• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite Xbox One/Series controller?

David B

An Idiot
So I've been wondering what is your favorite controller? Mine is probably Xbox Elite series 2 as it has great grip textures, a good change of thumb sticks and d-pad as well as texture on the triggers. I also love the PS4 controller and it's triggers the most of all time. I'm not really a big fan of 3rd party controllers other than 3rd party for PS3 as we all know the triggers kind of sucked. By anyways, what is your favorite Xbox One/ Series XS controller? I'd make a selection but there's a lot of 3rd party as well as Microsoft.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Visually it’s the Elite Core and Electric Volt. My Elite 2 capped out after 2 years of perfect use so I can’t buy another until they finally sort out their manufacturing pipeline.

David B

An Idiot
360 was my fav one because I dislike clicky dpad and series got clicky dpad.
Other than that, I have 20th anniversary with rubber grips and it feels solid.
After having it for about 12 years, my Xbox 360 wired controller finally gave out and the texutred tops of the sticks gave out and tore away easily.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
After having it for about 12 years, my Xbox 360 wired controller finally gave out and the texutred tops of the sticks gave out and tore away easily.

I just placed an order for new thumbsticks haha. I have three wireless 360 controllers with the rotating DPADs with the official PC wireless adapter. Going to do a last repair, clean everything and use them one more time before finally making the transition. Should last me a couple more years.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
unboxing-the-new-green-xbox-one-duke-controller_xx8v.1280.jpg

Chukhopops

Elite Series 2 since Christmas and it’s incredible, absolutely immortal battery, stick curve profiles, customized triggers and that build quality.

Worth the money for sure.

David B

An Idiot
Elite Series 2 since Christmas and it’s incredible, absolutely immortal battery, stick curve profiles, customized triggers and that build quality.

Worth the money for sure.
Yup, like I said the grip around the whole controler, the 2 d-pads, the different sticks, the 4 back paddles, and the added texture on the triggers, and the adjust of fast press, medium press, or regular press on the triggers.

I like the Xbox One controller the most. The new series controller having a strange vibration sound (feels like their bursting inside) and clicking strangely when using the d pad.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I just replaced a Series 2 Elite with an intermittent bumper problem with another Series 2 Elite. The bumper had been iffy about a year ago for a week or two but then seemed fine after that. After that year or so of no problems, I suddenly couldn't throw grenades in Halo.

It's the best controller, but that bumper reliability is a problem.

StereoVsn

I have a pretty nifty PowerA controller with paddles and shit that was only like $70 on sale. It is unfortunately wired only.

Otherwise vanilla XSX controller is pretty good. I have been scared away from Elite by it's shit quality.

David B

An Idiot
I have a pretty nifty PowerA controller with paddles and shit that was only like $70 on sale. It is unfortunately wired only.

Otherwise vanilla XSX controller is pretty good. I have been scared away from Elite by it's shit quality.
I don't like back paddles, never have. So I have a regular PowerA Xbox One controller with the clear mute audio and up down audio with that left right clear switch at the bottom. It's not great, but it's ok, was only 30 bucks anyway.

Kilau

360 controller was the most comfortable but the quality control on them was bad, squeaky triggers and also the Dpad was mush. The Xbox One controller is better in those respects, so I like it the best, the Series controller is the next evolution of the One but it's too DAMN LOUD.

Top Bottom