• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Hestar69

I'm currently Ch 6 in Xenoblade 3 and just got Soulhacker class. The side quests here huge upgrade compare to pervious games and I'm not just talking about Hero Quests, even standard quests its really well done and does nice job flashing out each Colonies way of life and culture.

Definitely my favourite game I played this year.
that's awesome to hear! I've played a little of xeno 1 and 2 and man,they give you SO many side quests and my OCD I wanna do them all and I jsut end up stopping and playing something else sadly.Really need to get back into them

I've been playing PUBG,little bit of fall guys and Trying to beat chrono trigger for the first time ever (currently 16hrs in)

Continuing Xenoblade; no idea which chapter number I'm at, just reached Frontier Village.

Dunban still the best, Melia is interesting, the guy Shulk met a bit before is sus as heck. The cinematic you see when entering Makna Forest seems to be confirming one of my suspicions, too.

Still liking this game a lot more than the second one.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Playing the campaign on anthem atm.

Felt like trying destiny 2 again despite didn't like it in the first place. Still don't like the gunplay and the greed.

But it took me back to warframe again after a long break. Truly amazing and underrated game.

Mobilemofo

Flipping between finishing ghosts of Tsushima, and the bloody gore fest that is Doom eternal. I had forgotten how nice this game looks. Textures are very nice, and the sound design is great. On sale right now too for £20. Bargain.

Wohc

Banned
After all the hate in the 600k thread Cooking Simulator and i'm loving it. Nothing better than serving a fish that i droped 3 times on the floor and still get 4/5 stars :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Also Two Point Campus.

fart town usa

Gold Member
DWVII is one of my favorites and was actually my first Dragon Quest games in the mid 2000s since I didn't have a Nintendo or Super Famicom. It's a fun game that really grows on you once you get past the puzzles in the beginning and start to really go adventuring. It's a massive game really. It does have quite a bit of backtracking though.

I'm working on beating Dragon Quest XI right now on the PS4 (playing on PS5) and finally at the end of the main story. I beat it before on PC a few year ago and swear it was easier. I'm level grinding it out now though for the boss.
Nice. I have a save in DQXI too, need to get back to it, probably this winter. Great game, so relaxing to play.

• Finished Stranger in Paradise last night. Absolutely loved it. Going back in for the endgame now, and DLC.
  • Playing through Soul Calibur 2 weapon master mode slowly off and on.
  • THPS 1+2 a little bit
  • Rollerdrome a little bit
  • Midnight Fight Express in 4 days, but it's short so I'll beat that.
  • Slowly making my way through Live A Live, which works since it's fully episodic. Nearing the end of Imperial China. Probably will finish that and maybe start Prehistoric Era this weekend.

20 days until Splatoon 3 so probably not enough time to truly start another large game.

Last edited:
On steam deck:

Gothic 1 with dx11 engine mod and textures
(amazing game, the other 2 are great too. It was so ahead of its time for a 2002 Era game)

Urbeck - puzzle based city builder

Geomoetry wars 3 - awesome twin stick shooter. Had it on vita, got it on the deck.

Fear 1 - amazing fps, ai and lighting are top notch.

Will soon start:
Expeditions rome, turn based rpg.

On switch:
Tales of iron
Not much lately due to getting the steam deck.

PC: farthest frontier. Amazing colony survival Sim like banished or anno. Made by Crate, Grim dawn devs.

God of War: Ascension
Quite enjoying it.
Your ps3 still works? Or psnow? My ps3 wifi/Bluetooth chip is broke and controllers batteries are no good. Had to buy a wired controller.

Sucks that a ton of good games never got ported.
Gow ascension is the one I didn't play. I started it but it wasn't grabbing me.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Ace Combat 6 [Xbox Series X]
Not only is all the DLC removed from the MS store - but the entire game is too. Im assuming because of jet licenses? Good thing I bought it and the DLC digitally years ago. You could still use the disc of course.

Still one of my all time favorite games and really was a leap (technically) from the PS2 game in certain areas like draw distance and the amount of enemies and simultaneous operations around you. AC6 still looks beautiful - some missions with stormy weather below but you can fly up above the storm into the sunny clouds - pretty mindblowing even today.

This game always got a bad rap and I have no clue why. Perhaps because it was Xbox exclusive - jumping ship from PS for this one single entry? Ive finished it dozens of times at this point. I even prefer it to AC7 in many ways.

I did a full Ace Difficulty run - S rank all missions and found all hidden aces - all while mostly using the now unobtainable DLC jets.
I even discovered some stuff you can do to Strigon Team ive never seen on any youtube vid or otherwise. Currently working on some Youtube videos of my own for it.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Your ps3 still works? Or psnow? My ps3 wifi/Bluetooth chip is broke and controllers batteries are no good. Had to buy a wired controller.

Sucks that a ton of good games never got ported.
Gow ascension is the one I didn't play. I started it but it wasn't grabbing me.
They had that online pass if I remember correctly. It was interesting playing God of War online. The weirdest part of Ascension was the magic/weapon system. You’d swap magic types to your blades. It was good, but it also felt super weird. It’s been ages since I finished it, probably back when it came out. It had some interesting level design.

bender

What time is it?
Ace Combat 6 [Xbox Series X]
Not only is all the DLC removed from the MS store - but the entire game is too. Im assuming because of jet licenses? Good thing I bought it and the DLC digitally years ago. You could still use the disc of course.

Still one of my all time favorite games and really was a leap (technically) from the PS2 game in certain areas like draw distance and the amount of enemies and simultaneous operations around you. AC6 still looks beautiful - some missions with stormy weather below but you can fly up above the storm into the sunny clouds - pretty mindblowing even today.

This game always got a bad rap and I have no clue why. Perhaps because it was Xbox exclusive - jumping ship from PS for this one single entry? Ive finished it dozens of times at this point. I even prefer it to AC7 in many ways.

I did a full Ace Difficulty run - S rank all missions and found all hidden aces - all while mostly using the now unobtainable DLC jets.
I even discovered some stuff you can do to Strigon Team ive never seen on any youtube vid or otherwise. Currently working on some Youtube videos of my own for it.

I'm not sure I ever played AC6. I loved AC4 on PS2. I find AC7 oddly difficulty on normal and missions that require you rack up a certain amount of points by shooting ground targets just take the wind out of my sails when trying to make progress.

Naked Lunch

I'm not sure I ever played AC6. I loved AC4 on PS2. I find AC7 oddly difficulty on normal and missions that require you rack up a certain amount of points by shooting ground targets just take the wind out of my sails when trying to make progress.
Yeah those points missions are slogs. Not all AC games have those kind of missions actually. Make sure you are selecting the correct special weapons to clear them - usually a multi target ground attack works. Ace Combat has traditionally been a pretty difficult series where one mistake and its game over.

AC6 isnt as good as the PS2 games but its still great. If you have the means - give Ace Combat Zero a try on the PS2.

Duchess

Previously finished Tales of Arise. The final parts of that game took it from an 8/10 to a 5/10 in my opinion.

Played and finished The Pedestrian. Rather good fun, and not too difficult. Some puzzles was head scratchers, for sure.

About to try out Raji : An Ancient Epic.

sedg87

Banned
Playing Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. A few hours in and I'm very close to uninstalling it to be honest. Every single attack in the game is one shotting me, even regular enemies. Only playing on standard mode. Beginning to boil my piss.

Been playing a bunch at the moment. I got myself PS Plus Premium and I'm really enjoying it. They got some really good games on there I hadn't played yet.

Right now I'm playing a game called Ashen which is similar to the Souls' series style of gameplay and very addictive so far. Enjoying the art style as well.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Still playing through Vampire Survivors. The game has some deep secrets it seems. Every session I feel like a peel back another layer. Not sure if I will 100% it but I'm at 70% unlocked achievements.

Also started Into the Breach back up to start work on the new achievements from the last update.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Just playing through a local co-op campaign of Doom 2 with my 14 year old son.

He completely disrespected the game on first sight. Thought there was no way a game that looked this old and "basic" could be hard, so he demanded Nightmare difficulty.

At the moment he's dying every few minutes! Ha, not so easy is it, you fucking gen Z Beta! Welcome to real gaming.

Finishing up Bloodstained: RotN. Great game that has everything I could want in an Igavania if maybe a bit too much - particularly the shard system.

Also just started Ghost of Tsushima. Just a few hours in now and can already tell it's going to be one of my favorites.

The_hunter

Finishing up Bloodstained: RotN. Great game that has everything I could want in an Igavania if maybe a bit too much - particularly the shard system.

Also just started Ghost of Tsushima. Just a few hours in now and can already tell it's going to be one of my favorites.
There's a journey cross over for bloodstained coming out soon.

Fredrik

Started over in Elden Ring, trying out easy mode with an astrologer build. Zapped Margit on the first try. 👍

Hating/Loving my way through Returnal as well. At times I think it’s among the best 3D action games I’ve ever played. And at times I think it’s among the worst games I’ve played. But without using the save trick I would never recommend it to anymone.

Started over in Elden Ring, trying out easy mode with an astrologer build. Zapped Margit on the first try. 👍

Hating/Loving my way through Returnal as well. At times I think it’s among the best 3D action games I’ve ever played. And at times I think it’s among the worst games I’ve played. But without using the save trick I would never recommend it to anymone.
I felt the same about Returnal. Except the hate part. The game was amazing the entire time without resorting to save/tricks.

Fredrik

I felt the same about Returnal. Except the hate part. The game was amazing the entire time without resorting to save/tricks.
Just so you know, everyone who finish Returnal without using the save trick are getting God gamer status in my world, especially those who did it at launch before the pause cycle update.
So enjoy that mr Captain Toad God. 👍

Someone mentioned that trophy stats showed that 17% had beaten level 2. That says it all really. It’s such a difficult game. Literally makes FROM games seem like kids games. Not only do you need to learn how to deal with enemies and boss patterns etc as with other difficult games, you also need to deal with frustration and stress since knowing death at a late level boss will send you back to level 1, it’s testing your mind on a whole other level.

In FROM games you at least have a save point relatively close by and you can reclaim your souls and still have your upgraded weapons after death, that’s Nintendo kids mode hand-holding in comparison to Returnal.

It is a masterful game when you use saves though. I love so much about it. The closest to a 3D Metroid anyone has ever been. A game without the loop story and with Metroid style save rooms and better enemy variety would instantly be up on my all-time top 10.

Last edited:
AE9hFPj.jpg

engstra

Holy moly, this is game is a let down.

The combat is unbelievably clunky, the enemies can stun-lock you to death, the main character moves like she has arthritis (and can't run), and it's very, very linear.
Yea I really wanted to like this game but it just falls so flat in terms of gameplay. Felt like all the game was was traversing from combat to combat arena

Just so you know, everyone who finish Returnal without using the save trick are getting God gamer status in my world, especially those who did it at launch before the pause cycle update.
So enjoy that mr Captain Toad God. 👍
It isn't as hard as you might think, especially if you're using save/trick. I died a ton, but your character gets significantly stronger, more than is obvious just by playing.

After getting the platinum, I started a new game from scratch and was shocked how much more difficult it was than what it was like going through on my original character with so much stuff upgraded.

The game is definitely a rouge-LITE. It just isn't as transparent about it as stuff like Rouge Legacy.

kubricks

Tales of Vesperia DE, playing mostly in bed on Nintendo Switch.
Felt really slow in the first chapter but it gets better as the game move on. 30hrs in and the combat gets pretty fast pace with lots of options, still not TOD DC or TOD2 good but I will take it.

Fredrik

It isn't as hard as you might think, especially if you're using save/trick. I died a ton, but your character gets significantly stronger, more than is obvious just by playing.

After getting the platinum, I started a new game from scratch and was shocked how much more difficult it was than what it was like going through on my original character with so much stuff upgraded.

The game is definitely a rouge-LITE. It just isn't as transparent about it as stuff like Rouge Legacy.
I think it’s super hard but I can kinda see what you mean by it getting easier the more you play. I died on level 3 boss and lost the save because I was dumb and was just ”Nope, no more” when I realized I had to play from level 1. But I went back and is back at the boss on level 3 now after just a few hours without having too much issues, probably because of the permanent upgrades I’ve raked in from playing so much. I’m way above 20 hours total now.

The rng on weapon loot are messing up this cycle though, I mostly get the rot lobber thingy but on the boss I want something with better range. I need to explore some missed rooms and just have to hope for the best there.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
After Baldur's Gate II, which was fantastic, I went on to try Pillars of Eternity. I don't know, I appreciate all the QoL things compared to BG2, but so far (barely 5 hours in) this one is quite boring compared to BG2.

amigastar

After Baldur's Gate II, which was fantastic, I went on to try Pillars of Eternity. I don't know, I appreciate all the QoL things compared to BG2, but so far (barely 5 hours in) this one is quite boring compared to BG2.
I really liked Pillars of Eternity. It made me even read books again.

Stranger in Paradise post-credits end game is kicking my ass. Lots of grinding. It's true that this is all required to access the DLC storyline. Definitely not there yet.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Really close to finishing my first run through Cult of the Lamb. Been taking it slowly and trying different builds out with the cloaks.

RaptorGTA

PC:
Farthest Frontier
Anno 1800

Switch:
Cult of the Lamb
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (stuck on a boss toward the end of the game..boo)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Started Digimon Survive on Switch. only a couple hours in so far. Really wish there was english voice over but its fine.

Also on Switch im playing FFVII. just got to the point where the remake ends.

Started Digimon Survive on Switch. only a couple hours in so far. Really wish there was english voice over but its fine.

Also on Switch im playing FFVII. just got to the point where the remake ends.
You got to the point where you fight Sephiroth and alternate timeline versions of yourself and Zack is shown surving in a different reality?

Top Bottom