• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the fastest you noped the f' out of a film?

It doesn't have to be walking away from a theater, could be simply a film you started on Netflix, blu-ray or whatever.

I remember starting Creed II with my brother and the scene where he kneels to propose to Tessa (can't remember the character's name) killed any interest we had for the film. It wasn't believable at all to see him put that girl on a pedestal whereas he could get any woman in the country especially since he's hitting it big. It doesn't help that the actress isn't very pretty. We switched to something else and forgot about it entirely. That's a bit weird because I loved the first Creed. I KNOW the relationship between them was built up in the first film but didn't like at all how he was head over heels for her. Doesn't feel very realistic to me.

I might watch it sometime eventually, but I feel like I'm not missing much.

What about you GAF? What film you were looking forward to but then less than 10-20 minutes in, something made you think "No, I'm not watching this shit"?

xrnzaaas

Dumb and Dumber To - Absolutely horrible, I had high hopes because of the returning original cast and I also really liked the first film even though the humour was already very primitive in some scenes (the great soundtrack in the first movie definitely helped).

Last edited:
Children of Men. Saw it was some british shit and turned it off. Not what I was expecting.

giphy.gif

give it another shot sometime, you might really like it

highrider

Banned
Aliens vs Predator

When the predator handed the chick a weapon we walked out
Ahh man you missed some gold.

Most recent I can think of is Suicide Squad. It was just annoying in the way it was paced, the film aesthetics were this kind of washed out blerp filter on everything. It made the few cool little parts not worth the effort. I think I ended up doing laundry which was more engaging.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Ahh man you missed some gold.

Most recent I can think of is Suicide Squad. It was just annoying in the way it was paced, the film aesthetics were this kind of washed out blerp filter on everything. It made the few cool little parts not worth the effort. I think I ended up doing laundry which was more engaging.
That was another awful movie.

BvS was even worse. One of the most garbage superhero movies I've ever seen.

I swear DCU could not do a movie if lives depended on it.

The Last Jedi when I tried to watch it a second time.
Haven’t even watched it once! I just blitzed through a camrip and shook my head.

Children of Men. Saw it was some british shit and turned it off. Not what I was expecting.
It has some good scenes. Worth watching imo.

That was another awful movie.

BvS was even worse. One of the most garbage superhero movies I've ever seen.

I swear DCU could not do a movie if lives depended on it.
Wonder Woman and Aquaman were nice, I enjoyed them.

Doom85

Aliens vs Predator

When the predator handed the chick a weapon we walked out

Everything after that moments is pretty much the only good shit in the movie. No more one-dimensional characters bumbling around (Weyland was alright, but regardless the group as a whole was not on par with the cast of Alien and especially Aliens), just her and the Predator kicking some Alien ass and all done through non-verbal communication.

Everything after that moments is pretty much the only good shit in the movie. No more one-dimensional characters bumbling around (Weyland was alright, but regardless the group as a whole was not on par with the cast of Alien and especially Aliens), just her and the Predator kicking some Alien ass and all done through non-verbal communication.

I had just had enough and that moment tipped me over the edge

it's actually the only movie I've walked out in theaters

That's fine. I just think the 1st one does have some good elements particularly the climax, whereas AVP2 was pure shit.

in Stuckmann review he seemed to point out moments of ending that are nonsensical . I recall a clip where she's running faster than the giant queen in subzero temps or some shit like that

I wanted to like the sequel but I have no idea how a major release hit the theaters with the exposure so fucked up. Literally couldn't see half the movie

typos fro m this shitty tablet my bad

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Magnolia. One of those films that I had no idea what I was watching. When Tom Cruise started swearing and acting like a dbag, I just thought “This film isn’t for me.” Apparently my friends agreed because we all walked out of the theater and asked for our money back.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I've never walked out of a theater. I have started plenty of terrible movies and quit after the first scene though.
Recently - according to my continue watching in Netflix and Hulu:
Blackbear
Cut Bank
The Hunters Prayer
Defective
Anna and the apocalypse

Gargus

Banned
I've only twice quit a movie once I started it out.

I walked out of jurrasic park 2. Was sitting there bored out of my mind and I realized that if I left now I could make it home in time to catch new episode of spawn on HBO so I left.

And I rented a movie called killjoy. God damn I got half way through and just returned it. I took it back so fast the same lady was still there and she let me pick out another movie.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
into the woods i didn't know it was a musical i absolutely fukkin hated it, but I rented it through Redbox and didn't want to waste my money, so i finished it but I def stopped midway and came back to it later cuz I couldn't stand sitting all the way through it

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Admittedly I was 10 but when Carrie has her period in the shower in the opening scene (?) I made my parents stop the movie.

lol i remember changing the channel so fast whenever Chuckie came on TV or even if I like saw a scifi commercial with him in it. the fukkin doll scared the sh!t out of me as a kid i wish my dad never let me see one of his movies when I was like 5

TrainedRage

Banned
Weird, that happened to me too a couple years ago. Mainly it was because I was in a group and we decided we wanted to see something more popcorn-y. Got about 5 minutes in before we noped out.

I'm sure it's a good movie though.
I hear good things but I dunno. it was really dull.

Cleared_Hot

It doesn't have to be walking away from a theater, could be simply a film you started on Netflix, blu-ray or whatever.

I remember starting Creed II with my brother and the scene where he kneels to propose to Tessa (can't remember the character's name) killed any interest we had for the film. It wasn't believable at all to see him put that girl on a pedestal whereas he could get any woman in the country especially since he's hitting it big. It doesn't help that the actress isn't very pretty. We switched to something else and forgot about it entirely. That's a bit weird because I loved the first Creed. I KNOW the relationship between them was built up in the first film but didn't like at all how he was head over heels for her. Doesn't feel very realistic to me.

I might watch it sometime eventually, but I feel like I'm not missing much.

What about you GAF? What film you were looking forward to but then less than 10-20 minutes in, something made you think "No, I'm not watching this shit"?
I nope'd this post faster than anything. Creed II was great, and there was nothing unbelievable about that proposal

Last edited:
When I was like 8 or 9, I rented the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and I got to the hitchhiker cutting part and was so freaked out I stopped it and didn’t watch that movie for many years later... Which was weird for me since I grew up watching horror movies, but TCM was so god damned visceral.

Last edited:
It was hot as a mothefucker one summer, and we didn’t have AC. So we would Leave the house and do anything, sometimes just drive around, just to be in AC.
Anyway we go to the movies this one summer day, seriously sweating my balls off. We go to see some Jodie Foster flick, we sit down, and it’s way before the actual previews start. It’s showing those commercials you see before trailers.

We weren’t seated for TWO MINUTES and someone came in saying the AC had just broken and they were doing refunds

peace, sorry Clarice

It was hot as a mothefucker one summer, and we didn’t have AC. So we would Leave the house and do anything, sometimes just drive around, just to be in AC.
Anyway we go to the movies this one summer day, seriously sweating my balls off. We go to see some Jodie Foster flick, we sit down, and it’s way before the actual previews start. It’s showing those commercials you see before trailers.

We weren’t seated for TWO MINUTES and someone came in saying the AC had just broken and they were doing refunds

peace, sorry Clarice

Jesus Christ. Were all of the AC’s broke in your area?

Top Bottom