• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is with the difficulty level in Pirates! ?

apemanttt

Neo Member
I am getting extremely pissed off. I'm on the easiest difficulty setting and never had a problem winning every sword fight before but now they are impossible to win... Do they get harder as the game goes on?

And are the buttons displayed on the screen while your dancing suppose to disapear after a while to make it more difficult?

OK, im gonna go break another controller... Stupid game.

bitwise

Banned
did you divide the plunder then choose to upgrade your career after (or whatever they call it?)

It gets harder when you do that..

hooo

boooy
The sword fighting isn't all that bad compared compared to the dancing (an absolute pain on the numpad). Just focus on offense.

Yes the swordfighting gets harder. As your guy gets older and/or takes damage in sword battles, your reflexes become slower, and you get hurt easier.

People accuse Pirates of not having very much depth... but its not a start-->finish type of game. Its an arcade game, through and through. The goal is to get the best score possible in as little amount of time as you can. If you look at it like an action/adventure kind of game, yeah theres nothing there. But if you look at it in the same light as a shmup or something similar to that, the design makes a bit more sense.

Tarazet

Oracle Dragon said:
Yes the swordfighting gets harder. As your guy gets older and/or takes damage in sword battles, your reflexes become slower, and you get hurt easier.

People accuse Pirates of not having very much depth... but its not a start-->finish type of game. Its an arcade game, through and through. The goal is to get the best score possible in as little amount of time as you can. If you look at it like an action/adventure kind of game, yeah theres nothing there. But if you look at it in the same light as a shmup or something similar to that, the design makes a bit more sense.

Yep. The thing about repetitive games like this is, either you get completely hooked for weeks or you're bored within minutes. It got dull for me pretty quickly, which made me glad I rented it rather than plunking down 30 bones for it at Fry's.

Top Bottom