• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Xbox exclusives are you hyped for?

Select any number

• As Dusk Falls

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Avowed

Votes: 69 53.1%
  • Call of the Sea

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • CrossfireX

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Everwild

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Echo Generation

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Exomecha

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Fable

Votes: 79 60.8%
  • Forza Motorsport

Votes: 50 38.5%
  • Grounded

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • Psychonauts 2

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Scorn

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • Stalker 2

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • State of Decay 3

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • Tell Me Why

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • The Ascent

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • The Gunk

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • The Medium

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Votes: 24 18.5%

• Total voters
CORRECTION: Psychonauts 2 is not exclusive. Flight Simulator and Gears Tactics are also coming to Xbox.

Yes, most of the third party games are just timed exclusives.

Well, there's not much to go on yet for most of these but let's do it anyway. Some of these are from the previous show or from the pre-show.

There wasn't space enough for these games/expansions:
Second Extinction: Reclaim Earth
Hello Neighbor 2
New Genesis: Phantasy Star Online 2
Tetris Effect: Connected
The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon
There is also Bright Memory Infinite but it seems unclear whether that one is exclusive or not.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Around half the list is interesting to me. I'd try them all if they all made it to PC Game Pass.

Last edited:

Unity2012

I check the ones I know for sure I want to play; but the good news is that gamepass will allow us to try them all.

DeaDPo0L84

Avowed,Fable,and State of Decay 3. Unfortunately those are all a ways off so it'll be a waiting game for me. I'll mess around on Halo through gamepass on PC.

Skifi28

Definitely Psychonauts 2, Forza if they don't follow down the path of 7 but rather go for the direction of 4 or 6 or perhaps something new. And I'd also like to be exicted for Fable, but with 3 being what it was and not showing us anything now makes it tough.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Psychonauts 2 -> Looks like my type of game. Creative and unique 3D platformer. Please more of this!
The Medium -> Silent Hill is probably my favorite franchise of all time, so this is a no brainer. It having Akira is the icing on the cake.
Fable -> I trust Playground Games that they can pull this off. Trailer already had some of the series british humour so there is that. I want to see more.
Stalker 2 -> well duuhhh. The first one was amazing which is reason enough.
Everwild -> Great visuals! Sea of Thieves pulled a No Mans Sky, which means my trust in Rare is back. Looking forward to this.

Pantz

All of them to various extent since they're all Game Pass. Some more than others because they seem too far off and some I need to hear more about.

Halo Infinite, Forza, The Medium, The Ascent and Darktide at the top of my list.

Fbh

Several of them though to different degrees. Some Like Hellblade I'm highly confident will be great, others like Everwild or Fable are in the "I hope it's good but I need to see more" camp

Overall I'd say:
Hellblade: First one was great so a sequel on better hardware with a higher budget should be awesome.
The Ascent: I like the occasional Twin-Stick shooter and I love the aesthetic in this one
Everwild: Love the art direction but I need to know more about the gameplay. If it's another online only multiplayer focused game my interest drops significantly.
Fable: The franchise has always had potential but the actual games have been lacking so far. Playground is talented so maybe they'll finally be able to make something truly great with the franchise.
Avowed: I'm not as big of an Obsidian fanboy as others, but they do make solid games and if this is some sort of less janky better written Elder Scrolls (at least that's the vibe I get from the first person view) type game it could be awesome

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
The medium, scorn. Avowed, grounded, fable., hell blade 2 are at the very top of my list.

First time in years i feel good about the direction of the Microsoft studios outside one i won't mention lol. The way i see it in a couple of years i should get one AAA game a year for 3 years. Starting with avowed, then fable then inexile AAA rpg.

the_master

Still looking very much forward to Halo Infinite, even with the downgrade. I think it can still be a great game (don't let me down!)

Balan Wonderworld gace me very good vives.

Avowedd can be cool but i've seen nothing.
Forza could be cool but no gameplay means nothing.
Everwild looks ok but I need to see gameplay.
Scorn looks awesome but it seems that the game is not.
Warhamer darktide the same. Could be great if hundreds of enemies on screen but need to see it.

TLZ

Banned
Avowed, Fable, Stalker 2 and The Gunk.

But I really need to see gameplay though.

Last edited:

GetemMa

Warhammer Darktide, Forza, Stalker 2, Crossfire X, The Gunk all look pretty cool to me from the little we've seen.

I'm on PC beta pricing for Xbox Game Pass though. At $60 a year I will probably download and give all of these a shot at some point.

I'm interested in Avowed, but imagine it's a 2023 release, maybe even later so I just can't get excited for that yet.

Perrott

Gold Member
The Ascent. I like twin stick shooters, diablo clones, and playing super challenging co-op with my friends.

Woah, it looks... clunky.

I was expecting some fluid fast-paced action like in Alienation but I'm disappointed by what I see in that video.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I have not heard of most of those. Definitely not SoD 3, that franchise is garbage.

tryDEATH

You also got

The Falconer
Witchfire - Sleeper Hit vibes
Flight Simulator
Gears Tactics
Age of Empires IV

The number of games is staggering people haven't really wrapped their heads around it yet, once they do they won't belive the amount of games and variety Xbox has on offer. I really can't choose just one or a couple, there are at leats 10 that are extremely interesting to me.

MrS

Banned
The Ascent looks cool but very derivative. Hellblade 2 will be another hit for NT, so that.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Their game lineup looks great, but everything is too far out. Feels like the first two years of Series X life will be pretty bare.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Pretty sure many of those are just timed exclusives? And some, like Psychonauts 2, are not exclusives at all. Doesn't mean you can't be excited, but the thread comes off as a bit disingenuous.

Mister Wolf

Woah, it looks... clunky.

I was expecting some fluid fast-paced action like in Alienation but I'm disappointed by what I see in that video.

Well unfortunately I cant keep playing Alienation forever which runs at 1080p 30fps and never received a Playstation 4 Pro patch.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Out of all the games they've shown, probably this list (if I got them all)

- That shooter game they showed to start the May show
- Forza
- Avowed
- Stalker 2
- State of Decay 3
- CrossfireX
- The Ascent (I think that's the sci-fi Diablo game)
- Gears Tactics
- Flight Sim (only to dabble with for a hour flying around town and looking for my house)

Klayzer

Avowed
Fable (Playground Games = best X devs)
The Ascent
The Gunk
Darktide
Everwild

Pretty interesting list of games if you look at it objectively.

Blueghost

Neo Member
Are they all exclusives though? it said “console launch exclusives“ before a lot of these trailers, to me that means that it’s probably that some of these gonna are show up on playstation at some point.

Vawn

Banned
Psychonauts 2 and Stalker 2 are both coming to PS5. It sounds like Warhammer too (joy? Lol).

The Medium is the only one on that list with much potential imo.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Aren't most of those Timed Exclusives though? I'm most likely playing Avowed on PC, looks neat. Bout it. I've never played STALKER but people seemed to be hyped. But they're not exclusive. I'll probably wait till a few come out then game-pass it.

Last edited:
Are they all exclusives though? it said “console launch exclusives“ before a lot of these trailers, to me that means that it’s probably that some of these gonna are show up on playstation at some point.

Majority of them are Microsoft's IP like

• Avowed
  • Everwild
  • Fable
  • Grounded
  • Forza Motorsports
  • Gears Tactics
  • Age Of Empire IV
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
  • Halo Infinite
  • Hellblade 2
  • Tell me Why
  • State of Decay 3
  • Psychonauts 2

teezzy

Banned
Top 5?

1. The Medium - This just looks so cool to me. Love the parallel worlds gimmick and the Silent Hill aesthetics. Hope it really breathes a life of its own and puts Bloober on the map.
2. Everwild - This just looks stunning. I don't have any clue what the gameplay will be like, but everything about it screams RARE IS BACK. It could be a walking sim and I'd still wanna play this.
3. Scorn - The art direction here is top tier. I'm so intrigued. Creeps me the fugg out.
4. Halo Infinite - Screw you, this looks awesome.
5. Psychonauts 2 - Trippy af - I can't wait to play this.

The rest?

As Dusk Falls - not high on my list, but art direction has me intrigued
Avowed - Obsidian Skyrim = I'm in
Exomecha - Super late 90s/early 2000s aesthetic looks wild
Fable - I'm ready for more Fable
Forza - I'm ready for more Forza
Grounded - this actually sold me more during the trailer yesterday. I was ragging on it for the longest time, but I wouldn't mind trying this out on GamepASS
Hellblade 2 - I hope this puts haters in their place, and I'll leave it at that.
Stalker 2 - cool. just fucking cool man
State of Decay 3 - more cool. would love to play this co-op, hope it releases in a good form
The Gunk - this looked awesome! and i love the name. Outstanding art design and the gameplay loop seems like something I'd dig

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
For me -

1. Halo Infinite
2. Gears Tactics
3. Hellblade 2
4. Fable
5. The Ascent
6. Avowed
7. State of Decay 3
8. Everwild

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What's Microsoft's next big game after Halo Infinite, in terms of release timing?

Maybe Forza Motorsport? Am I missing an obvious one?

Everwild - even though like Rare, I don't know dick about it.
Fable - I'm always ready for Fable
The Medium - This game had my attention since it's initial reveal
The Gunk
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
Scorn

With all the good games coming I'm still hoping for more exclusive announcements. I'm a greedy bitch.

TalentedMrJ

Avowed
State of Decay 3
Halo
The Meduim
Fable
The Gunk

Now how many of these are launch titles???
No way Fable, Avowed, or SOD3 release anytime soon

Top Bottom