• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What handheld games would you like to see make the jump to consoles with a remaster/sequel?

KàIRóS

Igavania: the thread

Also more people need to experience this one:

aFAOKeN.jpg

I was hoping that the wii u would have gotten a peripheral to allow NDS games. We had it for all other Nintendo handhelds before the NDS, but the dual screens plus touch screen makes it impossible unless it was wii u. But that things deader than Google stadia so no luck there.
To answer the thread I would love to get hotel dusk and Castlevania NDS games on the big screen.

JimboJones

I was hoping that the wii u would have gotten a peripheral to allow NDS games. We had it for all other Nintendo handhelds before the NDS, but the dual screens plus touch screen makes it impossible unless it was wii u. But that things deader than Google stadia so no luck there.
To answer the thread I would love to get hotel dusk and Castlevania NDS games on the big screen.

I know it's not official but I think with homebrew you can inject ds Roms into the ds emulater they use on WiiU

I'd like to see Fantasy Life on the 3ds brought to the switch, but made into an even larger scale game. Had a lot of fun with that game.

Saber

Shaman King Master of Spirits 1 & 2, Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow & Order of Eclesia, Yu Gi Oh DS Champioship 2010, Bomberman Max Blue and Dragon Quest Monster Joker.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Freedom Wars! Except on PC, so I can play with keyboard and mouse. Unlikely, as it's a Sony property ;p

Virex

Banned
SMT - Strange Journey
Radiant Historia
Bravely Default
Handheld Castlevania games.
Hotel Dusk and The Last Window (Both are among the best stories in games ever)

Make it happen EviLore EviLore

Last edited:

Belmonte

All of them!

It is not laziness of my part for not pointing a particular game I wish to have a console port. I literally mean every one of them.

Despite loving many portable games -GBA is one of my fav consoles ever- I'm not a huge fan of small screens. If it was up to me, every game would be ported. Golden Sun, Castlevania, Contra... it doesn't even need lame filters. Just port them in its pixel glory!

K1Expwy

I really liked Metal Gear Ac!d's gameplay (the story was whatever, and I would have preferred something closer to mainline MGS). I'm obviously not expecting a revival or remaster at any point in time.

T-Tan

Neo Member
Maaan, I would really like to see Ghost Trick in full HD.
The game was done in a similar manner to DKC games, by rendering everything in 3D then making low resolution sprites. It shouldn't be too difficult to redo the sprites in higher resolution. You can kinda see what it could look like at the beginning of this trailer.

Next year in June should be it's 10th anniversary, and I really hope Capcom would do something about it.

Also Hotel Dusk and The Last Window.

Mato

Many GB / GBA games, including the Metroids and Castlevanias but I'd rather they didn't update the graphics with 3d.

Kirby 2 Game Boy... and Mario Golden Coins and Wario 3D. But it'll never happen since it'll only make more people aware about Nintendo's true legacy and how there games have become boring and trash over the last 20 years.

Codes 208

Dragon ball fusions.

i would kill for a sequel on switch.

(or remakes of Legacy of Goku 2 and Buu’s Fury.)

Last edited:

Zannegan

Kid Icarus: Uprising, forever. That game was criminally underserved by the 3DS hardware, and yet it was still a blast.

The only question is, are the joycon's joysticks good enough for the aiming required, and, if not, will the Switch's successor have better motion tracking? Gyros are fine for tweaking aim in an FPS, but as the main aiming input (especially in something as frantic as KI:U) they'll introduce way too much drift over time.

Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78 mentioned the Killzone game on Vita so I'd like to mention the Killzone game on PSP, Liberation. They could easily turn it into a twin-stick shooter and skin it over a co-op loot shooter a la Alienation and they'd have a winner on their hands. C'mon Sony, isometric twin-stick Killzone Liberation 2.

Since Okami gets a ton of ports and re-releases, it's about time the sequel Okamiden finally escapes its DS prison and gets a proper console remake.

I'd love if Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, and Donkey Kong Game Boy (DK '94) each got the same treatment as the recent Link's Awakening, each done in their own art style, of course.

Blood of Bahamut would be another interesting one to see remade in proper HD graphics:

Patapon 4, LocoRoco 3, Patchwork Heroes 2, any Japan Studios work is more than welcome. Not to mention What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? 3.
Hello fellow PSP lover, passing like ships in the night. Patapon 4 and Patchwork Heroes 2 would both be a dream come true for me. Criminally underrated little games.

Last edited:

Tahj

This would be nice to play in between Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1 and 2.

TBH I'm hoping a ton of CC gets incorporated into FFVIIR, though I'm not holding my breath Granted, I felt that some CC characters were far too one-note, but I absolutely loved learning more abt what happened leading up to FFVII.

Metroid II remake but don't make it shoddy this time.
((hardstare at screen)) ((scratches head)) I mean, to each their own, but I had a great time with the 3DS game. Is this like a "shoddy" in terms of 9.0-10.0 like all Zelda games where the shoddiest is still phenomenal, or is this a "shoddy" on a full scale?

Top Bottom