• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell just happened???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docpan

Alright, dudes. I'm extremely fucking freaked out/paranoid right now.

About 30 minutes ago a friend of mine IM's me with this: "whats your email?" So I tell him, of course. Then I ask what he needed it for.

A long period of no talking and then, he replies with "beezlebub." WHAT THE FUCK?

I reply with a "?" and about 30 seconds later he sends back "Z%%%%%%%%NNNNN" or something like it. (Weird characters.)

Thats where I get freaked out. "Zach, I swear to god if this is a joke I'm gonna punch you out." "BAI BAI @V@" Then he logged out.

Few minutes later he logs back on and says "You've been HAXXED" in l33t characters. Logs off again. Few minutes later, logs back on, "*transfer complete* HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!", logs off for good.

Now why am I so freaked out? The email I gave him was linked to my ebay and paypal shit. I changed the ebay/paypal email/password but that doesn't keep this sinking feeling in my stomach from going away.

What should I do now? Do you think it was just my friend fucking around or are there actual bots that do this shit?

Just phone your credit card company and say your card has been stolen. If you find out it was your friend fucking with you then kick his ass.

Wait a sec, if this is MSN Messenger you can see everyone's email address you have as contacts anyway so why ask unless you gave him a differn't account e-mail address.

Docpan

I'm gonna fucking bash his face in. I JUST SPENT 20 minutes trembling in fear while changing all my logins/passwords.

EDIT:

He's my neighbor, and I still don't know his phone number. -_- Plus it's 1:30 am.

EDIT2:

I was on AIM.

Oni Jazar said:
grow a penis you woman. If you dont trust him that much then get new friends.

Thats an insult. I don't thing most women with any computer knowledge would fall for it either.

GG-Duo

my friend's MSN account was hacked a while back

by hacked... i mean that he probably left his account unattended / he gave his password out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom