• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most you have ever spent on a single videogame?

FFXI for PS2, $100. Then all the monthly fees if that counts. Got over a hundred days of playtime and made some great friends though so no regrets.

Single game: Steel Battalion (OG XBOX). 150.

Single game + console: Japanese Wii for Brawl. Probably around $500.

Single game + dlc + accessories: Rock Band. Over 1,000 probably.

galvatron

I know there are some big collectors on here....so what is the most you have ever spent on a single videogame? (Cost of console doesnt count unless you needed an arcade cabinet or spent something extravagant for a rare console just to play that game)

Im boring, most Ive ever spent was $50 to get KH2/HL2 Day 1....havent spent more than 40 since.

Well, if you're going to count the initial cost of the cabinet and shipping then I guess Real Bout Fatal Fury or Blazing Star at about $1300.

More realisitically, Steel Batallion at $200.

Also finally finishing up my Kraylix to match aktham's pic.

Intru

Im a bit over $1000 total for World of Warcraft now. Other than that $70 is probably the most I have spent, back when new games in Canada cost that much. There was a much bigger difference between the value of the US and Canadian dollar back then.

danmaku

About 200€ for Last Blade 2 on Neo Geo AES (JP version). Still a cheap game compared to the insane prices of the most rare carts.

FStop7

Banned
$100 on a legit copy of Garou: Mark of the Wolves for the Neo Geo MVS. One of the best fighting games ever made, totally worth it. Not to mention the AES version sells for over $1,000, so it was a bargain in comparison.

$150 on the Skyrim deluxe edition that came with the dragon statue and the huge box and the giant art book.

$165 on Project Eternity. For the special edition that comes with an old school cloth map, big box, etc.

I bought Mass Effect 1 three separate times. On its original 360 release, again when it came out for PC, and one last time for XBL Marketplace when I lost my 360 disc.

Mass Effect 2 + all dlc. And I bought a Japanese import game for $100. Never doing that again!

I love import games like PSP, PS2, and those Cave 360 region-free SHMUPs. But I have a hard time paying games at full retail price let alone import prices!

Birathen

EvE online monthly fee's for 5 years plus buying GTC packs a few times.
For a regular game.. Uhm.. I bought dark souls 4 times and its expansion twice :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Woops, wrong thread - sorry!

Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny, 89€. It wasn't even a special/collector's edition and I bought it maybe a year after it's release.

Either £85 for Mortal Kombat 3 on SNES (US import in the UK) or the same for StarFox 64 (agfain, US import).

Given StarFox was much better value I feel I spent more on MK3.

goldenpp72

350 bucks is my current record, but that won't last long at this rate -_- The game being MM4 on the gameboy complete in the box and such.

€80 for The Eye of Judgment. Of course, I played it like three times and then forgot everything about it.

At least I got the PS Eye out of it.

Edit: I forgot about Kickstarter. Then it's €100 for Wasteland 2.

IMG_0019_zps826fd7e9.jpg

Capcom Impress Cabinet - 700

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Kit - 500

Worth every penny!

Let me just say WOW!

I love this setup!

If I had the space in my current house I would be all over this!

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Maybe ~$130 or so for Gears 3 Epic Edition. I also bought the Gears 3 Limitied Edition Xbox 360 with the game, and the game on its own when it was released. Plus the stand alone Gears of War 3 Limited Edition controller. So in a sense I've spent a lot more on "Gears of War 3".

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
~$200 for the Segagaga deluxe set. There have been a handful of others I've put down $100 for.

I wouldn't be surprised if I had spent more money total in quarters on Pump It Up and DDR in high school, though. I was way into those games.

meppi

Seems to be €425 on this, the day it came out:

iA8Y0oVp2oWii.JPG

Second most expensive one seems to be €344

i4ncVNpfvRDY5.jpg

I do plan on getting Twinkle Star Sprites one day, so that one will certainly go higher. :)

mclem

I imported Guitar Hero to Europe when it looked unlikely to be coming out over here. That'd be game + guitar + postage + import fees. I forget how much it was, but it was firmly in the triple figures.

That said, a lot of that cost was postage and import fees, and I'm thinking that it might actually be lower than my biggest pure-game purchase: A second-hand copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for £80.

(This is explicitly discounting the fact that I've been a World of Warcraft subscriber since vanilla, with only a break of about eight months, and have purchased all the expansions. But I'm not sure I'd regard that as 'a single videogame' either)

Dunkers92

Around £80 on the Last of Us Ellie Edition + season pass.

Also bought the last of us art book a couple of weeks after so you could add that to it as well

World of Warcraft. Played it from release for about three years straight then quit, then came back then server transferred about six times, then quit, etc, etc, etc. Currently in the not playing WoW phase.

Top Bottom