• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best Back to the Future film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
2 was awkward with the way they got around not having Crispin Glover and the scenes involving his character.

'Aggghh out on the golf couuurrrseee'

(When I was 8 and watching it I didn't notice until after a good few times. I wasn't the sharpest tool in the box)

sp3ctr3

When I was a kid the 2nd movie was my favorite because of all the future stuff. These days it's the first movie hands down.

1>2>3

What I'm getting from people who are talking shit about III is that they don't like classic Westerns.

Nope. Part 3 has some vaguely ok moments, but overall it kinda stunk. As far fetched as that series got, even as kid I scratched by head at the flying train time machine at the end. Doc Brown who was obsessed with discretion and whose arc landed him on wanting the Delorean destroyed, and couldn't find gasoline and used a room-sized machine to make ice - somehow builds a flying time traveling 19th century locomotive.

Also the love story was booooooorinnngg. Two people humorlessly destined to be happy forever are not fun to watch for 90 minutes when compared to Marty frantically fleeing an unknowingly incest-laden high school obsession.

Additionally, Marty spent way too much time dealing with his "temper" - being lectured by a lame pussy Irish ancestor and bitch wife.

Finally, just getting back to 1985 (or Jennifer) is much lower stakes for Marty compared to fighting his own fading existence and stopping this...

biff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom