• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the best fps ever?

The best FPS is 120, anything more is a waste.

If you only own a console then you're making stuff up.

gym pc GIF by South Park

CashPrizes

Shout out to Killzone 2 and 3. They are essentially the same game multiplayer wise, 3 added jetpacks which were just OK, probably better balanced with more total maps.

I would go with Half Life 2 for single player

Left 4 Dead 2 for cooperative

Counter Strike for competitive round based

Valve Sweeps!!!

SpiceRacz

Doom 2016. The shooting and ammo loop is sublime. Perfect pacing and nails the ending. Something most FPS and games in general fail to do. It bridges the gap between old school FPS sensibilities and modern FPS games.

Eternal comes close, but it's levels are overly long and it complicated the ammo/combat loop to the point it feels less fluid.

I'd probably rate the original Quake and Unreal up there as well.

Last edited:

nkarafo

There are too many options for me:

- Half-Life 2
- DOOM (1993, Shareware Episode)
- Quake 1
- DOOM 64 Remastered (with a reload animations mod if possible)
- Goldeneye (emulated at 60fps + dual analog)

Depending on my mood, one of these is the best FPS of all time. If i have to be objective though, it's Half-Life 2.

nkarafo

The best FPS is 120, anything more is a waste.

As a 240hz monitor owner, this is false. Above 120 helps to clean up the dreaded sample & hold blur of modern panels. At 240fps, games look almost al clear as on a CRT in motion.

winjer

Gold Member
For indie FPS, I would probably pick Dusk. Amid Evil in a close second place.
I hated Doom Eternal. Terrible choice for the best fps ever.
For best FPS, I would rather have Quake 2. The first half of Crysis. Or HL2 Ep.2

Kdad

As a 240hz monitor owner, this is false. Above 120 helps to clean up the dreaded sample & hold blur of modern panels. At 240fps, games look almost al clear as on a CRT in motion.
Your mistake is not using a CRT in the first place...

H4ze

Half-Life 2, no doubt for me. Everytime I replay it I can't help myself but only see it as the masterpiece it is.

Best Overall Package: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)

Best Casual Multiplayer: Titanfall or Battlefield 2

Best Single Player: Half-Life or Doom II

Best Battle Royale: PUBG

Best Competitive Multiplayer: Rainbow 6: Siege

Best Co-op / looty mcshooty: Destiny 2

Honorable mentions: Medal of Honor Allied Assault, FEAR, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Doom (1993), Quake II, Bioshock, Half-Life 2, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty w/ United Offensive expanison

Top Bottom