• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to MGS Online?

neptunes

Didn't you ssay you wouldn't direct any more MGS games?

"I'm kind of embarrassed that I said that. Right after I finished MGS2, I whipped up a rough game plan of Snake Eater. I gave it to my staff and asked, 'Who wants to direct this?' No one volunteered-they were afraid of the pressure." Thankfully, someone did step up to direct Metal Gear Solid Online-Kojima is merely producing that game.

This game slipped of the radar and I've never heard of a journalist asking him about it, no even at e3.

Did MGS 3's greatness overshadow anyone's interest in the game? :)

Where's that quote from? I knew that Kojima was planning on making a Metal Gear Online, but I didn't think that it had gone into production yet.

BeOnEdge

Banned
it got thrown out the window with all of other ps2 online stuff like streaming music videos and aol ps2 and music on teh hard drive. :)

I don't think it's actually in development yet. Last time he really talked about it he said they were still figuring out exactly how it'd work. He also mentioned that the people interested in making the game are big Counterstrike fans, and that Solid Snake wouldn't be a playable character since too many people would want to be him.

Top Bottom