• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Spring TV shows will you be watching? - 2015 Ver. + A Look at New Spring Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there's no Secrets and Lies thread on GAF but I've been enjoying that show.

My guess is the wife or the mom which the police haven't talked to at all...some horrible writing from that perspective but overall a great show.

Just started watching this and I think its really bad. Its enjoyable but the main character is written to be a fucking idiot. To the point that it heavily reduces the quality of the show.

Vert boil

So 1992 started last night, (could they pick a worse fucking name for googling?!?)

It's okay. The first episode left me wanting more but I doubt it's going to build to anything worthwhile.

The biggest problem it that it's wildly derivative of US/UK productions, to the point that it doesn't feel like an Italian export. If it wasn't for them speaking Italian and them showing footage from old tv shows of bouncy young ladies dancing you'd have to be told that it was meant to take place there.
Plus it suffers from Obvious thing is obvious syndrome.

but this prick,
prick1-1aeus1.jpg

GLORIOUS!

and it was only fifteen seconds to man butt. So at least two good things.

-----
And Undateable season 2 is just a fucking terrible as season 2 of Ground Floor. ;( no more Nikki or Amurri ;(((

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Looks fun.

Also, it's interesting that it's coming 'this summer'. I read that season two of "Survivor's Remorse" is also coming this summer that that Starz will be airing them together. Where does that leave "Da Vinci's Demons" season three then? That's typically been a spring show, but with Outlander, Power, and then Survivor's Remorse/Blunt Talk, I'm guessing Starz is pushing it way way way back into the fall? What about Flesh and Bone? That's been completed for several months now and Ash vs. Evil Dead is also supposed to air some time later this year.

I'm convinced that Starz will being programming two hour blocks on Saturdays because there just isn't enough space left for just a single one hour show every Saturday.

Karu

Having posted this in the Fortitude thread, I want to spread the message a bit as that partiuclar thread seems to just merely exist.

More people need to watch this show! The horror atmosphere is next level-Hannibal shit at times. The cast has some great gems. Last few eps were phenomenal. Hoping more Gaffers will join after the fact, can't wait for the final next week!

I was lukewarm on the show myself after the first couple of episodes, a general scandinavian crime affair, but it's a bit more than that. Definitely worth a watch!

ryseing

I just caught it on Hulu because I was bored. I really was surprised by it, very enjoyable. I was thinking of making a quick make shift thread for it to raise awareness.

Was wondering what people thought. I like Becki Newton and Zach Knighton so I was thinking about checking the pilot out.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Was wondering what people thought. I like Becki Newton and Zach Knighton so I was thinking about checking the pilot out.
I watched it due to the glowing review from AV Club and didn't really like it. Nate Torrance's (who was great on Hello Ladies) is really annoying. I'll give it a couple more tries, though.

Linius

Well it was just a pilot. To me pilots, or sometimes most of the first season with sitcoms can be some what hit and miss. But there seems to be good chemistry and the cast is fun. This pilot was also very much to set up the story of course. Having to introduce four characters and having the pieces come together to line up for the rest of the season in 20 minutes is a tough job.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Having posted this in the Fortitude thread, I want to spread the message a bit as that partiuclar thread seems to just merely exist.

I was lukewarm on the show myself after the first couple of episodes, a general scandinavian crime affair, but it's a bit more than that. Definitely worth a watch!

Thanks for the impressions. I've been meaning to check that out but wanted to wait until it was all over before diving in.

Sober

Well it was just a pilot. To me pilots, or sometimes most of the first season with sitcoms can be some what hit and miss. But there seems to be good chemistry and the cast is fun. This pilot was also very much to set up the story of course. Having to introduce four characters and having the pieces come together to line up for the rest of the season in 20 minutes is a tough job.
Yeah I liked the cast well enough given only 20 minutes but the pilot story was kinda was just 'meh' to me.

ryseing

Just finished the pilot for WL.

I've been craving an offbeat single cam friends sitcom for a while since You're The Worst finished its season (Community doesn't really do it for me) and WL scratched that itch quite nicely.

Down for the rest of the season. I think I read it's only going to be six episodes though? Shame if true.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I typically give new shows a 4-5 episode try-out period, but I think I might be done with Weird Loners already. All of the characters are just insufferable to me; Stosh especially, with the whole douche-narcissist, pseudo-rapist thing (that kitchen scene from the pilot – yikes). I may try one more if it's on next week and I'm not doing anything... but I don't know...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Never sure where to put stuff like this, but I started watching Banshee for the first time and man is it fun so far. The fights are amazing. Will be caught up before too long.

Yes!

Banshee kicks ass. Season two is a bit less action oriented than the first season, but never fear, things ramp back up in season three. :D

ryseing

I can normally tolerate shitty sitcoms. But One Big Happy is just...UGH. Elisha Cuthbert is not a passable lesbian whatsoever and Nick Zano is terrible.

Only redeeming factor is the attractiveness of Kelly Brook.

TripOpt55

Yes!

Banshee kicks ass. Season two is a bit less action oriented than the first season, but never fear, things ramp back up in season three. :D

Yeah Season 2 doesn't seem quite as good as 1 so far, but it is still enjoyable. Very excited to hear Season 3 steps things back up though.

- Via Warming Glow: Here Are The Dates For 40 Season And Series Finales Between Now And May 23
Tuesday, April 21
Fresh off the Boat (ABC) (season and possibly series finale)

Wednesday, April 22
The Americans (FX) (season finale)

Thursday, April 23
Vikings (History) (season finale)

Thursday, April 30
Backstrom (Fox) (series finale)
Mom (CBS) (probably the season finale)

Sunday, May 3
Madam Secretary (CBS) (season finale)
Last Man Standing (Fox) (season finale)

Monday, May 4
Gotham (Fox) (season finale)

Tuesday, May 5
New Girl (Fox) (season finale)
Person of Interest (CBS) (season finale)

Thursday, May 7
Scandal (ABC) (season finale)
Big Bang Theory (CBS) (season finale)

Sunday, May 10
Good Wife (CBS) (season finale)
Once Upon a Time (ABC) (season finale)
Revenge (ABC) (season and possibly series finale)

Monday, May 11
Castle (ABC) (season finale)
Jane the Virgin (CW) (season finale)

Tuesday, May 12
Agents of SHIELD (ABC) (season finale)

Wednesday, May 13
The Middle (ABC) (season finale)
The Goldbergs (ABC) (season finale)
Arrow (CW) (season finale)

Thursday, May 14
The Blacklist (NBC) (season finale)
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) (season finale)
Elementary (ABC) (season finale)
The Vampire Diaries (CW) (season finale)

Friday, May 15
Amazing Race (CBS) (season finale)
Grimm (ABC) (season finale)

Sunday, May 17
Mad Men (AMC) (series finale)
Bob’s Burgers (Fox) (season finale)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox) (season finale)
The Simpsons (Fox) (season finale)
Family Guy (Fox) (season finale)

Monday, May 18
The Following (Fox) (season and possibly series finale)

Tuesday, May 19
The Voice (ABC) (season finale)

Wednesday, May 20
The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS) (series finale)
Modern Family (ABC) (season finale)
Blackish (ABC) (season finale)
Survivor (CBS) (season finale)

Saturday, May 23
Outlander (Starz) (season finale)

Afrikan

odd they didnt put Secrets & Lies ending this upcoming sunday up there.

I can't find any official thread for this show...but damn my cousins. Those girls got me hooked on it. I rarely? no, never watch tv shows... mostly Sports and movies.

but yeah, I just caught up on the last two episodes.. and hoooly shit I don't know what to think anymore.

I just visited a forum about the show on another website and had to stop reading because they are breaking down every single little conversation...and hell they might solve this shit before these last two episodes left in this series...lol.

anyway tonight should be fun.

Vert boil

I think it's safe to officially call it now. After four episodes, Your Family or Mine is officially the greatest sitcom ever made
, It's also the worst but let's forget about that bit

I can't find any official thread for this show...but damn my cousins. Those girls got me hooked on it. I rarely? no, never watch tv shows... mostly Sports and movies.

but yeah, I just caught up on the last two episodes.. and hoooly shit I don't know what to think anymore.

I just visited a forum about the show on another website and had to stop reading because they are breaking down every single little conversation...and hell they might solve this shit before these last two episodes left in this series...lol.

anyway tonight should be fun.

this show is why i just want to skip to this sunday...

I wonder if ABC would get another season of it. Cornell is such a great character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom