• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most you have ever spent on a single videogame?

£350 on a bootleg SFII Championship Edition, £700 if you include the supergun. The board was dead within months too.

The Forza series has cost me even more including the wheels and pedals.

Arukado

¿100€? I don't remember the exact price, fortunately:
Metal-Gear-Solid-4-Limited-Edition-PAL-Box.jpg

NekoFever

I used to be more of a collector so paying over the odds would be more common. I don't have exact prices but SNES copies of Super Mario RPG (mint, sealed), Harvest Moon (mint), and Chrono Trigger (VGC) are up there. All cost me much less than their current going rate, which is in the hundreds, I'm happy to say. I've seen Mario RPG in worse condition than mine sell for $500.

I used to routinely spend £60 on day one imports from the local importer in the days before online shopping, and I must have spent more on some of the special editions I bought.

I've recently spent amounts in the £50 range for some rare PS1 and PS2 games, which is more than the ~£37 you'd spend on a new release for a current console.

Oh, and Shenmue as well. Not counting memorabilia:

Shenmue (Japanese limited edition): ~£70
Shenmue (US): $60
Shenmue II (Japanese limited edition): ~£70
Shenmue II (PAL): £40
Shenmu II (Xbox): £40

Arthea

Has to be Ni no kuni, got unlucky with this one, long story, but I paid around €70 for it at the end. Before that it had to be Hyperdimension Neptunia ~€60.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
$60 I guess. Can't think of anything I've spent more on.

Unless you count the fact I bought Xenoblade twice, imported a copy when it launched in Europe and then preordered a NA copy.

Personally, £50 on Zelda Majora's Mask. A while after it came out. This was after passing on a £40 copy the week before as well. Or maybe it was £60...

imported final fantasy 3 back in 94.
what is worse is. the game had anti import lock outs, so after about 20hours in or so some of the menu disappeared.
I remember hearing the ending crashed partway through when playing on 50Hz (I can just imagine the action getting out of sync with the music like the character themes) didn't know about other problems...

mr_toa

€100 - Wii Fit for the missus.

She didn't use it that much, but I had great fun with the kids playing Shaun White using the balance board :p

Evoga

I read someone just spent over $60,000 on Capcom's Kingpin so whatever you spend is cheap by comparison.

dab0ne

Resident Evil 4 Gamecube $50
Resident Evil 4 PS2 $50
Resident Evil 4 PAL Gamecube console with game and chainsaw and Gamestop Special edition Red steel case $160
Resident Evil 4 PAL PS2 Special Edition $20
Resident Evil 4 NTSC PS2 Limited Edition $20
Resident Evil 4 HD Collection PS3 Japanese import $60
Resident Evil 4 Wii $40 (I think that's how much it cost at release)

If Resident Evil 4 is released on:
Vita
3DS
I'll get those too.

So total for the above?

$400... HOLY SHIT!!!

diamount

Banned
I probably spent hundreds in WoW gold. I just cba daily questing all the goddamn time and bots had a monopoly on minerals/herbs.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I bought a X360 for FF13, which was the only game i played on it before it RROD, does it count?

orion434

I spent $79.99 for Phantasy Star 3 when it first released. The only store within bike-riding-distance knew I'd buy it at such a high price... looking back now that owner was a dick.

Jinjo

On a single game at a single moment? 210 guilders back in the day for Conker's Bad Fur Day. Which was normal retail price on day one for that game here. Amounts to about 95 euros.

$80 for Dragon Quest IV (when it was originally released) on the NES. Kay bee Toys was the only place I could find it, and they marked it up.

RoadDogg

The most I can think of would be $120 for Samba De Amigo and the Maracas when it first came out. It might have actually been $130 because the maracas were hard to find and I could have been forced to pay $10 more then they cost.

Sushigod7

I think Halo Cat Helmet like many others which was nuts, I sold the thing for like 60 or 70 afterwards I think total waste of money.

Skyrim. I got it for PS3, then I got it (and all the DLC) for Xbox, then I decided to install Windows 7 on a Boot Camp partition on my Mac to see if the SSD would really make the experience that much better - and so then I bought it for PC plus all the DLC on PC.

BiggNife

SSF4 comes to mind.

$40 for SSF4 360

$15 for AE 360 DLC

$20 for AE PS3 retail (I was hosting a dual-console tournament and we were low on games)

$15 for AE PC + All-In Costume Pack

$80 for arcade stick

=$170

I did end up buying a better $120 arcade stick down the line but that was for both Marvel and SSF4 so I don't know if that counts.

Machine

New: Steel Battalion was, I believe, $200

Used: I paid between $100 and $110 for a bundle which had Panzer Dragoon 1, 2 and Saga. This was at least 10 years ago so I don't remember the exact price. It was my second attempt at purchasing PDS. The first time, I won an Ebay auction for it at about $80 but the seller claimed it was stolen from his car while he was taking it to the post office. I got my money back but missed a good deal.

mokeyjoe

Donkey Kong 64 was about £70 as it was unavailable without the RAM pak (which I already owned).

I didn't even like the game in the end :(

Top Bottom