• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will win best game adaptation at The Game Awards this year?

what video game adaptation is a shoe-in for the game awards

• The Mario Bros Movie

• Twisted Metal

• The Last of Us

• Gran Turismo

• Borderlands

• Dungeons and Dragons

• Halo season 2

• Arcane season 2

• The Witcher season 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
TLOU has been massive, but we know Mario is going to obliterate the box office soon. We also have a few more that could be surprise hits.

Pedro-Pascal-Mario-Kart-696x442.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
OP, I get you like Sony…..A LOT but god damn how many circle jerk thread do you need make about them? I’m starting to think you are working as Sony’s marketing team and come gaming forums to promote their stuff.

ZehDon

Gold Member
You gotta tone it down a notch, OP. Your thread is one TV show that's out now and 8 other options that haven't been released yet. I don't even need to check your post history for this one. Your thread needs to skirt the line between edge case super fan and naive forum goes to properly reel 'em in. You're being too obvious.

Mozzarella

Arcane Season 2 will probably release in 2024 and the rest are not as well received so its going to be The Last of Us for sure.
If the controversial game with tons of criticism managed to win a lot of awards then i doubt a show that has mainstream appeal and is being praised everywhere is not going to win. I guess the jury are big fans.

Last edited:
Arcane Season 2 will probably release in 2024 and the rest are not as well received so its going to be The Last of Us for sure.
If the controversial game with tons of criticism managed to win a lot of awards then i doubt a show that has mainstream appeal and is being praised everywhere is not going to win. I guess the jury are big fans.

This is really a two man race between mario and TLOU, but i think people are underestimating how massive Mario is gonna be in the box office. Like Pixar big

3liteDragon

Too early to tell even though I don't think TLOU's being topped this year. And Arcane season 2 isn't coming out this year.

Last edited:

Doom85

Arcane Season 2 isn’t coming out this year I think, Dungeons and Dragons is based off the TTRPG not a video game, and Mario movie might be fun but it’s not going to be winning awards based off Illumination’s writing skills who at their best are merely fairly good. For people who thinking Mario’s box office will sway them, LOL no, this is an awards show that is willing to give an indie game GOTY, they’re not caring how mainstream an adaptation is. TLOU will most likely win this one barring some unexpected contender suddenly emerging.

Top Bottom