• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your little OCD oddities?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Can't go to bed unless I check the garage door at least 3 times.

I look at it, it's closed, I look again, still closed... yeah not sure about that, maybe look again? Still closed.

Puscifer

I stopped writing on my mirror with erasable markets and decided to finally get multiple white boards instead to keep myself organized so I don't look like a crazy person to guest

Last edited:

Spyxos

I guess the typical thing I do before I go out is to check all the windows 2-3 times. And I usually check twice to make sure I've really locked the apartment. Even if I've sometimes been a bit far away.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I try to wash up and exit the bathroom on my left foot before the toilet bowl finishes refilling. Seriously.

I'll count out characters in sentences/paragraphs that I'm writing by hand, and will actively rewrite statements if the sentence comes out to 13 characters. I have no superstitions toward the number 13.

I have a lot of these. I've been using the same mug for probably over thirty years.
I always use the same fork, spoon, knife, plate.

When I see a different texture, like on a wall, I need to touch it.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I only have indirect sunlight in my home as to minimize seeing dust. I had severe OCD in the past and thankfully it's only a fraction of how it was but still. Used to be..well.. not nice.

nush

Gold Member
I stopped writing on my mirror with erasable markets and decided to finally get multiple white boards instead to keep myself organized so I don't look like a crazy person to guest

We did that in offices all the time on the windows when having meetings. The white board was only in the meeting room where we where not at the time. It wipes off, it's no biggie.

Dr.Morris79

-When I place products in my fridge the label has to face me.
Same here!
-On the gaming side I will delete games I haven't touched in awhile only to reinstall them 5 days later when I want to play them again.
I feel "bad" when the console storage is close to full 😆
I'm the worst for this!

Dust. I hate it. Before I use my pc or sit down to have a gaming session everything has to be 'clean', zero dust! I vacuum top to bottom, everything! The thought of it being sucked into anything electrical irks me and having four cats makes it even more fun! Infact, I just want it uber clean. I don't let anyone else vacuum the house as they'll never do it properly

No idea where it came from, I used to sit playing Battlefield 1942 most nights smoking like a trooper next to my pc, dust everywhere..

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
and having four cats makes it even more fun!
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

CGNoire

I have acquired over the years some behaviors which have become habit but not severe enough to be deemed a "problem".

-When I place products in my fridge the label has to face me.

-Before going to bed I check my alarm 3 times.

-My work emails are all assigned to folders or deleted every 10 minutes. I can't stand my inbox with 245 messages just lying in wait. Coming back from vacation I freak out when I see 784 emails.

-Before going to bed I check my thermostats (in winter) and the locks on my doors (is this really OCD?)

-I always look at myself in a mirror before going outside. Fear of a booger in my nose maybe? 😄

-I do rotations with my utensils so after doing the dishes I won't use the same ones all over again.

-On the gaming side I will delete games I haven't touched in awhile only to reinstall them 5 days later when I want to play them again.
I feel "bad" when the console storage is close to full 😆

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
What are your oddities?
Let's share in the madness 😁
Props given for using the word Utensils. Try getting a kid at a fast food window or working as a waiter to figure out what Im even asking for.

- When I used to ride : I'd always triple check if the garage door was closed after using the key fob.
I'd put my bike in neutral and check over my shoulder - I would repeat this 2 more times 😁
Pre-flight checks : I'd ALWAYS check my tire pressure and brakes and whether my lights and turn signals worked properly.
When at home, my helmets would ABSOLUTELY need to be inside their carrying bags AND ALSO facing me when putting them on the shelf I had in my room.

- Triple checking my front door's lock whenever i leave home.

- Before leaving home, I make sure that I have everything with me, I obviously repeat 2 more times the same exact checks (keys in my pocket, phone, tobacco etc).

Last edited:

Bry0

I’ve got 8tb of storage on my pc but I definitely do the “uninstall every game I’m not playing” thing. I feel overwhelmed when my steam list is too long

Top Bottom