• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the best fps ever?

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I was right

oh_i_get_it_chris_farley.gif

begotten

Single-Player:

1. BioShock
2. FEAR
3. Prey
4. Half Life 2
5. Doom Eternal

MP:

1. Quake 3 Arena
2. CS 1.6
3. Halo 3
4. COD4
5. Halo 2

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly it needs to be divided because single player shooters and multiplayer have very different designs and goals, its why one tends to excel at one part and not the other, especially as you get more and more recent.

However for multiplayer specifically

HrUIlPG.jpg

God I wish someone would take anouther crack at this, the high speed mobility mixed with weapons that tend to be devastating but require skill to land hits is just fantastic and never gets old.

For single player its got to be...

sCi1Iop.jpg

Just Half-Life but better in every way, more enemies, more weapons, more interaction. If Half-Life cemented FPS as the most popular genre Opposing Force perfected it.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority here but i did enjoy Black back on the PS2 and original Xbox era. Fantastic game ahead of its time. Resistance and Killzone are definitely up there with Halo 3 as well.

SpokkX

Ok lists then:

For singleplayer
  • Doom Eternal (like playing a multiplayer match of Quake - only with monsters!)
  • Halo CE (the only Halo that has a REALLY good single player campain imo)
  • Half Life 2 (still more interative than modern FPS)

For multiplayer
  • Quake 3
  • Halo 2

I am glad there is barely a mention of Destiny - those games are not really FPS. They are "looter shooters" where the actual focus is looting and the enemies are mostly just bulletspunge pinatas with goodies inside

Top Bottom