

WoodyStare

Play the original and also the remake later.

They are different enough that playing both is fine. Really though you should play all of the main games including Size Matters.
Figures Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank are the only two I wouldn't be able to play due to only being the PSP versions on the PSN store. Suppose I could read the plot summaries for them before continuing on, assuming I enjoy the previous games enough.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Figures Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank are the only two I wouldn't be able to play due to only being the PSP versions on the PSN store. Suppose I could read the plot summaries for them before continuing on, assuming I enjoy the previous games enough.
Size Matters also had a PS2 version (I played on PSP). Never played Secret Agent Clank though.

I actually don't remember much about the game, just that it was a lot better than I expected.

Hugare

Yeah, also the cinematics somehow looks somehow worse than ingame graphic...

Loading times are pretty fast on my part.
'Cause they are

Cinematics not only run at 30 FPS, but they are really compressed with tons of banding artifacts + low res

Loading times may be fast, but some (most) cutscenes cant be skiped. So despite loading the whole level in 5 seconds, you need to wait for the cutscene to end, which hurts replays

It's probably one of my favorite games of all time. I have to make a thread about it someday. Have finished it 5-6 times already, and I'm planning to replay it yet again soon at 120 fps, now that I have the hardware for it (last time it was at 60 fps)

I live in São Paulo, where the game takes place, so it's very special to me

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
'Cause they are

Cinematics not only run at 30 FPS, but they are really compressed with tons of banding artifacts + low res

Loading times may be fast, but some (most) cutscenes cant be skiped. So despite loading the whole level in 5 seconds, you need to wait for the cutscene to end, which hurts replays

It's probably one of my favorite games of all time. I have to make a thread about it someday. Have finished it 5-6 times already, and I'm planning to replay it yet again soon at 120 fps, now that I have the hardware for it (last time it was at 60 fps)

I live in São Paulo, where the game takes place, so it's very special to me
Since i played the game in the x360 era, i'm rewatching all the cutscenes, so it is not a big problem.

I love the sound of brazilian language, and many words are similar to my language (italian) with some hilarious moments like when this guy is trying to tranquilize the blondie and he says "fica tranquilla" that in italian is literally "calm\chill vagina" :lollipop_squinting:

If you are ever gonna visit italy, don't say fica tranquilla to anyone if you don't wanna get smacked :lollipop_grinning_sweat: (i mean unless you are a gynecologist and you are trying to make relax her labia during a check-in...)

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Finished The Artful Escape last night. Surprised how little mention I've seen of the game on this forum considering the critic reception it got. Such a neat little game with great music.
I liked it a lot too, it's very polished for a smaller title, and it has Carl Weathers as the guy who's helping you.

Bragr

Banned
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.

Ace Combat 7 was awesome, so I went back to this one. Holds up fine, adding the helicopters and bombers works well. The main issue I have is that the dogfighting is overused, you have to go into this close-combat mode on difficult enemies, but it gets a bit tedious to always have to do it. The game seems to be designed around this too, where the top-tanking enemies fly around like idiots so you can't really hit them without using the dogfighting system. It also doesn't quite have that "soaring" feeling of Ace Combat 7, where you fly high over the skies, swooping down through the clouds and getting into the feel of speed and space. Still, good game, worth playing if you like Ace Combat 7.

Spark the Electric Jester 3! This is it! This is THE 3D Sonic all but in name! Anyone with a remote interest in platformers needs this game ASAP. Your expectations will be exceeded its that good

PS5 died. so i started playing more Switch. Back to BOTW. still greatest game of all time. I maybe have 250-300hrs in it or something crazy. And im still running across places on the map i've never seen before.

played a lot of Apex last week with the new character. jumped into Fortnite to check out the Dragon Ball stuff. Got to finish the Destiny 2 season pass.

i tried Far Cry 5 on game pass for a little while.

I'm trying to play BioShock 2 Remastered. But, I'm getting motion sickness.

I'm confused as to why. Last year I played the first remaster with no issues. I had no issues with either original versions on PS3 either.

I'll give it one more shot, but its made me feel ill twice so far.

amigastar

It's glorious, right?

Yes, i love it also. Game still looks great till today.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I started both God of War 2018 and Mass Effect again. Been getting sidetracked by random PS1, PS2 and PS3 games on PS+. That top tier just has so many games to play.

On a side note, the PS1 and PS2 emulator display settings for those old games are complete ass. Sony wat r u doin?

I started both God of War 2018 and Mass Effect again. Been getting sidetracked by random PS1, PS2 and PS3 games on PS+. That top tier just has so many games to play.

On a side note, the PS1 and PS2 emulator display settings for those old games are complete ass. Sony wat r u doin?
What's wrong with them? Seemed fine to me. The complete lack of PSP, PS1 and PS2 games isn't though.

ReBurn

Gold Member
What's wrong with them? Seemed fine to me. The complete lack of PSP, PS1 and PS2 games isn't though.
They're either blurry, blocky or scanlined to death. The scanline option feels the least offensive to me, but it could be more subtle. It didn't stop me from playing Tekken 2 for like 6 hours.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Miles Morales is coming to its end. I really enjoy these smaller games from Sony, like this or Lost Legacy or Demon's Souls. It's a nice change of pace from all the open world games they are releasing. 10-20 hours of fun is all you really need sometimes.

Meave

Neo Member
Way of the Hunter, can’t believe nobody is talking about this game, a next gen hunting game that looks amazing and runs at 120 fps on the Series X. I didn’t think I would like this genre, but I feel in love with Call of the Wild and this is a sep up. Sometimes it‘s nice to chill out on a game every once in a while.

just grinding away single player diablo 2 switch.

after beating it with my hammerdin, halfway through hell with my sorc & druid, and my other characters dispersed throughout the rest of the game...i'm really just bored at this point. I'm trying to cut out/reduce gaming in my life so its helping me ween myself.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Resident Evil Village for the first time. Gorgeous game, and a lot of fun. But not exactly as advertised, or at least what I thought it'd be.

hollams

Gold Member
I recently bought a Logitech G Pro X Superlight Wireless Gaming Mouse and it's amazing. I can't believe how light and responsive the mouse is.

I just finished Metroid Prime on PC using a mouse and Keyboard and it was amazing. Onto Metroid Prime 2.
Played a bit of TitanFall 2 on PC and that game is still awesome.

SSfox

My usual Fighting games and Genshin (super excited for 3.0)

Been quite hard to find a game after Persona 5 Royale. This game make everything look like a lowtier joke.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Gold Member
Finished Crysis 1 & 2, Crysis 1 definitely feels like a game off it's time, I can imagine it was excellent in 2007, but it's just kinda okay now.

Crysis 2 was better gameplay wise, but towards the end, I was sick off the setting & the alien enemies.

Ryse, booted it up for a game pass quest, ended up getting quite into it and getting my last couple acheivements to get the full 2000gs.

Outriders, booted it up for some game pass quest, and then got quite into it, got all but one acheivement from the base game now, really enjoyed myself.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Dragon Warrior 7.

Roughly 14 hours in, using a Prima strategy guide PDF. This is a deeply flawed game but I'm having fun with it. Gonna make some gifs and update my thread on it at some point.

I think I'll finish it, the guide is making it incredibly streamlined.

Jaybe

Outriders, booted it up for some game pass quest, and then got quite into it, got all but one acheivement from the base game now, really enjoyed myself.
I liked the game play of Outriders a lot. Very gears-like, but more aggressive. I think it’s underrated. I played through twice with two different classes. Might give it another go before it leave Game Pass.

bender

What time is it?
I liked the game play of Outriders a lot. Very gears-like, but more aggressive. I think it’s underrated. I played through twice with two different classes. Might give it another go before it leave Game Pass.

I played it in co-op with a buddy and had a great time up until the final two bosses. We had to tone down the difficult a bunch. The loot customization system is pretty great.

I'm playing Quake 4 on Steam Deck and just started Metal Gear Rising on my XSX. I forgot how metal that first chapter is. lol

Hambone

Days Gone (PC) and Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition (Xbox).

Days Gone - Had this in my lineup for awhile, but finally getting around to playing it. About 12 hours in, and I would say I'm enjoying it. There's somethings I don't like about it, but overall can see myself finishing it.

DQ11 - Played 24 hours so far, and I like where it's going so far. The characters (and the really well done voice actors) have grown on me as well as all the cartoon-like monsters and standard JRPG story telling tropes. At least this one doesn't have a creepy porcelain little girl that ends sentences with "kaaaaaaaay".

Honorable mention: Power Wash Simulator (Xbox). I love listenng to podcasts and this is the greatest game to play while catching up on episodes.

snatcherjunker

Neo Member
Dragon Warrior 7.

Roughly 14 hours in, using a Prima strategy guide PDF. This is a deeply flawed game but I'm having fun with it. Gonna make some gifs and update my thread on it at some point.

I think I'll finish it, the guide is making it incredibly streamlined.
DWVII is one of my favorites and was actually my first Dragon Quest games in the mid 2000s since I didn't have a Nintendo or Super Famicom. It's a fun game that really grows on you once you get past the puzzles in the beginning and start to really go adventuring. It's a massive game really. It does have quite a bit of backtracking though.

I'm working on beating Dragon Quest XI right now on the PS4 (playing on PS5) and finally at the end of the main story. I beat it before on PC a few year ago and swear it was easier. I'm level grinding it out now though for the boss.

anthony2690

Gold Member
If you're in the UK, it can be picked up brand new for £3 at Asda (Xbox/ps5)
& Is 7.99/9.99 at most online retailers.
I ended up grabbing a copy whilst it is cheap, I would have never touched the title if it wasn't for game pass though, but it surprised me for sure.

Hohenheim

Just finished Stray, and currently into Thymesia on ps5. Like it a lot so far.
Also playing Dranius and cyberpunk on PC, and reading The House in Fata Morgana on the Switch.

Top Bottom