• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the best fps ever?

Another for Doom Eternal! Good to see it's getting the recognition it deserves.

Other Standout's include

Half Life 2
Halo 3

and Bulletstorm!

Doom 2016 would be on that list if Eternal didn't exist.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Doom for the "video games are important" award

Eternal is certainly up there, I get why it's divisive, but once it clicks it's an absolutely ballet of violence. Titanfall 2 plays wonderfully as well.

HL2 for a game that'll always be good to go back to, always.

darrylgorn

I'm not even going to bother with 'best' but as far as personal enjoyment goes, the original Turok was something to behold back in the day. It felt like the same leap that Mario 64 brought to platformers.

Can I skip 1 and jump directly into 2, or is it better to play it?
The original Titanfall didn't have a single player campaign per se... its "campaign" was multiplayer matches with some extra comms and bits playing in a little window. I actually liked how it worked but you definitely don't have to play it.. not sure the population is there to play it anyway.

Reactions: Fuz
Halo 3, it had everything for me. Some of the most fun I've ever had with the custom games scene, map making and just the competitive multiplayer in general being addictive to try rank up in.

I agree with op. Doom eternal was the first thing to come to my mind. I've never had more fun in an fps game than with doom eternal.

Runner up is half life 2.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
First Encounter Assault Recon.

maxresdefault.jpg

If any game needs a Remake its this one.
I know Monolith is currently working on Wonder Woman, but WB have the license, the game isnt that long, im sure Monolith have a B-team that could work on remaking this with even better damage and better AI.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Can I skip 1 and jump directly into 2, or is it better to play it?
You cant really play TitanFall anymore......the servers are empty so youll probably end up playing the same mission over and over without getting any of the lore.
But realistically TitanFall 2 is practically a standalone title and explains enough of the conflicts and lore that you will be totally fine.

Buggy Loop

That's an unfair question

There's so many different kinds of FPS and they do not really overlap that much. Half Life 2 can be GOAT in the story centric FPS genre while Doom 2016 can be for the visceral FPS.

SPEED DEMON MAY CRY FPS - Ultrakill

Arena WAVES - Hyper demon

Story - Half Life 2

Immersive - Deus Ex

Top Bottom