• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best trailer of all time for games?

Chastten

Banned
Both have been posted, but for me those would probably be Wrath of the Lich King and Breath of the Wild.

Both still give me goosebumps whenever I watch them and both are among the best games I've ever played.

ahtlas7

Star Citizen, all it is, is a trailer. I don’t need to go into the trailers value generation. According to google this is trailer #1.

oji-san

Banned

Not quite a trailer but more of a reveal.
The moment they show Kratos it's like your favourite soccer team scored a winning goal at the last minute.:D

Last edited:
Gears - "Mad World"
Assassin's Creed Revelations - E3 trailer
Halo 3 - Believe and Announcement trailers
Skyrim
Battlefield 2042 - "Kickstart my Heart" E3 trailer

How has this one not been posted yet? Might just be the best of all time:

OG Assassin's Creed TV spot featuring Teardrop by Massive Attack

This… the Halo Reach ads were on another level. This one actually gave you the backstory for why the protagonist was added to Noble Team.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Can argue all day about what are the best trailers artistically and creatively, but for sheer impact nothing comes close to MGS2 in 2000.

SenkiDala

Nothing ever came close to blowing me away like that trailer did.
What is frustrating is that new generations can't understand. Living through the 8/16/32/128 bits era was a blessing. What we felt from this trailer was unbelievable, you have to remember the context of that time, what was in front of MGS2 looked ridiculous in comparison, nothing came close.

What is frustrating is that new generations can't understand. Living through the 8/16/32/128 bits era was a blessing. What we felt from this trailer was unbelievable, you have to remember the context of that time, what was in front of MGS2 looked ridiculous in comparison, nothing came close.
The most hilarious thing is that it actually delivered, too. The same cannot be said of many trailers.

Last edited:

Hudo

Objectively, these are far from the best trailers ever. Technically, they are pretty shitty as trailers because they don't really show gameplay. But to me, they are the best trailers ever made. I watched these so many times as a kid:

Last edited:

SenkiDala

The most hilarious thing is that it actually delivered, too. The same cannot be said of many trailers.
Yeah the game was so revolutionary in so many different way. The fact you could break bottles in the "bar", the walkie talkie of the soldiers that you could break so they couldn't call reinforcement, I played that demo (got it with Zone of the Enders, very cool game too) a hundred times I guess. That feeling of "oh I can do that?" like every 5 minutes was amazing.

Greatest trailer for anything ever. The music syncs so well with the edits and the monologues by Ocelot, Zero, Skull Face and Code Talker carry the games central theme of globalization and language masterfully.

jcorb

It's super grainy by today's standards, but I would argue that Devil May Cry 3 had the best trailer of all time:

It just checks all the boxes and hits all the right notes. It showcases the general vibe of the game, the atmosphere, and a great showcase of the gameplay as well, while also having some emotional weight.

I still consider it to be the standard by which every other trailer is compared.

Exoil

These three trailers were and is amazing to this day.

Bad world

Snake Eyes

Rainbow Sprinkles

You're in Bad Company now!

Last edited:

Exoil

I just remembered the first trailer for MGS4 where Hideo made fun of everything and everyone!

Klik

12 years ago Battlefield 3 teaser trailer gave me such a goosebumps.. I wish next BF would be that good as previous ones. I really miss old Battlefield and playing it all night..

12 years ago i was basically still a kid in college, now im married with 2 kids.. Fuck, time flies too fast

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Everyone already posted most of the best so I'll post a few that havent or not so popular that I have in my like list on youtube. Im sure I missed a lot more but eh

Last edited:
Top Bottom