• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best PS5 color?

Which PS5 "Console Covers" color is the best?

• White

• Midnight Black

• Cosmic Red

• Starlight Blue

• Galactic Purple

• Nova Pink

Results are only viewable after voting.

Outlier

The reverse oreo! I love the contrast between the light and dark.

Yes I know the uniformity of the black on black with highlights seems nice, but it's just boring to me.

Lone Wolf

Black is best. I don’t want this console to stick out like it does with the white and the black really helps with that.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I like the purple;

pancakes-prince.gif

skit_data

I prefer the white plates.

I’d like to have plates that change the original shape instead of just the colors, in that case I’d go with black ones. I always think of Saurons tower Barad Dur when I see the black ”original”-shape sideplates.

Last edited:

MacReady13

I pre ordered the black cover and the purple controller. Once purple cover becomes available I'll grab that as well.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I like that Purple a lot.

Red is my fav color and I wouldn't call that PS5 "red." Looks weird.

Ryu1999

It's too bad you can't choose a color shell and custom lights- I would choose black with lots of purple lights everywhere, which is my favorite look for nearly any sci-fi armor. 💜

Darkplates have custom lightstrips and colors

RoadHazard

Gold Member
White or black. I really like them both, but white fits better in my living room, so I'm probably keeping it that way.

All the other colors are way too garish, the only one I could MAYBE consider is the red.

FrankWza

Besides some kind of themed cool edition for a Sony game, I’d like to see the same color gunmetal as the MGS4 PS3 console and controller they released. It was a really nice color.

kyliethicc

Wonder how Sony will handle the Spider-man PS5, cause we know its coming in 2023. Will it be just covers or a full console bundle?

4KxwEPf.jpg

waVGI0B.jpg

FrankWza

Wonder how Sony will handle the Spider-man PS5, cause we know its coming in 2023. Will it be just covers or a full console bundle?
They’ll do both and make the plates design different to separate the 2. Maybe different main colors. Blue on red vs red on blue

Last edited:

Susurrus

I really like the purple one, but I just can't justify $55 for it. Maybe some day I'll cave but for the time being, I'm fine w/ the default. After all, my PS4 is white so a white PS5 was a natural replacement on my shelf.

kyliethicc

They’ll do both and make the plates design different to separate the 2. Maybe different main colors. Blue on red vs red on blue
I doubt they'll do both. Defeats the purpose of the bundle if you can just buy the plates, or vice versa.

Also, wouldn't shock me if they actually go for a black & white Spidey Venom theme. Can't just be the same as last time.

iFKKzEG.jpg

Last edited:

RCU005

What I like the most is that this is just Sony opening the floodgates of having so many design possibilities with many games and special editions. The real question is:

Will Sony release Special Edition PS5s as covers also or will they limit them to people who get the console?

Still, I hope many companies release different designs from their games and whatnot!

Last edited:

FrankWza

I doubt they'll do both. Defeats the purpose of the bundle if you can just buy the plates, or vice versa.
You think so? I think it gives everyone an opportunity to have a Spider-Man edition and doesn’t alienate early adopters who want to theme theirs with spidey. If they’re different, at least the actual bundle buyers get something to show they have the bundle.

kyliethicc

You think so? I think it gives everyone an opportunity to have a Spider-Man edition and doesn’t alienate early adopters who want to theme theirs with spidey. If they’re different, at least the actual bundle buyers get something to show they have the bundle.
Yeah I'm not sure. Who knows what Sony will do.

Simpkin92

Black looks best by far, then purple. What’s crazy is white is one of the worst and yet that’s what they released with.

edit:spelling

Last edited:
Top Bottom