• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's been your most played game this year?

Regginator

TOTK at 160+ hours, by far. Kinda annoying that the Switch doesn't seem to accurately track playtime. Like, what the fuck does "160 hours or more" mean?

Anyway, the only thing that may come close or top TOTK as most-played (maybe even as GOTY, but I've yet to play it) is the PS5 version of Baldur's Gate III. But as of now, TOTK reigns supreme.

Krafter

Civilization Revolution 2 on the Vita, by far. Handheld Civ + Working at home, too tempting a combination. Vita does not track time like the 3DS or Steam, but it's easily 300+ hours.

Final Fantasy XIV is at around 90 hours
I went through the entirety of the Amnesia Collection, hadn't played A Machine for Pigs before. Took me quite a bit, not sure how much though.

small_law

Tears of the kingdom. I'm going for it. Every shrine, light root, well, and cave, all armor pieces upgraded all the way, every side quest, and every Korok seed.

The only thing I probably won't do are two of the monster medals, but I might go for them depending upon how difficult it's going to be to find the ones I missed.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Street Fighter 6, over 150 hours

Same. I've beet a TON of time into SF6. I'm cooling off now, but it was the only game I played for a solid month, several hours a day. That hasn't happened in a very long time.

And yet I still can't decide on a true main lol

Don't think anything is gonna pass W40K: Darktide this year. New update dropped yesterday adding crazy mission modifiers so the time is only gonna increase.

Ev1L AuRoN

Same. I've beet a TON of time into SF6. I'm cooling off now, but it was the only game I played for a solid month, several hours a day. That hasn't happened in a very long time.

And yet I still can't decide on a true main lol
Same here, I can't remember a time a dedicated so much time on a single game on my adult life. I started playing Zangief inspired by Itazan and Snake eyes, got stuck at Platinum 2 stars, then I moved to Cammy, almost Plat, I'm not a hardcore fighting game, but I always play street casually. This is the first game I play almost exclusively on ranked, thanks to the great netcode.

I played several games about 50-60 hours this year.. FF XVI, AC Origins, Pillars of Eternity, PoE II.. it's been a good year for gaming on my end. Still have Baldur's Gate and potentially Starfield coming and whatever other older game I missed out on I randomly decide to play.

AzekZero

Neo Member
Enlisted. Pay to win WW2 FPS with amazing squad control+swap mechanics. This game is dying so I'm banking on future FPS games to carry on the torch.

Even if its upcoming 1.0 launch saves the game its always going to suffer from power creep from its pay to win model.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
TOTK, but BG3 is about to dwarf that.

Shubh_C63

Sadly, Destiny 2.

But booted up Elden Ring again with arcane build. Finally felt like I can progress shit, barely 5% done and already 20 hours with new character.

Forza Horizon 4. I do prefer Forza Horizon 3 overall and play it almost as much but the constant rotating seasonal events keep me coming back more.

QuarterlyImpressiveArizonaalligatorlizard-max-1mb.gif

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Solo: RE4 Remake. Played it through 7 times. I have a feeling Baldur's Gate 3 is going to surpass it.

Multiplayer: Warzone and NBA2K23

Last edited:

kunonabi

Dragonball: The Breakers just like last year. Texas Chainsaw Massacre will probably overtake it since I'm getting fed up with the Breakers gacha and will probably just focus on dailies/weeklies going forward.

NahaNago

I'm somewhat ashamed but not really?
Mario Kart 8.

I start to play casually while in front of the TV then 3 hours later I snap out of it but gotta go to bed.

Rinse & repeat most evenings.
I used to do the same with civilization V. Which I was actually planning on playing before I jumped on here.

My top game excluding civ V is Final Fantasy16 with 60 hours and second place would be hogwarts legacy with 28 hours. I need to play more games.

Me Final Fantasy 16 about 27 hours so far, snooker 19 20ish hours high on life 15ish and wipeout omega 10 hours
Mrs Hogwarts 90ish hours, Zelda skyward sword 70 hours and currently playing Witcher 3 about 35 hours.

Gotta boost my rookie numbers

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
FFXVI with around 60 or 70 hours. I'm at the point in my life where I can't play games for hundreds of hours. I am just trying to finish them in time for the next game on my must play list.

Now I gotta find a way to bang out Baldur's Gate before Starfield gets here, and Starfield before Spoder-Man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom